CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Exactly! It helps Spidey save web fluid for when he really needs it. Web fluid is expensive!

Yep :laugh:

If we do get the Spideybike It would be most awesome if it could clip onto the current Spidey web-rope or a flex rod.

Edited by Crissmonster

whats the chance that the Spider-Cycle will be red and blue, as apposed to black/gray like it is in the cartoon?

Yes, I can definitely see them making the bike dark blue instead of gray in order to make it look more fun and spider-manish. Sort of like a reverse color scheme of Cap's Avenging Cycle.

If we do get the Spideybike It would be most awesome if it could clip onto the current Spidey web-rope or a flex rod.

Even if it doesn't, that would be an easy mod.

But... it sucks! :(

I still don't see the point of it! He can go pretty freakin' fast just slinging. Fast enough to catch up to cars. Plus he can cut through buildings and doesn't have to stick to the streets. He doesn't have to contend with New York traffic, with that cycle he does... It's not like there are a lot of open roads to take advantage of a motorcycle's speed around those parts.

:hmpf: As others have said, it does have its uses, and it isn't used often, so calm down and please watch the show (it really isn't that bad, and you can't know that it sucks if you haven't seen it) or at least do some research before spamming up the topic with off-topic rants. But if you must know:

I'd rather die than watch another episode of Ultimate Spider-Man. Cancerously bad.

No more comments like this in this thread. This is for discussing possible Lego sets only.

Ok... I really do hate Ultimate Spider-Man for many many many reasons, but here is not the place to share that. :hmpf_bad: Though, I am in agreement with BrickG that the Spider-Cycle is a stupid thing, and that being said it was invented for a specific reason. TO SELL TOYS! Toys like the LEGO set it's in. Kids would much rather see Spidey cahsing Venom in a motorcycle than just swinging (even though the bike would not be neccessary as he can easily keep up with Venom)

I am in agreement with BrickG that the Spider-Cycle is a stupid thing, and that being said it was invented for a specific reason. TO SELL TOYS! Toys like the LEGO set it's in. Kids would much rather see Spidey cahsing Venom in a motorcycle than just swinging

Exactly. And considering that this gives TLG an excuse to give us Venom and Nick Fury in a cheap set, I think we as Lego fans should be thankful for the creation of the Spider-Cycle.

I'd rather die than watch another episode of Ultimate Spider-Man. Cancerously bad.

Me too. I watched several episodes. It's so bad I got caner and died. Well, almost.

Seriously, it's terrible. Spectacular Spiderman had something adults who don't enjoy kids shows can enjoy. It's that magic something that some shows like SpongeBob, Avatar (both series), Teen Titans, etc have. Those are great shows. This show... dear god...

And a bike doesn't freakin' need web shooters.

I'll buy the Lego sets because not all Spiderman is bad. I'll just pretend it's not based off that horrible cartoon if the minifigures are good enough.

Sets not Cartoons chaps. Go try culture and multimedia for meaningless cartoon bashing.

Because we all know how great it is to joke about cancer. :hmpf:

(I will abide by these rules, but I would just like to state that it is absolutely ridiculous. Conversation is a natural, dynamic and organic thing, and we are discussing LEGO sets based off of a T.V. show,....is it not obviously going to meander into discussion of it on occasion? This place is far too strict on occasion)

Anyway, I will most certainly be purchasing the sets, particularly this cycle one. The mini figures just look like comic versions (well, Fury with some mild tweaking), and it will be a great set for duplicates, as Fury's torso will come in useful, (multiple Spideys are good....for clone related shenanigans) and Venom will of course be good for a black suit spidey. He'll just have to be maskless for now, unless there is already a suitable head? Or maybe they might make one/one might come out soon.

I hope it is an actual built bike and not just the standard LEGO motorcycle (like in the Wolverine set). If that were the case, there would have to be a lot more to the set.

I hope it is an actual built bike and not just the standard LEGO motorcycle (like in the Wolverine set). If that were the case, there would have to be a lot more to the set.

Or like the Captain America/Catwoman bike. I hope it's brick built though.

I think Hulk_Smash was right, that Nick Fury has a vehicle. Just because he didn't see Spidey with his cycle, doesn't mean it isn't in the set!

Anyway, I will most certainly be purchasing the sets, particularly this cycle one. The mini figures just look like comic versions (well, Fury with some mild tweaking), and it will be a great set for duplicates, as Fury's torso will come in useful, (multiple Spideys are good....for clone related shenanigans) and Venom will of course be good for a black suit spidey. He'll just have to be maskless for now, unless there is already a suitable head? Or maybe they might make one/one might come out soon.

There's already a Black Suit Spider-man figure available, that's the good news. The bad news is there's only 1000 in the world which were given out on the Saturday of SDCC. The other bad news is that LEGO have already said apart from those 1000 made they have no intention of releasing him in a set. They are also quite expensive My one cost about £60.

I can't wait to get my hands on Fury I might turn him into the Avengers version just give him black legs, the old leather zip jacket from 2001 studios stuntman and the series 5 students cloak.

I like the New approach to the Spider-man sets the old 2004 ones were good but a lot of them were location sets. It's better having it based on the Cartoons, more Villians, more heroes, more vehicles and locations!

