just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

So to anyone with a better eyesight than me, can we tell what figures will appear in each set?

Eglor's Twin Bike - £12.99 set? Has Eglor and looks like a gorilla as well.

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker - £39.99? Has Gorzan, two other gorillas and looks like a raven (Rawzom?, or a new one.)

Worriz' Combat Lair - £39.99? Has Worriz, another wolf, an eagle, a gorilla and two figures with a white background instead of blue and red. who could these be?

Lion Chi temple - can't make much out but looks like two huge minifigs (first two), a lion, an eagle, two crocs and a raven.

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker looks like a giant gorilla mech.

If that's the case, I totally called that one.

Out of these, The Gorilla Striker and the Lion Temple interest me the most. Not sure about the other two until we get clearer pictures.

Kalhiki

I like the look of the gorilla. Not sure what all the white squiggle decoration is about but hopefully they won't all have it.

Probably tribal decorations of some sort. It most likely indicates rank to the other members of the tribes.

Also, we didn't get the name of this gorilla, so would it be safe to assume it is Gorzan?

Edited by Meiko

No idea.

I'm too preoccupied with the image of Crominus having a tail in that promo video for the hour long preview episode. If you go to the 15 second mark and pause the vid, you can see a honking great tail on Crominus. I'm confused now as none of the other crocs have one and the Crominus minifigure doesn't have one. Lego could easily have given the Crominus minifigure the tail piece from the CMF lizard suit guy if he's supposed to have a tail. I just don't understand. Brain hurts - continuity squiffy - Need it 'splainin' to me....... *huh*

Quick Note: I usually don't post here, but to U.S residents:

Order more than 75 $ dollars worth of Lego and recieve 30250 Ewar's acro fighter free.

Sorry if this is old news.

So far, I've built The Raven Glider and the smallest Lion set and they are both terrific. The latter has the Technic-y bits reminicest of Ninjago whilst the smallest set of the line is just very clever, with some useful parts. I usually give minifigs away to my nephew, but I may keep these few for a while.

In the Lion chi temple set, the croc vehicle on left is that one we saw in the first video we saw (the one with Crominus and the croc queen.) And I think the Croc queen is the second baddie on the box. The first two are lions with capes (not huge minifigs). I can sort of make out the text, the minifigs are: Lion king (don't know the name), Laval, Longtooth, a new eagle (because the torso is completely gold and I don't know the name), Cragger, Croc queen (don't know the name) and I think that is a new raven ( can't make that one out.

In the Worriz' Combat Lair the first minifig is Eris (you can see a dot on the headpiece), a gorilla, Now the two figs with the white backgrounds I don't know, then Worriz and a new wolf (because he has a red torso and a dark head, no other wolves are like this.)

Eglor's Twin bike has Eglor and a Gorilla.

Gorzan's Gorilla Striker has a raven that I can't make out (might be new), there's Gorzan somewhere and two other gorillas.

In the Worriz' Combat Lair the first minifig is Eris (you can see a dot on the headpiece), a gorilla, Now the two figs with the white backgrounds I don't know, then Worriz and a new wolf (because he has a red torso and a dark head, no other wolves are like this.)

Seemed to me that the other Wolf was Wilhurt, the black one from Equila's Ultra Strider, and I did'nt see any red.

Could be wrong, though.

Seemed to me that the other Wolf was Wilhurt, the black one from Equila's Ultra Strider, and I did'nt see any red.

Could be wrong, though.

I keep looking at it and to be honest I don't know. Although the background is a really deep red and really pixelated on this pic, so it could just be tricking me. But honestly I don't know.

I never got around to posting this, but if you go read WhiteFang's (or someone else's, can't remember) review of the Chi Waterfall (Leonidas), one of the cards appears to have the Gorilla emblem on it.

-Sci

Those are not white backgrounds on for the minifigs in Worriz's Combat Lair. That is Worriz and the Wold Leader's capes obstructing the red.

Also Rawzom is not included in the Gorrila Mech. No gold is visible on the included raven.

The large creatures on the minifigure list for the CHI Temple are Lion King and Laval. Their capes make them look wider.

It would also be wise to note that the Gorillas are white (preliminary molds common with Summer molds being revealed this time of year. Expect it to be the same at Toy Fair).

Those are not white backgrounds on for the minifigs in Worriz's Combat Lair. That is Worriz and the Wold Leader's capes obstructing the red.

Also Rawzom is not included in the Gorrila Mech. No gold is visible on the included raven.

