CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Hard to tell from such a crappy video, but I thought that Man of Steel spaceship looked pretty interesting.

I'm also far more interested in the Malibu Mansion set now that it seems to come with a whole bunch of spare Iron Man "armors" (unless I misunderstood, I didn't really read what was said on that other forum).

Definitely think the entire SuperHeroes theme has taken a huge nose dive after last year's sets, but at least not all is as bad as seemed at first.

The suits are not included, there are slots for them if you have both of them.

Edited by Darth Lurtz

Quick Question, will there be another Superhero Exclusive Minifigure offered in May similar to the Hulk last year?

Not known at the time, but i hope for an Iron Patriot War Machine.

And the guy over at TFW has more pictures. But he confirmed that Aldrich and the Soldier DO NOT have glow in the dark heads, its just pale green for the effect of the Extremis virus.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/173890-lego-thread-337.html

From those pictures it looks like the "stock" head on the MK 42 is just a plain white head.

Is there a difference between the Iron man in the mansion set, and the one in the boat set?

Edited by Zilcho

the more pictures i see the better i like the sets

But...WHY?!?!? What are you excited about? I'm just not getting it and no one will explain!!!

Seriously folks, please help. I'll be spending my money on these, both as a collector and for the minifigs...but at this point, I won't be feeling very good about it. Please help me not feel like I am throwing money at TLG for the wrong reasons. I am as happy as the next guy to be getting new super hero stuff...I just wanted it to be good!!

I'll admit, the mansion wall is kind of neato, and I'll probably add-on to it myself, as will many of you. But what else is there to like, build-wise, from these sets?

No I don't there is a differenc

e but I will get both of them maybs one mos set. Not sure about them sets, i will wait till more pics surface as the sets look a bit pale to me. I.think the $20 set is good for minufigurs

The masion and boat set is the two.iron man3 sets I will try to get

Is there a difference between the Iron man in the mansion set, and the one in the boat set?

Sort of. The one in the boat set has the same face as in the Avengers sets and the one in the manor doesn't have a face. It is plain white. However, it is intended so that either Tony Stark (who has a face with different expressions from Iron Man) or Pepper Pott's head can be put under the helmet.

But...WHY?!?!? What are you excited about? I'm just not getting it and no one will explain!!!

Seriously folks, please help. I'll be spending my money on these, both as a collector and for the minifigs...but at this point, I won't be feeling very good about it. Please help me not feel like I am throwing money at TLG for the wrong reasons. I am as happy as the next guy to be getting new super hero stuff...I just wanted it to be good!!

I'll admit, the mansion wall is kind of neato, and I'll probably add-on to it myself, as will many of you. But what else is there to like, build-wise, from these sets?

Fine you what reasons, here you go.

76002 Superman: Metropolis Showdown: you get the main hero and villian. Cheap. good coloful car with a good build and satelitte. i mean it not suppsosed to be great, thy're just things that Zod and Supes can kill each other with.

76003: From what i can tell, the ship has a good unqiue build. the jeep is pretty plain though. once again great minifig, except for Faora.

76006: Don't have much boat build, and the pics make it look like a really interesting build.

76007: The helicopter has an interesting build. The mansion is the star though. Even though it 's the top floor living room and Stark's workshop thrown into a blender. It's highly detailed, but i would have preferded a chair for the computer desk.

76008: I admit the buggy was wierd when i first saw it. But it's grown on me. the buggy has neat but simple design. The minifigs are the real draw here, both exclusive variants of the main guys.

Sort of. The one in the boat set has the same face as in the Avengers sets and the one in the manor doesn't have a face. It is plain white. However, it is intended so that either Tony Stark (who has a face with different expressions from Iron Man) or Pepper Pott's head can be put under the helmet.

Actually the head under the Extremis set id the new Tony head.

Thank you, Daniel...I may not agree with many of your reasons, but at least you gave some reasons.

I still can't help but feel that we are all just psyched to get super hero sets so we will like anything (even though I admit to not liking them, I'm still buying, lol). The mansion wall is cool, no doubt, but none of those vehicles have anything to do with Marvel, which I stand by as what should be the most important aspect of a set--that the builds reflect the license and/or universe it is set in.

I dunno, I just TLG could've tried a little harder with these...and I'd like them to know it. ;) I think some folks agree with me...

Thank you, Daniel...I may not agree with many of your reasons, but at least you gave some reasons.

I still can't help but feel that we are all just psyched to get super hero sets so we will like anything (even though I admit to not liking them, I'm still buying, lol). The mansion wall is cool, no doubt, but none of those vehicles have anything to do with Marvel, which I stand by as what should be the most important aspect of a set--that the builds reflect the license and/or universe it is set in.

I dunno, I just TLG could've tried a little harder with these...and I'd like them to know it. ;) I think some folks agree with me...

Can really try hard with things based on upcoming movies.

All three vehicles have the same colorscheme because they are all belong to the Ten Rings, the boat and helicopter have the Ten Rings logo.

I've been getting excited for minifgs based on SH but i like the sets regardless.

They show more detail than the early pics. The boat and buggy look much better from the other angles now shown.

They show more detail than the early pics. The boat and buggy look much better from the other angles now shown.

I've been hearing this and I hope you are right. I've always thought the boat looked alright. It's just that it's...a boat...not a seaport, lol. That buggy, however, I can't imagine being cool, no matter what angle. Still, I hope to be standing corrected, soon.

