(How come you're missing original Jay? His spinner sells for about $12 last I checked, and it's a starter set!)

I think he meant Kimono Jay, because he said Kimono Cole and Jay and NRG Jay. I mean, it was pretty hard to miss the original Jay, he was in the most sets of the first wave. Does anyone else think Jay is the favourite? Probably because he is the funny guy, therefore kids may enjoy him a bit more. Sorry for rambling on a bit!

Edited by Wall E2624

IDK about Jay being the favorite, after all he was the one not to have a DX spinner...

Anyways, if you meant Jay Kimono (ZX II :laugh: ), I don't have him either...

So my son and I have managed to get all of the 2013 sets except the Golden Dragon.

I really like Cole's Earth Drill, and the Fire Mech is really well designed. Garmatron is pretty good, but the function sometimes doesn't trigger.

Edited by Lance

I've noticed the function only has problems when I've used it several times in a row. I think it means the circular brick which hits the beam to trigger the cannon has come loose.

Oh, and I have NRG Jay... :devil: ...Oh, and I have NRG Jay... :devil: ... Oh, and I have NRG Jay... :devil: ...

I may as well be dead. :tongue:

You've heard the story (never saw him, blah, blah, blah), but the fact that I have to fork over almost quadruple MSRP is unbelievable! Same with the original Kai spinner.

I think he meant Kimono Jay, because he said Kimono Cole and Jay and NRG Jay. I mean, it was pretty hard to miss the original Jay, he was in the most sets of the first wave. Does anyone else think Jay is the favourite? Probably because he is the funny guy, therefore kids may enjoy him a bit more. Sorry for rambling on a bit!

Yes, I meant Kimono (no commas between Cole and Jay). Thanks for clearing that up Wall E. Also, Jay is not the favorite. It was Kai, but now, it's Lloyd (the box art COMMANDS YOU, CHILDREN!).

Hard to miss original Jay? No kidding! I think he's my most plentiful Ninja at the moment...

Edited by Penkid11

I may as well be dead. :tongue:

You've heard the story (never saw him, blah, blah, blah), but the fact that I have to fork over almost quadruple MSRP is unbelievable! Same with the original Kai spinner...

I know right? I think it's because he's really so cool - I mean, awesome hat with those nice silver details and all those beautiful lightning strikes... really the best of the NRG... not to mention his awesome face... :laugh: :laugh:

I actually have original Kai's spinner too though... :tongue:

I know right? I think it's because he's really so cool - I mean, awesome hat with those nice silver details and all those beautiful lightning strikes... really the best of the NRG... not to mention his awesome face... :laugh: :laugh:

I actually have original Kai's spinner too though... :tongue:

:ugh:

If anyone would like to sell me some MSRP spinners, I'm all for it. Check my checklist in my signature for sets I'm missing. :grin:

Hey everyone. I recently got Cole's Earth Driller, and I accidentally applied one of the transparent stickers really poorly, and as a result there's a large, ugly smudge underneath the sticker on the cockpit. I tried peeling it off and applying the sticker again, but it only got worse after that, giving it a very foggy appearance. Does anyone know how I could "clean" the sticker, or something along those lines? All help is appreciated!

Sorry, can't help on that one.

As for the garmatron weapon: the trick is push only very lightly, it is enough to trigger it. Pushing to hard will make the beam come off.

Hey everyone. I recently got Cole's Earth Driller, and I accidentally applied one of the transparent stickers really poorly, and as a result there's a large, ugly smudge underneath the sticker on the cockpit. I tried peeling it off and applying the sticker again, but it only got worse after that, giving it a very foggy appearance. Does anyone know how I could "clean" the sticker, or something along those lines? All help is appreciated!

Lego has an entire replacement parts area on their website. I'm not sure if they ship stickers, but if they do, it will be free of charge.

Talking about missing Jays and customer service, there's a really sweet story on BZPower. Apparently a kid lost his Jay ZX minifigure he got from the USR he bought for Christmas, wrote a letter to LEGO and got an unique Jay minifigure back. Since the letter said that it "combines three Jays into one", it's probably just Jay's ZX hood with his DX suit torso plus his "normal" (first version) legs. Or his ZX hood with his "normal" torso plus DX legs.

Oh, and there's a dutch clubcode which gives extra info about the Golden Dragon.

Edited by DraikNova

What do you mean 'extra info'? Do you have the code? Also I have found every new set except the Golden Dragon, is it exclusive to anywhere?

Edited by Wall E2624

Nope just the cheapest way to get Golden Lloyd. They should sell like the Lloyd ZX spinner last year.

Edited by Penkid11

What do you mean 'extra info'? Do you have the code?

