CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

This wave of TMNT is for 2013. Not all themes get both a winter and summer wave. It might not be until next winter that we get more.

True, but a break rarely happens with a licensed line. I am sure someone will be able to name one off the bat, but I can't think of a licensed theme which skipped an entire winter or summer line. Deep down I am really not that worried. I think my Turtles will be back this summer, perhaps with a giant green crocodile to assist them in their battles against the Kraang. :grin:

I think these TMNT sets look great, but my gut instinct seems to coincide with what Hobbestimus alluded to. It's hard for me to compare it to anything else, but I'm still getting a "one-and-done" vibe from this theme. I guess you could say it's disappointing, but then I never really expected otherwise so I'm not as annoyed as I otherwise might be. :sceptic: (That sounded better in my head. But then, most of my thoughts do, lol.)

Here's hoping TLG proves me wrong! :grin:

Yeah, I also expect a wave for January 2014. Look at the Turtle Lair... It is already sold out EVERYWHERE!

Just because the sets aren't widely available yet doesn't mean they're sold out. There's a big difference. But I agree, I think the Lair will be one of the more popular sets from the first wave.

True, but a break rarely happens with a licensed line. I am sure someone will be able to name one off the bat, but I can't think of a licensed theme which skipped an entire winter or summer line.

Spongebob sets have taken breaks, right?

On the otherhand, they've invested enough in new and very specific parts (Kraangs and evil mutants and Turtle shells/heads) that I could see them expecting to get a lot more traction out of this theme.

I was thinking this as well, a lot of money spent(it would seem), but then I got to thinking of the Dino line. Those dinos certainly couldn't have been cheap. Hard to say whether we'll see a return to Dino, or Turtles.

I thought they said they wanted Dino to become an Evergreen theme, meaning it will never go away. Breaks are inevitable to allow room for new themes, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't return to Dino. Now TMNT, who knows. It probably depends on the success of the series. I'd imagine at least one more wave to coincide with the next season that was ordered. I don't know any details though. But it is all speculation on my part. I can imagine the molds weren't cheap and they'd want to use them as much as they can, but they certainly have lots of molds that are used only once. So who knows with TLG.

Does anyone know why no TMNT sets are in the January 2013 catologue? All the other sets are in there. They are out january in the UK arent they?

cheers

I like these sets a lot, it's easy to get all 4 Turtles without spending too much. The only thing I'm missing is a more real like looking sewer, with an enclosed feeling and a big round sewage piping.

Besides hoping we get another wave eventually I'm also hoping the builds are better. I feel like a lot of aspects of the 4 sets I have suck. The little often yellow vehicles are really quite boring and stupid. Baxter's Mech is great. Shredders Bike I like (for as ridiculously bulky as it is), the Lair has some okay aspects (could be much better though) but I'm really just getting a meh sense out of most of them.

The minifigures are where it's at. This is my favorite Lego franchise yet. Though I'm not sure I like how they did Dogpound (he should be muuuuch bigger, like at LEAST the size of the Castle Fantasy big Ogre d00ds who I forget the name of), I wish Baxter had his normal hair and not the stupid helmet and I wish I got the Kraang in their human suit. I also kind of wish the Kraang thing was a tad smaller. It fits in a 5x4 area, wish it was like a 4x3 area.

Still, very good. Everything can improve though.

I just got the Baxter set in the mail and I noticed on the back of the box, in the window that is in the top left corner where it shows how baxter is in the mech, Baxter is wearing April's pants! :grin::laugh:

Hello My name is Adam Hinkle

I have been a fan of legos and TMNT since I was like 2. I have been waiting for TMNT legos for ever. I am so happy that they have finally released these officially. I was lucky enough to receive all but one of these for Christmas i enjoy them very much I can’t wait to see more released.

But any way enough introductions I need some help and I hope I can receive some information from all you amazing Moc(ers). I want to create As TMTN sewer layer based on the new TMNT show by nick. But I’m having some issues with certain aspects.

I was wondering if anyone has some opinions of how to go about this moc.

One of the issues I’m having is the sewer entrance. I would like to make it as "realistic" as I can so, I wanted to actually have a working manhole cover for the turtles to come and go. I had some idea but I’m not fully sure how to go about this.

I’m also looking for reference material to work with.

I’m not the best Moc(er) but I feel a strong urge to focus on this and work on this Creation.

If anybody has any insight to this please PM me

Hello My name is Adam Hinkle

I have been a fan of legos and TMNT since I was like 2. I have been waiting for TMNT legos for ever. I am so happy that they have finally released these officially. I was lucky enough to receive all but one of these for Christmas i enjoy them very much I can’t wait to see more released.

