Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

QM Note: All of you, please, specify what item you want a 25% off on, or I'll just assume it is the first item on the list.

Galen buys 1x Trial Brew (80-25%=60 gold), 1x Phoenix Essence (65), 4x Grand Potion (48), 3x Smelling Salt (90), 3x Mead (60), 4x Nostrum (160) for a total of 483 gold. He is left with 793-483=310 gold.

"25% off on the Trial Brew for me, please. Not sure when I will be using this, but it may come in handy some day. I assume that in order to be effective it can only be drunk before the battle starts, right?"

Alexandre also buys a nostrum. Leaving him at 11 gold. (He bought that Phoenix essence correct for 49?)

Party Transaction:

Order:

Sylph: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 1 Grand Tonic (35gp), 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp), and 2 Smelling Salts (30*2=60gp). 234+30(loot)=264gp-60-35-65-60=264-220=44gp

Alex: buys 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp) and 1 Nostrum (40gp). 100+30(loot)=130gp-49-40=130-89=41gp

Lycan: buys 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp), 6 Nostrums (40*5=240gp), and 3 Smelling Salts (30*3=90gp). 357+30(loot)=387gp-49-240-90=387-379=13gp

Galen: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp), 4 Grand Potions (12*4=48gp), 3 Smelling Salts (30*3=90), 3 Meads (20*3=60gp), 4 Nostrum (40*4=160gp). 763+30(loot)=793-60-65-48-90-60-160=793-483=310gp

Elgar: buys 1 nothing (0*75%=0gp). 400+30(loot)=430gp-0=430gp.

Johon: yet to purchase???. 557+30(loot)=587gp.

(OCD: I swear I don't have a problem.)

(Edit: Added Lycan's additional Nostrum)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Lucan buys another Nostrum for 35 gold, leaving him with 13 gold.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Johon, not used to this style, purchases some of the potions.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg1X Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 65 gold.

heroica-mead.jpg2X Mead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-smellingsalts.jpg2X Smelling Salts - Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 30 gold.

heroica-nostrum.jpg3X Nostrum - Causes the lucky-effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle. Costs 40 gold.

rGbaQ.jpg1X Trial Brew: Halves the drinkers max HP, max ether, and max SP for the duration of one battle. These effects are irremediable. Surviving a battle without getting knocked out in this state nets you double EXP. Being revived after being knocked-out removes these effects. Costs 80 gold.

cost: 65+40(20*2)*60(30*2)+120(40*3)+60(80*.75)=345

*Trial brew first*

gold left: 587-345=242

"So, do any of you guys know where we could find a city map?"

"I believe this map is the only one we have, courtesy of Punii. Which reminds me that we should pay a visit to the Smith in 'o', if he's still alive. But the Toxiproggs are first on the list after we complete our purchases."

OlcNu.gif

A: Crash Site

B: Town Hall (consumables)

C: Toxic Burrow (Toxiproggs: info and venom)

D: Commoner's Quarter

E: Marketplace

F: The Dock

G: The Riht's Bridge

H: Riht's Manor

I: Mushroom Gardens

J: Mystrinitri Woods

K: Dini Manor

L: Aristocrat's Quarter

M: Commerz Bank (Ayla)

N: Murkwood

O: The Smith

X: The Clearing

"I jotted down a few notes on the map while we were walking."

"Party Transaction:

Order:

Sylph: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 1 Grand Tonic (35gp), 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp), and 2 Smelling Salts (30*2=60gp). 234+30(loot)=264gp-60-35-65-60=264-220=44gp

Alex: buys 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp) and 1 Nostrum (40gp). 100+30(loot)=130gp-49-40=130-89=41gp

Lycan: buys 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp), 6 Nostrums (40*5=240gp), and 3 Smelling Salts (30*3=90gp). 357+30(loot)=387gp-49-240-90=387-379=13gp

Galen: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp), 4 Grand Potions (12*4=48gp), 3 Smelling Salts (30*3=90), 3 Meads (20*3=60gp), 4 Nostrum (40*4=160gp). 763+30(loot)=793-60-65-48-90-60-160=793-483=310gp

Elgar: buys 1 nothing (0*75%=0gp). 400+30(loot)=430gp-0=430gp.

