Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Ebay seller gets busted for switching price labels

Truth be told, I'm too cowardly tobe a crook :> I be too concerned about being caught, or such plus what fun is having money and stuff if your in jail.

Good thing you're being law-abiding for all the right reasons. :hmpf:

heh any better then really anyone elses?

It may be naive and wishful thinking, but I choose to believe that most people don't steal because it's *wrong* to do so - and not just because they're afraid of getting caught.

That shouldn't be feasible to do at all. If it is, your "self service check out" station is extremely poorly constructed. In Denmark, such stations measure weight of the goods when you scan them - meaning that to cheat like this, you'd have to find a label that weighs exactly the same as the LEGO you want to steal. Not saying it's impossible, but you'd have to put a lot of work into it.

Where I shop they have an assistant who looks after 8 self service checkouts. If something goes wrong like weight or something they are too busy to check, they just wave the card/key thingy or punch in a code and you carry on, they don't bother checking your bags or they would have people queuing all around the store. But I see that if you were there on a quiet day/time it could be a problem.

Not that we should be encouraging this sort of behavior at all!!

Okay, people. Let's not have this topic become "how can I steal things without being caught". Someone stole LEGO. Let's all say what a terrible person they must be and move on rather than analyzing what they could have done better.

It may be naive and wishful thinking, but I choose to believe that most people don't steal because it's *wrong* to do so - and not just because they're afraid of getting caught.

In a perfect world, but considering how many people in just america alone that are at the top, and considered great people...got there by the philosphy, "If you can't get caught, or pay of those that would caught you, do it."

That shouldn't be feasible to do at all. If it is, your "self service check out" station is extremely poorly constructed. In Denmark, such stations measure weight of the goods when you scan them - meaning that to cheat like this, you'd have to find a label that weighs exactly the same as the LEGO you want to steal. Not saying it's impossible, but you'd have to put a lot of work into it.

In stores like Walmart you can select to decline to bag your item. This is for larger bulky items that don't fit in standard grocery bags. It essentially overrides the weight sensors. Of course if you do it too many times during a single checkout you need a store clerk to override it for you.

Where I shop they have an assistant who looks after 8 self service checkouts. If something goes wrong like weight or something they are too busy to check, they just wave the card/key thingy or punch in a code and you carry on, they don't bother checking your bags or they would have people queuing all around the store. But I see that if you were there on a quiet day/time it could be a problem.

That's what bothers me about those self checkouts... Some of the employees manning the screen don't seem to give a damn. People can and a lot probably do get away with a lot... :sadnew:

My thoughts exactly! This is not a message board where we discuss the best ways to steal LEGO. Stealing is wrong, plain and simple. This thread is closed.

Watch it!