But any way enough introductions I need some help and I hope I can receive some information from all you amazing Moc(ers). I want to create As TMTN sewer layer based on the new TMNT show by nick. But I’m having some issues with certain aspects.

I was wondering if anyone has some opinions of how to go about this moc.

One of the issues I’m having is the sewer entrance. I would like to make it as "realistic" as I can so, I wanted to actually have a working manhole cover for the turtles to come and go. I had some idea but I’m not fully sure how to go about this.

I’m also looking for reference material to work with.

I’m not the best Moc(er) but I feel a strong urge to focus on this and work on this Creation.

If anybody has any insight to this please PM me

cool idea! ...I built the shell raiser and I'm willing to attempt a review if you guys would want it.

Edit on 12/31/12: Happy New Years!

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

So....the new Chima music video has a bear and rhino tribe in it. (See Chima Thread in the Action Forums) Possible future tribes for Wave 2? Do I see a new TMNT minifig in the future? :wink:

My first reaction was to scream "ROCKSTEADY!" at the computer. I'm such a dork, lol. :tongue:

So....the new Chima music video has a bear and rhino tribe in it. (See Chima Thread in the Action Forums) Possible future tribes for Wave 2? Do I see a new TMNT minifig in the future? :wink:

My first reaction was to scream "ROCKSTEADY!" at the computer. I'm such a dork, lol. :tongue:

I will have to head over to see those rhinos... :blush:

Yeah, I don't care about Chima at all. However I like some of those parts and can't help but think "Rocksteady!", "Hawkgirl/man!", "Leatherhead!", etc.

They're really going all out with Chima. Not sure how well it'll do. They've got like 15 freakin' sets released in one month?

Yeah, I don't care about Chima at all. However I like some of those parts and can't help but think "Rocksteady!", "Hawkgirl/man!", "Leatherhead!", etc.

They're really going all out with Chima. Not sure how well it'll do. They've got like 15 freakin' sets released in one month?

That's not much different than Ninjago's debut wave (14 sets, not counting polybags, promotional items, and store exclusives), and it was a huge hit. TLG doesn't just leap blindly into new themes-- a big initial wave means they have reason to think this theme will be successful.

Really, what surprises me about Chima is how (compared to most other LEGO story themes) it has a HUGE cast of characters. Knights' Kingdom II, Ninjago, Exo-Force, and even licensed themes like TMNT have typically stuck with a smaller pool of characters and give them alternate expressions or costumes. Chima has 22 characters in its first wave of sets, more characters than even BIONICLE (which had a MASSIVE cast of characters) would typically have in a single wave of sets. I'm curious how this will work out since having less emphasis on a small, close-knit cast of characters means it might become difficult for kids to get an emotional attachment to those characters, especially since in the show some will almost certainly be relegated to background character status.

As far as TMNT is concerned, I'm not sure whether TLG will use a lot of Chima parts in it. After all, Chima has a very specific visual direction, and I have a hard time imagining parts like the "animal helmets" that are used to define the characters' appearance will be used often in unrelated licensed themes. But that doesn't stop AFOLs from using them if they come out with appropriate prints (or even if they don't, since some people will surely want to use Chima parts as a basis for heavier customization).

Im not too certain if this has been asked before but, Can the Lego corp use characters and locations/vehicles from other versions of the Turtles? I would LOVE a turtle blimp. For all I know this may exist in the current cartoon as well.

I fully believe that the turtles could survive multiple waves just due to the current show alone. Im not sure whats left to be done. But one of the biggest parts of the ninja turtles is that they make their items from discarded trash. That alone gives lego a lot of room for original ideas.

Im not too certain if this has been asked before but, Can the Lego corp use characters and locations/vehicles from other versions of the Turtles? I would LOVE a turtle blimp. For all I know this may exist in the current cartoon as well.

The short answer is that TLG has the TMNT license with Nickelodeon. I wouldn't expect them to manufacture or design any sets that weren't a direct part of the new Nick show. As to what direction the Nick show will take, opinions vary.

The short answer is that TLG has the TMNT license with Nickelodeon. I wouldn't expect them to manufacture or design any sets that weren't a direct part of the new Nick show. As to what direction the Nick show will take, opinions vary.

Dogpound and Fishface are pretty much the Bebop and Rocksteady of the new show, unless they're not and Bebop and Rocksteady are in season two.

Are there any indications on the markets in which this theme will be available?

I really hope it won't be restricted to the US *huh*.