There's already a Black Suit Spider-man figure available, that's the good news. The bad news is there's only 1000 in the world which were given out on the Saturday of SDCC. The other bad news is that LEGO have already said apart from those 1000 made they have no intention of releasing him in a set. They are also quite expensive My one cost about £60.

I can't wait to get my hands on Fury I might turn him into the Avengers version just give him black legs, the old leather zip jacket from 2001 studios stuntman and the series 5 students cloak.

I like the New approach to the Spider-man sets the old 2004 ones were good but a lot of them were location sets. It's better having it based on the Cartoons, more Villians, more heroes, more vehicles and locations!

Yeah that Black Suit Spider-Man won't be in a set. Doesn't stop them from releasing a different version.

-Omi

Yeah that Black Suit Spider-Man won't be in a set. Doesn't stop them from releasing a different version.

-Omi

I doubt it though. Especially if Spider-man sets in the foreseeable future are Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. Parker gets the black suit in EP 3 and only has the Black suit for about 7 mins. After that it bonds to Harry Osbourne and becomes Venom. :sad:

I doubt it though. Especially if Spider-man sets in the foreseeable future are Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. Parker gets the black suit in EP 3 and only has the Black suit for about 7 mins. After that it bonds to Harry Osbourne and becomes Venom. :sad:

yeh but in the second ep that it appears in Harry is swinging about as black spidey before becoming Venom

yeh but in the second ep that it appears in Harry is swinging about as black spidey before becoming Venom

True I forgot about that. I still think its unlikely that we will ever see a comic or cartoon version. The best hope is if Lego can get the licence for Amazing Spider-man 2, then hopefully in that series they will have the Black suit somewhere down the line.

They can alter the design. It was never specified whether the ComicCon version was from the show or not. Could have been straight from the comics.

-Omi

They can alter the design. It was never specified whether the ComicCon version was from the show or not. Could have been straight from the comics.

-Omi

Venom appears to have the exact torso as black Spidey.

They could just use the Comic-Con suit and put silvery lines on it. I think whatever set that's in will sell super well.

The best hope is if Lego can get the licence for Amazing Spider-man 2, then hopefully in that series they will have the Black suit somewhere down the line.

No, I think that would be the worst case scenario as I'm sure the black suit in that series would look just as terrible as the regular suit. :hmpf_bad:

Plus besides Gwen Stacy the new movies really had no point to being made (Gwen is 100x more interesting that boring stupid Mary Jane). It wasn't a lot better. A lot of people thought it was worse.

It just seemed pointless. The first two of Toby's were good. A quick reboot that wasn't substantially better like the Batman movies did... bleh... Toby had a better Peter Parker. The new guy had a better Spiderman I guess (worse costume).

I guess it would be good business for Lego but I don't think Megablocks is going to let their license leave them. I think Lego got the better end of the stick with the two best Super Hero movies this year (by FAR), Avengers and next year Batman Rises.

Plus besides Gwen Stacy the new movies really had no point to being made (Gwen is 100x more interesting that boring stupid Mary Jane). It wasn't a lot better. A lot of people thought it was worse.

It just seemed pointless. The first two of Toby's were good. A quick reboot that wasn't substantially better like the Batman movies did... bleh... Toby had a better Peter Parker. The new guy had a better Spiderman I guess (worse costume).

I guess it would be good business for Lego but I don't think Megablocks is going to let their license leave them. I think Lego got the better end of the stick with the two best Super Hero movies this year (by FAR), Avengers and next year Batman Rises.

It might be a good business idea for LEGO but not for us. At the moment Ultimate Spider-man is giving us Dr Doom, Beetle, Venom, Fury, Nova, Iron Fist and Doctor Octopus. Regardless of what Doctor Octopus looks like the rest are extremely close to there comic counter parts. If LEGO dropped the Ultimate Spider-man licence we would drop all of the above characters and be left with Spider-man and Lizard. IMO that's what one of the problems with the original SM licence was. They were limited to Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin. Sure they are the two biggest bad guys but it gets repetitive. After looking at the MEGABLOKS sets its the same old Spidey against Lizard with a different play set. It's much better this way, despite whether Ultimate Spider-man is good or bad. We get more Characters and even characters that aren't Spidey's rouges.

It's different with the Avengers sets and all marvel cinematic sets. There's more good and bad characters. Loki becomes Spider-man, they put him in nearly every Avengers set and changed the heroes line up. I'm guessing it will be the same with Ironman 3 change the heroes (Warmachine and Ironman). There's not many ways to improve this licence as LEGO have really nailed it First time , everyone will say add this or that character but those are just really requests.

Well for Spidey's rouges gallery in Ultimate Spider-Man we still need Sandman and Green Goblin(spoiler alert, he will appear in the season finale)

And in season two, we will see Electro, Rhino, and Dr. Conners will become the Lizard. So I want figures for them all!

Well for Spidey's rouges gallery in Ultimate Spider-Man we still need Sandman and Green Goblin(spoiler alert, he will appear in the season finale)

And in season two, we will see Electro, Rhino, and Dr. Conners will become the Lizard. So I want figures for them all!

A Rhino minifig would be so awesome! I think they could make one like they did with the Gorilla-Suit Man and the Lizard-Suit Man in the minifigures collection.