Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

I'm eagerly waiting for the stagecoatch review and I hope It will be worth the price. I think the price is pretty steep at the moment.

While not a huge western fan, I am simply falling in love with this theme just for the shear versatility of these sets. Above and beyond how well crafted the sets themselves seem, with interesting builds and great color palettes, is the amazing amount of accessories and details that can be cross used. Just look at the huge variety of distinct yet versatile pink skinned heads. Not to mention the hats guns torsos etc.

Right now I'm just hoping that the movie is half as good as these sets are.

I apologize if this a dumb question, but is Kmart still selling Lone Ranger sets, or did they stop?

I apologize if this a dumb question, but is Kmart still selling Lone Ranger sets, or did they stop?

They aren't on there anymore. Additionally, if you type it in on the search bar, it redirects to The Hobbit Mirkwood Spiders set.

When are these supposed to be hitting the streets? I'm surprised to see them out so early when the movie doesn't come out until July?

Just found all the sets at my local TRU. Prices are jacked up of course but with the 15 off 75 they're close to retail so i got some. Ill return them tho after s@h gets theirs :-). Im in the st. Louis area.

You know what's best about this theme? It has NO, count 'em, NO flick-fire missiles! :grin_wub: :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

Ever since the blasted "play features" came about, at least one set in a play theme will have flick-fire, so a whole THEME (albeit a small one) without them is quite a pleasant surprise. I like the Silver Mine the most (and will get it first). The Stagecoach is next, and then maybe the Constitution Train Chase. Tonto is my favorite minifigure in the theme, interesting yet accurate. What I don't like about his non-Silver Mine variation is that, based on what I've seen of the serious film Tonto in the trailers, the expressions are wrong! His happier face just doesn't look quite right, and his scared face looks even more ridiculous than Robin's! He also looks slightly too young. I still like him, but I think the Silver Mine version is the best.

Edited by 8BrickMario

You know what's best about this theme? It has NO, count 'em, NO flick-fire missiles! :grin_wub: :grin_wub: :grin_wub:

Ever since the start of the blasted "play features", mainstream themes (Technic and Creator excluded) have had at least one set with flick-fire in them. Explodey walls are in this theme, but absolutely no flick-fire missiles. I like the Silver Mine the most (and will get it first). The Stagecoach is next, and then maybe the Constitution Train Chase. Tonto is my favorite minifigure in the theme, interesting yet accurate. What I don't like about his non-Silver Mine variation is that the exp<b></b>ressions are wrong for the serious film Tonto (based on what I've seen in the trailers). His scared face looks even more ridiculous than Robin's!

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are two: the longhorn on the office in the mine and the chandler in the bank. There are flick missiles!!!

Oh. Oops and darn it. The flick-missiles aren't advertised well, so I didn't notice them. I guess it just wouldn't be LEGO without the stupid things, would it? By the way, no need to quote my whole post, just delete what you don't need within the quote code.

Edited by 8BrickMario

New trailer for the Lone Ranger if you are so inclined...

http://collider.com/the-lone-ranger-tv-spot-poster/

Whilst I don't have a lot of interest in this movie, I am crossing my fingers that it does well at the box office. Well enough to warrant a sequel because the sets are awesome sauce and I gotsta have more of em..

Oh, the whole line is available at YoYo.com. But buyer beware, they went all Toys R Us on us and jacked up the prices. Even with the YOYO30 code, they are still above MSRP.

http://www.yoyo.com/buy?s=lone%20ranger

(Sees new trailer) I absolutely love how Tonto is a comic relief character without being offensive at all. He is funny while not a butt of jokes, especially not towards Native Americans, and I think Disney is wonderful in how they pulled it off. "Something very wrong with that horse." :laugh:

Back to the sets. The Constitution is growing more on me every day. I don't think I'll be able to pass up any set in the theme now. I will unfortunately have to pick up some $70-$80 sets from last year (which will take some time working out the money) before they're gone in the summer before getting LR sets! I think Ray may be my favorite minifigure under Miss Harrington. His face is hilarious and I love his grungy outfit! If only LEGO could've printed some scuff marks on his hat (à la Mr. Good and Evil). Then again, his vest is the dirtiest part. The movie will reveal more, I'm sure. It's infuriating not knowing the background of the scenes, or who Red really is! (I'm glad Helena won't be playing a one-dimensional "naughty girl", seeing as she carries a pistol and has an ivory peg leg with a gun in it -the white leg-. She's a pretty dangerous gal!)

