Gunner

[LDD MOC] Eta-2 Actis-class Light Interceptor

Sometimes, official LEGO starfighters are oversized. In the case of Jedi Starfighters, way oversized, even if good looking. For this CB, I wanted to bring the Eta-2s closer to minifig scale, so here it is:

s-foils.png

I don't have many MSPaint Photoshop skills. :blush:

I've built all main Eta-2s that appear on RotS, from Obi-Wan's dark red to Anakin's dark green:

lddscreenshot12.png

They all feature moveable flaps and opening cockpits. Sadly, I couldn't fit any decent landing gear. :sadnew:

Let's take a closer look at the rear of Obi's starfighter:

lddscreenshot9.png

The cockpit is my least favourite area. I like how it turned out, but is far from accurate. I wish there was a smaller version of the piece used in the official ones.

Minifigure comparison:

lddscreenshot6.png

It's not perfect minifig scale, but it's pretty close. I think.

Lastly, there's a comparison with 9494:

eta_2_starfighter_2.png

Brickshelf Gallery (when moderated): Eta-2 Gallery

Thanks for reading!

Gunner

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, they are more closer to the minifigs size :classic: :classic:

Personally i think the Eta-2 is a bit too undersized like this, both in terms of aesthetics and from an practical point of view as well: where are you supposed to put a full astromech droid like R2-D2?

But concept and execution are two seperate matters, and i do admire the craftmanship you have displayed with these creations! Your models are very true to the original design and full of detail, i particularly like the way how you made the rear of the cockpit and the scaled down flaps. So great job on the execution of your concept! :thumbup:

That cockpit isn't a half bad solution. While I think it looks a bit Chibi, they really are much more accurate in size to the LEGO minifigures. :thumbup:

You've done a great job making a smaller version of this. Although from looking at reference pics it now looks just a tad on the small size and yes a little chibbie.

I wonder what widening it by two studs an lengthening it by one would look like? What is the stud length comparison between the Lego's version and yours?

Nice contribution to the CB. :thumbup:

This is very good indeed! They are definitely closer to minifig scale, and are generally awesome! Good work indeed :sweet:

Nice Job Gunner, I really like these, they may be small, but they sure don't lack detail. Good Build!

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, they are more closer to the minifigs size :classic: :classic:

Very nice job. I really like that it's more to minifigure scale.

Nice work on capturing the correct scale :thumbup:

I like the general look better than the set too :classic:

Thanks! :sweet: My main goal was to make it smaller, and it was quite easy. The cockpit was a bit hard, I tried 4 different designs before getting to this one. :sceptic:

Personally i think the Eta-2 is a bit too undersized like this, both in terms of aesthetics and from an practical point of view as well: where are you supposed to put a full astromech droid like R2-D2?

But concept and execution are two seperate matters, and i do admire the craftmanship you have displayed with these creations! Your models are very true to the original design and full of detail, i particularly like the way how you made the rear of the cockpit and the scaled down flaps. So great job on the execution of your concept! :thumbup:

Thanks. The problem of the astromech is that they aren't proportioned to the minifigs as real astro-droids are to humans, while the starfighters are. Curious enough, I don't think astromechs would fit in the real fighters. Watching the movie you can see things like this, and some times the portion of the droid that sticks out above the fighter vary (most notably when Anakin visits Padmé before going to Mustafar). And there's also this. Maybe astromechs have some weird folding features. :grin:

That cockpit isn't a half bad solution. While I think it looks a bit Chibi, they really are much more accurate in size to the LEGO minifigures. :thumbup:

You've done a great job making a smaller version of this. Although from looking at reference pics it now looks just a tad on the small size and yes a little chibbie.

I wonder what widening it by two studs an lengthening it by one would look like? What is the stud length comparison between the Lego's version and yours?

Nice contribution to the CB. :thumbup:

Thank you. Now that you've mentioned, it looks a bit Chibi. :blush:

Wokajablocka, I'll try your suggestions, and maybe later take some screenshots. 9494 is 23(L)x22 (W) studs, while mine are 17(L)x14(W), approximately.

Gunner

Wow, good job, seeing them in this size is a lot better on the eye.

That first picture is great, are they overlayed on the existing fighters, or is it a shot without them on?

hi i know this is an old thread but can someone give me the LDD file. This is just too awesome