DoubleT

Exo Force Summer Sets

Oh boy, and I was thinking of never buying another Exo set :-| :-P

I totally dislike all those mechs BUT I do love that kind of asian temple *wub* This will do well somwhere in my future town hehe ;-)

*yoda*

The golden tower would go well with the adventurers theme.

The golden tower would go well with the adventurers theme.

it's a great moc for a japanese temple or castle.

Golden Tower-It's pretty good, but I would have like more minifigures!

Robot Tank-Grandeur! Those robot little jets are cool! So is Ryo's machine. But his uniform thing is probably a prototype. This may nevr replace Bridge Walker as the ultimate weapon of devastation though. *skull*

Ha-Ya-To's Machine-Although he's my least favorite pilot, I'm loving his machine. Those jet engines are cool.

You guys, when you say Ha-Ya-To's cockpit is bad, you are saying the same about the Cyclone Defender's. Ha-Ya-To's mech is basically a Cyclone Defender that is blue and has a jetpack. Same cockpit, same legs, same everything. I really wish that we knew the names.

Okay, then the Cyclone Defender was bad too :-P Seriously, if you're gonna have a big expensive mech, you should invest a few extra bucks in making a more secure cockpit...that one's just pathetic :-X MOC a good one onto it though, and the rest looks fairly sweet. The golden katanas are still the best part of the line IMO ;-)

The golden katanas are still the best part of the line IMO ;-)

wow...if you feel so strongly about it, i should really think to invest in a set or two. golden katanas can be quite useful to castle (samurai) fans..expecting the price of the swords to rise once sold out. ;-) X-D

I dunno, I think they'll be popular enough. I mean they do only come in one set, but I'd be surprised if the BL price of them was about $1.20US each

wow...if you feel so strongly about it, i should really think to invest in a set or two. golden katanas can be quite useful to castle (samurai) fans..expecting the price of the swords to rise once sold out. ;-) X-D

What a great idea. I think I'll do the same.

I just have a question: Why do so many people comment on a line that they don't even like?

Comments like bleh, bah, I don't like mechs etc. are not very constructive.

I really think tow-trucks, cranes, boats and all City are a waste of space, but I generally don't post in those boards either. Maybe others should do this too...

Check this out Dill: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Amx10rc_045.jpg

Tanks don't always have threads...

All, right, you have a point. But it is stil DEFINATELY not a tank. It is a bigger version of the X-1 Rammer, and it is friggin' awesome!

The more I look at these sets, the more I learn and the more I like them. I'm begginning to love the Golden Tower, as it is the only really important Golden City building, and the mech that comes with it is simply awesome. At first I thought the flying mech only had two missles and a duo shooter, but if you look back by the jets you can see a little shooter. This means it is just as powerful as the Sonic Phantom, but perhaps not as fast.

I've never had a favorite pilot, but with his amazing mech, Ha-Ya-To is my favorite, then Takeshi, then Ryo , then Hikaru. Ha-Ya-To's mech is probably the most poweful Exo-Force mech by far, with a good color scheme, three huge jets, 7 laser cannons, and a bunch of missles too. This is my favorite Exo-Force mech BY FAR, including the robot ones.

And the huge vehicle one is probably in my top five too. I love everything about this set, even if the car is a bit thrown together in some parts. The turret looks nice, the head is great too, the Infantry units are a good feature, and so are the flanking little mechs. The mech Ryo use is also great, even though there are no permanent shooters, but it has missles at least. The claws and color scheme look great too.

I just love these sets, and I think '07 is much better than '06.

I really think that the Tank (or whatever it is) looks like a pile of garbage thrown together by a shovel....

When you compare it to a set like the Bridge Walker, it really looks too random and plain old ugly. It has no design. It's simply a box with wheels....

It may be the ONLY E-F set I'm not getting...

Future pictures will tell if it really is that horrible...

I really think that the Tank (or whatever it is) looks like a pile of garbage thrown together by a shovel....

When you compare it to a set like the Bridge Walker, it really looks too random and plain old ugly. It has no design. It's simply a box with wheels....

It may be the ONLY E-F set I'm not getting...

Future pictures will tell if it really is that horrible...

but ryo's mech that comes with it is beautiful though. :'-) buy it for the mech! *sing*

True.

Maybe I'll make a MOC from the Tank or something...

I've just ordered the Combined package of 07 jan BMs, so my E-F collection will soon be complete again...