Johon: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 3 Nostrum (40*3=120gp), 2 Smelling Salts (30*2=60gp), 2 meads (20*2=40gp), and 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp). 557+30(loot)=587gp-60-120-60-40-65=587-345=242gp"

"Ok, that's all in order." stated Sylph as he looked up from his scratches. He ran his eyes across the party. Everyone seemed ready to go with their new-bought equiptment... but Sylph stopped as he caught a glance of Lycan's face.

"Lycan, come here." requested Sylph. The werewolf did as he was told, unaccustomed to being told what to do, but trusting of the druid.

"Your face." Sylph stammered, wondering why he hadn't seen it before. He fiddled with his sack of herbs as the party looked on, surprised. The werewolf's face was marred by a massive red scar, infused with the magic of Rhodus's blade. Lycan reached up to touch his face, but Sylph caught his hand.

"That's a nasty scrape." stated Sylph, pulling a few rough olive-green leaves from his pouch and placing them on the wound. He ripped a shred of his brown cape and wrapped it around the scar. Lycan winced. "You're not going to want to touch that for a while."

"All-right," Stated Sylph. "Let's go buy some poison." concluded Sylph.

"Elgar should buy the next most expensive thing with our money, then give it to the buyer."

I give Elgar 49 GP so he can buy 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp). And then take the phoenix essence.

OoC: Unless Elgar refuses for some reason.

"Hey sylph, don't mean to be picky, but I also believed that you were going to get me a phoenix essence after reviving you?"

Lycan is shocked by the scar. If he had not been in Lycanthope form, that gash might of killed him. However, he rips off the brown cape, and then reaches into hisa pack and grabs a mask. The mask is white, like a skeleton, and reeks of death. When he donned the mask he seemed different. More cunning and secretive.

"Elgar should buy the next most expensive thing with our money, then give it to the buyer."

I give Elgar 49 GP so he can buy 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp). And then take the phoenix essence.

OoC: Unless Elgar refuses for some reason.

"Hey sylph, don't mean to be picky, but I also believed that you were going to get me a phoenix essence after reviving you?"

"Oh, yeah, you're right. " stated Sylph. "Here you go." He said, handing Johon his Phoenix Essence. "It's more useful in your hands anyways." he added. "And, nice strategy."

"Party Transaction:

Order:

Johon: gives Elgar 49 gp.

Elgar: buys 1 Phoenix Essence (65*75%=49gp). 400+30(loot)+49gp(Johon)=479gp-49=430gp.

Johon: buys 1 Trial Brew (80*75%=60gp), 3 Nostrum (40*3=120gp), 2 Smelling Salts (30*2=60gp), 2 meads (20*2=40gp), and 1 Phoenix Essence (65gp). 557+30(loot)-49(Elgar)=587gp-60-120-60-40-65=538-345=193gp

Elgar: ​gives Johon his Phoenix Essence.

Sylph: gives Johon his Phoenix Essence."

Lycan is shocked by the scar. If he had not been in Lycanthope form, that gash might of killed him. However, he rips off the brown cape, and then reaches into hisa pack and grabs a mask. The mask is white, like a skeleton, and reeks of death. When he donned the mask he seemed different. More cunning and secretive.

"That mask smells bad, friend." Stated Sylph solemnly. "It smells of death. Make sure that gash doesn't get infected.... That's what the herbs were for."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 1/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 19/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 44

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1), Smelling Salts x2, Trial Brew, 20-20 glasses

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13.5

Power: 22 (13+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 310

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x3, Nostrum x6, Mead x6, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom, Crumbling Venom x2, Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Black Katana (WP:8), Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x3

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 20

Power: 28 (18+8+0)

Health: 34/34 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 365 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion, Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (3), Phoenix Essence (3), Trail Brew (1), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (2)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 18.5 Evoker

Power: 29

Defense: 0

Health: 26/26

Ether: 17/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3, Opal

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 14/14

Gold: 13 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 8, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrums x3

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 24

Defense: 13

Health: 36/36

Ether: 10/16

Gold: 41

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead, Phoenix Essence

qi64g.png"It's over... *wheeze* finally over...!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x3, Blue x2, Red x1

QM Note: Dannylonglegs, will you will dequipping your helmet to put on the glasses?

Thanking the shopkeep, the party trudges outside with much lighter coinpurses. They round the corner and approach the burrow.

Information

T5MSD.png

"So, here to quench your thrist for knowledge?

Well, too bad. Take some gossip instead."

Information Topics:

-The Royal Family

-The Poor Old Blacksmith

-Luosh's Origins

Venoms

T5MSD.png

"Oooh, you're gonna lovre this new venom we got."