The code works on LEGO.nl/club with the code "Gouden", but when I tried to download it, it didn't work.

Strange, I went on Lego.nl and entered Gouden in and it worked fine. Although I can't understand a word of it. Need to get out the ol' Google translate. Ah, I love Google.

EDIT:Here is what it translates to:

Page 6 THE GOLDEN DRAGON! This mighty creature was created by Lloyd Garmadon, the Golden Ninja. His scales are gold - but because gold is a soft metal, the dragon has multiple layers of over each other. He can spit green energieschichten and flying with his mighty wings. The Golden Dragon Lloyd has been specially created to compete against the Supreme Dragon Ninjago very threatening.

Natural Weapons: Armour, teeth, claws, fire breath energy

Ally: the Golden Ninja

Note: Most dragons are wild animals must be tamed before it can drive a ninja. But the Golden Dragon is an artificial being, created by the Golden Ninja: he behaves different than a regular dragon. It is still uncertain whether Lloyd Garmadon the Golden Dragon can call if there is an emergency arises.

Due to its special nature, the Golden Dragon stronger than ordinary dragons, because he had no living creature is like Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Earth Dragon were. All of its energy may be used for the attack or defense. End of translation.

It is funny that it seems to reference the Overlord by calling him ' The Supreme Dragon'. Could be foreshadowing a new set.

Edited by Wall E2624

Can you please give the original? I might be able to smooth out some of Google Chrome's errors.

The Golden Dragon Lloyd has been specially created to compete against the Supreme Dragon Ninjago very threatening.

Apart from derpy wording (Supreme Dragon Ninjago very threatning), I think this might give us some info on the 'Final Battle'.

Does anyone know if the website is going to be updated?

Just acquired Temple of Light (and some CMF S9s). Will have my thoughts up at the end of the night.

Just acquired Temple of Light (and some CMF S9s). Will have my thoughts up at the end of the night.

Review?

Review?

Somewhat, just a little one.

Please read below!

The Temple of Light is the Winter flagship set. Could you tell that by looking at it? Yes! Can you tell that by looking at the sealed bags? No. In fact I think Garmatron had more (numbered) bags than that. When you open the obviously, already small box, you find a cardboard backed baggie, with instruction booklets (one medium square, the other large rectangular), and stickers. The rest of the contents are four bags. Each one has their own number. Doesn't sound like much at all. Well when it comes to the build, the first booklet and the first two numbered bags are the minifigs and the Gold Mech. The entire temple portion is in just two bags! I was glad I got it with some discounted coupon, because it looked just sad once the bags were in front of me... The set is wonderful, though.

Ignoring the packaging (which I will learn to do from now on with these smaller boxes and two-piece-per-page booklets) the Golden Mech alone is worth it. The Golden Mech is as tall if not taller than the Samurai Mech. Not to mention bulkier legs (the arms are a different story, but that is okay as the are suppose to be weak in the TV show) The sword can be attached to the mech's back (as a "sheath") and can be placed on either side of the back. This thing not only has a beautifully printed top (take note, Build-a-Bob) but also plenty of pearl gold pieces. It has fully articulated arms, and like the Samurai Mech, no knees. However, it can't turn at the waist. The "hat" can also be angled down enough for it to shield Lloyd.

The Temple of Light is not the Temple of Light. It is, contrary to popular belief, very much show accurate. This set should be called the Gate of Light, as all it is is the entrance. If you were to pause in the show at the moment you see the Temple Entrance, you will clearly see the official set (closed). It doesn't have the rocky cliff behind it, which makes it very misleading, not to mention some very miniscule inconsistencies. The set is just enough to make it worth the price. This will become the next Fire Temple as it includes some excellent architectural pieces (and may even last that long).

I suggest this set, as this will be the cooler of the Golden Lloyd sets (and more expensive so it won't be as hard to track down as the Golden Dragon). If you are a mech fan, this one is hard to miss. It's excellent. If you are going to buy this for collecting it, like myself, then yes, but wait to get it last, the cheaper sets get bought first. If you are buying because you have the money, and just want a set, I'd fork over ten more bucks for Cragger's Command Ship (if you want to stick with the action themes) instead.

Overall, 7/10 The Golden Mech is the reason to buy. The playset is nice, but it isn't the Temple and misleading, so lost some points.

Edited by Penkid11

Nice to hear the mechs legs are pretty bulky. I thought they were just covered-up technic beams.

There is only one beam per leg. There is mostly greebles inside, and then they have a couple ball-joint bricks and 2x3 plates as well.

Thanks for the baby review Penkid. Might take your advice and get it last. I will start with the Garmatron though. Want that too much!