EDIT: I just noticed that both Johnny Depp characters as minifigures have a stopwatch 1x1 tile as an accessory!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I am probably going to wait to see the movie before buying any sets, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to want a Tonto :laugh: The movie looks like it is going to be great!

I only wish it came out before the sets. Like I have previously mentioned, the wild speculation is killing me. To play with the sets and find that my perception of a scene or character is wildly off the mark after seeing the film does not seem like something to look forward to. I like my play with licensed themes to be accurate to an extent. I am happy that the film is Disney; they've done many excellent movies, so it will be right up my alley. I like tamer movies, anyway (by that I mean not extreme or gory), so Disney is always a good place to go for a film. (Then again, who else would make a Lone Ranger movie?) I too hope for a sequel, because the sets are so amazing that it would be a shame to have only a six-set theme, no matter if it is paused like Ninjago.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I think LEGO will have to mass-produce the Stagecoach based on you guys's ravings. I can guarantee now that the people at the LEGO store will say something along the lines of "Yeah, that one's been flying off the shelves", when I get it. (The reason I post this now is that I was catching up on some older posts.)

Edited by 8BrickMario

^^ No probs :classic:

The Colby city showdown is a must buy for me, I think it's cheap enough for £40

I think LEGO will have to mass-produce the Stagecoach based on you guys's ravings. I can guarantee now that the people at the LEGO store will say something along the lines of "Yeah, that one's been flying off the shelves", when I get it. (The reason I post this now is that I was catching up on some older posts.)

Or LEGO will simply move stacks of the set from Europe to the US, since over here it is waaaay to overpriced to become a success (50€)! :sick:

I just now noticed the obvious... Red has the phrase "red herring" in her name. This makes me think there's another dimension to her. Either she's tricky or not all she seems to be...

Red is shaping up to be my favorite minifigure of the theme and is certainly piquing my interest in the film! I only wish that the hair could be more red. I understand, though, because if it were, it would blend into her red outfit and the stagecoach. I am jealous of LEGO because they've seen the peg leg!

Link:http://www.usatoday.... - Top Stories)

I loved the S@H info! Thanks, Kez!

EDIT:

A new trailer with a bit showing how Red's leg shotgun works!

http://bestforfilm.c...es-new-trailer/

Edited by 8BrickMario

(Sees new trailer) I absolutely love how Tonto is a comic relief character without being offensive at all. He is funny while not a butt of jokes, especially not towards Native Americans, and I think Disney is wonderful in how they pulled it off. "Something very wrong with that horse." :laugh:

Back to the sets. The Constitution is growing more on me every day. I don't think I'll be able to pass up any set in the theme now. I will unfortunately have to pick up some $70-$80 sets from last year (which will take some time working out the money) before they're gone in the summer before getting LR sets! I think Ray may be my favorite minifigure under Miss Harrington. His face is hilarious and I love his grungy outfit! If only LEGO could've printed some scuff marks on his hat (à la Mr. Good and Evil). Then again, his vest is the dirtiest part. The movie will reveal more, I'm sure. It's infuriating not knowing the background of the scenes, or who Red really is! (I'm glad Helena won't be playing a one-dimensional "naughty girl", seeing as she carries a pistol and has an ivory peg leg with a gun in it -the white leg-. She's a pretty dangerous gal!)

EDIT: I just noticed that both Johnny Depp characters as minifigures have a stopwatch 1x1 tile as an accessory!

Actually its a compass with his pirates figure.

Edit-the stagecoach is nothing short of epic imo.

Edited by prozac

Oops. You're right. I'm wrong. Well, both Depp figs appear in sets with plastic waterfall sheets!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Seeing as this is an adult forum I think it's okay to ask: How on earth is DISNEY, of all companies, going to pull off Red's business? It is certainly very mature and not-for-kids, so how will they confer what it is without making it explicit and overly offensive?

(If I should remove this segment of the post, please tell me! I will do so as soon as I get the word!)

Back to LEGO. I now find myself wishing that Red appeared in another set with two different expressions. While I'm sure the smirking and worried faces are appropriate for the character, I'd also liked to have seen a serious (or neutral)-and-angry head because those expressions seem equally fitting for her!

Edited by 8BrickMario