Venoms for Sale

QnP06.jpgVenom: 8 gold "You don't do away with the classics, y'know?"

iMwZN.jpgDeadly Venom: 45 "Don't try drinking this at home, kids."

ejBgK.jpgDecaying Venom: 50 gold "Our own exclusive blend! Does 3 damage and subtracts 1 SP each round from any enemy that is poisoned by this stuff."

lx46K.jpgPlague Venom: 120 gold "If the price doesn't knock ya out, the venom certainly will! This is our premium, top-fo-the-line blend. Does 15 damage and -1 SP per round. We only have 3 in stock, but we'll replenish from time to time."

Upz1I.jpgRemedy: 12 gold "Yeah, yeah, I know it is more expensive then you are used to. But they are hard to come by, and we need them ourselves sometimes. As embarrassing as this sounds... sometimes we poison ourselves."

Edited by Endgame

"That gash would get worse if exposed. The mask is important to me.

"That's what the cape was for. It saddens me to see a spirit of nature don a mask."

"Thank you for the wares Toxic Proggs, but I still have some left over from our last visit." chuckled Sylph, his demeanor becoming less serious.

T5MSD.png

"Not interested in info?"

"Info is always welcome my friend. What have you ascertained since we last met?" Sylph said as he removed some metal scraps and studs from his animal-skull helmet to make room for his newly-acquired goggles.

(OoC: Yes, I'll deequip the helmet and equip the goggles.)

"Good to see you again, Toxiproggs. I would take a Deadly Venom for 45 gold, your mixtures have served us well in battle. I am tempted by the Plague Venom, but it's terribly expensive. Maybe if we all chipped in 20 gold or so we could buy one and save it for extreme circumstances."

OoC: Endgame, please note that my Power should be 22 (13+9). Also, there's a lone Mead in my inventory (after the Goblin's Wrench) that would like to join its siblings! :grin:

"Yes, I would very much like to hear about this Blacksmith. To start with!"

T5MSD.png

"Okay, so apparently the local smithy here is really old. Some Proggs put him in a cage and threw him into a secluded corner of Luosh. I heard a big nasty not-Progg monster is guarding him. Guess they don't want you getting any help.

I guess I'll spill the rest of my intel too.

Luoshians are apparently some Waldurk forest people from Ennon. As the Orcish invasion began, a small group of them hightailed it here. They chose the most densely forested place on Uland, I guess, because it reminded them of home. They were just a small village, of maybe 15 people, but they survived and lived the peaceful life. Since then, Luosh has flourished and became a quiet little city for the middle-class and the rich. Of course, it isn't very quiet anymore...

The Royal Family, aka Rhodus, Eidolon, and Aquos, were surprisingly close. Like all brothers they bickered, but they seemed to be the only people who would truly get along in harmony. I guess even evil has room in their hearts for family. Now that Rhodus is dead, the other two brothers will be royally pissed."

"Good to see you again, Toxiproggs. I would take a Deadly Venom for 45 gold, your mixtures have served us well in battle. I am tempted by the Plague Venom, but it's terribly expensive. Maybe if we all chipped in 20 gold or so we could buy one and save it for extreme circumstances."

"I would be fine with that." agreed Sylph.

T5MSD.png

"Okay, so apparently the local smithy here is really old. Some Proggs put him in a cage and threw him into a secluded corner of Luosh. I heard a big nasty not-Progg monster is guarding him. Guess they don't want you getting any help.

I guess I'll spill the rest of my intel too.

Luoshians are apparently some Waldurk forest people from Ennon. As the Orcish invasion began, a small group of them hightailed it here. They chose the most densely forested place on Uland, I guess, because it reminded them of home. They were just a small village, of maybe 15 people, but they survived and lived the peaceful life. Since then, Luosh has flourished and became a quiet little city for the middle-class and the rich. Of course, it isn't very quiet anymore...

The Royal Family, aka Rhodus, Eidolon, and Aquos, were surprisingly close. Like all brothers they bickered, but they seemed to be the only people who would truly get along in harmony. I guess even evil has room in their hearts for family. Now that Rhodus is dead, the other two brothers will be royally pissed."

"Ha! I can imagine." commented Sylph. "Thanks for the intel. I wonder what sort of monster they stuck near the poor black-guard..."

T5MSD.png

"There are rumors floating about that the beast they have guarding him is not working on his own will. They have some leverage on him or something.

It's said wherever he is is cursed."