The mansion is good because the figures are good and you can recognise what it is instantly despite a small build.

The others are eh, the boat is okay if you like boats. It's mainly the minifigs I'm in for.

The vehicles have everything to do with the movie(s), which is what the sets are based on. Sure, they may not be the best looking boat, helicopter(both of which I like, the boat is something different than we've seen in City). They have studio models to base them and price points to worry about, it's not like they just build to their hearts content and price them afterwards.

I'm not overly impressed with the finished models, but photos typically don't do sets justice. You can't always tell building techniques, or the build in general. You really should wait to make a final judgement when you have them built sitting in front of you.

I agree with the above statement. I've been wowed by a lot of sets by building it when I originally wasn't interested in the set at all. And then there are other times when they look great, but the build was lackluster.

With these sets, I think the overall sets aren't very good, but the figures are the selling point and that is the reason I'll buy them. I can either spend x dollars to get just the figures or I can spend x dollars to get the figures plus a pile of bricks. Every auction/bricklink listing I see, if you add up the figures you end up spending about the same as just getting the full set. So I'll take the bricks to MOC with at a later date. But the hero figures are beautiful. The villains leave some to be desired, but I'll wait and see what I think when I have them in front of me. And I think seeing the movie will make me appreciate it more. I didn't get the Avengers sets until after I saw the movie (some 6 months later), so I think when they are based around a movie, you should probably see the source material it is based on before passing judgment. Same goes for the Hobbit sets. I had all of the sets before I ever saw the movie, but they made a lot more sense after watching it.

Not known at the time, but i hope for an Iron Patriot War Machine.

My initial shock that there is no Iron Patriot in the sets has passed, so I'm praying for that as well. I'll have lost what little faith I have left in this line if they don't have Iron Patriot as the May 4th Super Heroes promotional minifig. It's almost not that I want it (which I do), I'm just appalled that TLG would pass on the chance to give us that minifig. I'm certain it would be a huge draw for kids and collectors alike!

My initial shock that there is no Iron Patriot in the sets has passed, so I'm praying for that as well. I'll have lost what little faith I have left in this line if they don't have Iron Patriot as the May 4th Super Heroes promotional minifig. It's almost not that I want it (which I do), I'm just appalled that TLG would pass on the chance to give us that minifig. I'm certain it would be a huge draw for kids and collectors alike!

I was shocked too, and i hope it's because the Lego sets aren't based on any of the scene in which the Iron Patriot suit is featured. So i hope for that.

I hope he uses the new white colored lightsaber hilt, but maybe not.

When did we hear about the Hulk polybag? Wasn't it in April.?

I don't think there will be a promo figure this year, but rather a giveaway of the Iron Man polybag for stuff over $50, just in time for Iron Man 3. :sad:

I don't think there will be a promo figure this year, but rather a giveaway of the Iron Man polybag for stuff over $50, just in time for Iron Man 3. :sad:

I think there will be a promo figure. I think that polybag seems like a store exclusive, lik eTRU.

If they make Iron Patriot a comic Con exclusive, i will be very mad and hunt it down with avengence.

The one in the boat set has a new head which is used on the new tony stark figure with a grin and a sad/ scared expression on the

other side.The avengers head is used on the exclusive one in the small set.

LEGO normally isn´t giving out polybags for retailers based on licensed themes. Just because they made a bag with an Iron Man that doesn´t mean anything. The bags for Hawkeye and Thor weren´t given away on S@H too.

I am more afraid of them making a DC S@H fig this summer because seemingly they have to have equal amounts of DC and Marvel products available. 2012 they had a preorder Luthor and S@H Hulk. This year it could be that they have to have a Marvel preorder fig for the Marvel game and a DC S@H fig for the promotion.

LEGO normally isn´t giving out polybags for retailers based on licensed themes. Just because they made a bag with an Iron Man that doesn´t mean anything. The bags for Hawkeye and Thor weren´t given away on S@H too.I am more afraid of them making a DC S@H fig this summer because seemingly they have to have equal amounts of DC and Marvel products available. 2012 they had a preorder Luthor and S@H Hulk. This year it could be that they have to have a Marvel preorder fig for the Marvel game and a DC S@H fig for the promotion.

But then again, if the DC polybag is Jor-El from Man of Steel based on Russel Crowe I could live without the Patriot for a bit longer.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

LEGO normally isn´t giving out polybags for retailers based on licensed themes. Just because they made a bag with an Iron Man that doesn´t mean anything. The bags for Hawkeye and Thor weren´t given away on S@H too.I am more afraid of them making a DC S@H fig this summer because seemingly they have to have equal amounts of DC and Marvel products available. 2012 they had a preorder Luthor and S@H Hulk. This year it could be that they have to have a Marvel preorder fig for the Marvel game and a DC S@H fig for the promotion.

But then again, if the DC polybag is Jor-El from Man of Steel based on Russel Crowe I could live without the Patriot for a bit longer.

Oh Jor-El, i might want him, but i hope for an Iron Patriot one. For the preorder fig i would like the Mark V suit(since we have the suitcase form) or Stan Lee.

I'd like all those, Daniel!

I have to agree with you about the Iron Patriot, too. I'm an older comic fan, so I didn't know much about the character. After a little reading up and seeing the many images of him floating around the IM3 trailers, it's hard to believe we won't be getting one.