Leo604

American Football

I'm hoping Peyton gets another ring too. He is the best QB of his generation, but most people tend to only consider rings in GOAT debates.

I reckon they will lose to the Pats though. Pats have the best coach, and they always get lucky when they need it.

My picks were; Seattle, New England, Panthers, and Broncos.

4-4 in the posst season now.

Really tired of the 49ers. Patriots vs. Seattle for superbowl.

I'm 7-1 in my picks so far! Only got the Chiefs wrong, and I was admittedly biased in that one.

Next week's picks for me are Denver and Seattle.

I'm a little worried about the NE-Denver game. The Pats have historically played bad in Denver. That being said, Manning is historically bad against the Pats. It's a toss up really, I'm picking the Pats over the Broncos. On the NFC side, I'm picking Seattle, no real reason just a feeling. That defense is stout!

I would argue Manning isn't historically bad vs the Pats. He's been unlucky in many games (this season's game being a typical example), often losing because of his defence not him. I can think of one bad game he has had, and a couple below par. His teams have just never been as good as the Pats until he joined the Broncos.

I would argue Manning isn't historically bad vs the Pats. He's been unlucky in many games (this season's game being a typical example), often losing because of his defence not him. I can think of one bad game he has had, and a couple below par. His teams have just never been as good as the Pats until he joined the Broncos.

That's what I mean his teams are generally not as good vs the Pats as they are against everyone else.

Even though they beat the Packers, I'm still rooting for SF. It's about time they win a Super Bowl, and I definitely don't want to see the Pats in it again. So, fingers crossed for a SF-Denver Super Bowl.

Even though they beat the Packers, I'm still rooting for SF. It's about time they win a Super Bowl, and I definitely don't want to see the Pats in it again. So, fingers crossed for a SF-Denver Super Bowl.

I'm the exact opposite. I do not like the Harboughs. I really don't want SF to move on.

I'm the exact opposite. I do not like the Harboughs. I really don't want SF to move on.

What's not to love about WonderBaugh?

tBCJdpX.jpg

^ What the heck is that?! :tongue:

Anyways, huge NE fan, another year, another AFC championship, and this year with the second youngest crew in the NFL, a quarter of their defense on IR, and in the last game, a NE running back getting more yards than Tom. Even if we don't win, I think getting here is a testament to the power of Bill Belichick and the NE organization.

Having lived in Seattle for some two years, there is only one team to cheer for tonight: Go Hawks!!

...Ok there, Richard Sherman.

Ayup. People complain about Harbough's bad sportsmanship, I don't want to hear it after this Seahawks win. :tongue:

At least the Broncos delivered this week, so it's still an interesting Super Bowl. Let's just hope Manning and company can pull through against that Seattle defense.

So yeah Richard Sherman is insane and I think actually scared the crap out of Erin Andrews. Should make for a great media day. And wow was I wrong on predictions...hmmmm maybe I'll be better for the big game.

I think Manning can do it. I really want him to get a second Superbowl. I was so happy he won vs the Pats.

However Seattle are going to keep the scoring chances to a minimum, so the receivers are going to decide if Broncos win or not.

This is so awesome!

When I lived in Seattle and the Seahawks still played in the Kinddome, it was the lamest thing when it came to pro-sports in all of the Pacific Northwest. If you wanted to watch interesting football you went to see the Huskies and in general the Supersonics were the team to really get excited about! And now this, never believed that the new stadium would be worth the trouble it caused then.

Time for the Sounders to win something big in that stadium though!

Is this the Seahawks second Superbowl since the stadium opened? Or was the loss to the Steelers earlier than I thought.

Not to go off topic, but the Sounders are the best run team in the States. They could easily dominate. Amazing fans as well.

The Seahawks have never won anything in the Kingdome. It was bulldozed in 1999 after Paul Allen had taken over the club's ownership and the citizens of Seattle had agreed in a referendum to raise taxes to pay for a new one. So basicly the stadium belongs to the citizens. (Wich is why I refuse to call it it's official name).

So yes, with the new stadium the Hawks started winning.

All I'm worried about is the weather, the Broncos have the upper hand but a bad weather day could ruin it all by turning it into a running game.

Kind of mad about the Denver loss, I kind of took a rage quit on football when they lost (after the NFC championship of course). But what are you going to do. :ugh:

But Seattle won :excited: so since the super bowl is in New Jersey, I hope Peyton performs like he usually does in bad/cold weather and hope Seatle just has a great game and wins 49-0 and just blows the Broncos out of the water. :cannon:

(Of course if that miracle does happen I can't wait to see a close up of Peytons face :devil:) You can kind of tell how I feel, you'll defiantly see me cheer for him to get another win . :hmpf: I know he's the best second best quarterback to play the game, but it doesn't mean I have to like him, I'll like him when he retires.

(do not consider this hate mail, just an avid Patriots fan, I really do think he's one of the best players the NFL will ever see and he will be missed [by some of us])

Kind of mad about the Denver loss, I kind of took a rage quit on football when they lost (after the NFC championship of course). But what are you going to do. :ugh:

But Seattle won :excited: so since the super bowl is in New Jersey, I hope Peyton performs like he usually does in bad/cold weather and hope Seatle just has a great game and wins 49-0 and just blows the Broncos out of the water. :cannon:

(Of course if that miracle does happen I can't wait to see a close up of Peytons face :devil:) You can kind of tell how I feel, you'll defiantly see me cheer for him to get another win . :hmpf: I know he's the best second best quarterback to play the game, but it doesn't mean I have to like him, I'll like him when he retires.

(do not consider this hate mail, just an avid Patriots fan, I really do think he's one of the best players the NFL will ever see and he will be missed [by some of us])

Here here!!