Even though I'm *still* trying to find out where the arms are, it looks pretty good overall. So much for Hayato lacking a weapons-dominant mech! :-D

Hey KMOI, how are you buddy? I just wanted to point out that the arms are under the shoulder mounted guns. It looks like he has two free hands to grab any weapon that someone may drop...

I can't wait to get my hands on that mech, it is so cool! I'm really excited about that and the golden city set. I would like to see one more golden city temple set. Hope that happens. I really like the *updated Sonic Phantom* in that set too. I like it all a lot. *wub* :'-) *y* *sweet* X-D *wub* :'-)

holy humna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i like the hayato thingy it is so huge!!!

there should be a set with takeshi in the summer, or he probably died in the story

Ah, there we go! Thanks hinckley! Yowza. Yep, guess it is a detachable backpack, as others have already said. While I don't plan on getting any, Hayato's mech looks like the best of the lot. It really stands out for rather obvious reasons. You simply do not mess with that thing!

Now that I've given it a day to let the shock pass, here's some revised thoughts.

While I agree with everyone that the temple thingy is nice, I have to say that the new "Sonic Phantom" isn't overly impressive. It just seems like they took the standard mini spaceship and stuck turbines on it. When they brought out the Sonic Phantom, it was a great idea because it was so unique. Turbines for wings? Awesome! But this doesn't really intrigue me as much. The temple is great, though I really hope there's an interior considering the somewhat simple outside look.

I'm liking that oversized robot cart even less now. But since I'll be kabobed and flabeed if I don't provide "constructive critisism", here's my idea. Since the thing opens up, they should have just scraped those mini-flyers and had a REAL bipedal mech that smells of evil. And have MecaOne pilot it! Of course, I'm not being realistic. But they should have at least a pair of upgraded neon-green Claw-Crusher frame mechs with upgraded features, just like how the Red Sentry in the Gate Assault set expanded upon the original Sentry design. Guess the real reason I'm not really "feeling" these sets is that there's a lack of mechs here. Especially in a theme that's based entirely around the premise of mechs.

holy humna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i like the hayato thingy it is so huge!!!

there should be a set with takeshi in the summer, or he probably died in the story

Thats what everyone said about Hayato! Stop saying people die just cause they aren't in a set!!! Was takeshi in the stealth hunter? NO, I guess he died then!

-l2k-

Robot rammer- I don't know why, but I just don't really like this. Apart from the mini flyers, it looks... odd. Although I do like the claws on the mech. Kinda like Wolverine.

Golden Tower- Not too fussed on the flyer, but as remarked earlier- four golden katanas. In fact, stuff that, GOLD! And because its a prototype, Hikaru's hair is the wrong colour.

Ha-Ya-To's mech- My God! Its like an Exo-Suit Exo-Suit. The Dark Blue mech is good on its own, but with three engines, mini wings, big guns, a second pair of arms, red and white, jetpack controls, and overall coolness, this is great. And Ha-Ya-To's got a different torso design to Hikaru this time. Its gold.

I hope that ha-ya-to's mech won't change, especially having him in it, but if anything is changed, then the cockpit should be more secure... I'll probably do an MOC cockpit for it if it doesnt change...

I must say this looks promising. I thought the january wave was not as great as earlier releases. The mechs were small and felt IMO like a desperate try to "milk the golden cow before it dies".

But these new pics change that, mostly....only mostly.

I can't understand what a seriously oversized tank with neon-green wheels has to do with the bridge or even the fight between humans and robots. The temple is a nice addition and also the new mech. But not the tank.

Can anyone clarify what the point of the tank is? . I know there's a lot of more dedicated EF fans out there and if you know what the megablocks this tank is for, then please let me know?

Other than that - I'm so getting these sets. Must shop harder and fill my EF collection to the rim again.

KimT

I know there's a lot of more dedicated EF fans out there and if you know what the megablocks this tank is for, then please let me know?

Death.Destruction.World dominance.

But i agree, death should come in a more...elegant form. :-P

Thats what everyone said about Hayato! Stop saying people die just cause they aren't in a set!!! Was takeshi in the stealth hunter? NO, I guess he died then!

-l2k-

Hee hee.. I started the rumpr about Ha-Ya-To possibly dying. I had better reasons though. If they were(but they didn't) killing off the Iron Drones, I thought Ha-Ya-To might die in the final battle. Takieshi dying, however, had no reason. Very funny comment.

That jetpack on Hayato's mech would look darn spiffy attached to White Lightening.