The large creatures on the minifigure list for the CHI Temple are Lion King and Laval. Their capes make them look wider.

It would also be wise to note that the Gorillas are white (preliminary molds common with Summer molds being revealed this time of year. Expect it to be the same at Toy Fair).

OMG yes it is his cape :wall: and yes with the Lion's capes I did realise that (eventually). Is it Rawzom? Seriously I cannot tell and it looks like in Worriz' Combat lair the minifigs go like: Eris, gorilla, WORRIZ, Wakz, wilhurt (You can see him on the top right of the vehicle) and I think the other is a new wolf.

With the cape thing, well spotted Penkid11.

EDIT: That isn't Worriz on the box art, Worriz' head is light grey.

ANOTHER EDIT: The box art ages, and the ages listed underneath in the catalogue are different. Lion chi temple: box ages are 8-12, catalogue ages are 8-14. Worriz' Combat Lair is the same as lion chi temple. Eglor's Twin Bike: box ages are 7-12, catalogue ages are 7-14. But the big difference is Gorzan's Gorilla Striker box ages are 7-12, catalogue ages are 8-14.

ANOTHER ANOTHER EDIT: That is Rizzo in Gorzan's Gorilla Striker, you can see a silver left leg.

Edited by Jackattack7

Here nice HR official pictures of 30250 Ewar's Acro Fighter

this is the polybag that will be given away with a $75 purchase in january

all pics link to HR version 2400.pxl

30250_alt1_800.jpg

30250_alt2_800.jpg

30250_800.jpg

30250_alt3_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Wow, we´re seeing preliminary pictures of sets as the same time we´re first hearing about promotionals. We´re really lucky this year, seeing the summer sets this early.

Looking at the box dimensions, Eglor's Twin Bike is between the size of Crawley's Claw Ripper and Lennox' Lion Attack so I guess it will be around £14.99. Gorzan's Gorilla Striker has the second thickest box (behind Lion Chi Temple) and is the same length wise as Cragger's Command Ship, but it isn't very tall (less than Eris' Eagle Interceptor) so I guess it will be around £49.99. Worriz' Combat Lair is the longest and is taller than Laval's Royal Fighter, and it is the second thickest (behind Lion Chi Temple) so I guess around £59.99. Finally the Lion Chi Temple is 0.1cm taller than Cragger's Command Ship and everything else is so much bigger, so I guess around £79.99. I dread the size of The Croc Swamp Hideout. :sick:

You can't judge prices by box size anymore. Lego has compacted their box sizes. The CHI Temple is obviously the $120 flagship. The Croc Hideout is the Summer TRU Exclusive. Think around Ninjago Lightning Dragon Size.

I can confirm that my local store has all sets ready in the back. They WILL NOT bring them out until the first. They will be the last of ALL 2013 sets to be put on shelves of this initial release period.

Those sets look Rawzome! :D

My two favorites are the Gorilla Mech and the Lion Temple.

My favourite by miles is Worriz' Combat Lair, then the temple, gorilla set and lastly the bike.

Temple, Worriz, Bike, then Mech for me. Sure the mech is supposed to have arms that can touch the floor, but they didn't have to give it scrawny legs to do that.

Temple, Worriz, Bike, then Mech for me. Sure the mech is supposed to have arms that can touch the floor, but they didn't have to give it scrawny legs to do that.

To be honest the mech is great for the minifigs, I think the set itself looks crap.

To be honest the mech is great for the minifigs, I think the set itself looks crap.

:laugh:

I'm not wowed by these new sets. I don't think anyone could be based on teeny tiny images. The Lion temple looks pretty much how I expected it to look.Just more yellow. Too yellow.

Worriz' lair is interesting. Some have wondered how it can be a lair but one of the definitions of lair is 'base of operations'. So in that sense the set is pretty aptly named.

I'm generally not a fan of ambulatory mechanical suits of weaponised armour. Too slow and cumbersome to be practical in battle. Masses of weak points an enemy could exploit. The Gorilla mech is just ugly looking. I don't think it really fits with the other vehicles to be honest. Something with wheels or tracks would have been more fitting.

Can't make much of anything out on the twin bike image. The speedorz are my least favourite part of this theme. I just don't like the fact the back has no wheel and drags on the ground. Even if they actually work they look wrong. making one longer of wider isn't going to improve it or make me like it more.

I look forward to images of the new minifigures and the croc hideout.

. The Speedor thing is pretty cool, but the times it works is hit or miss.

If y'all have any picture requests for the set, hit me up! :classic:

Edited by just2good