Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Just a small question, everywhere i read that there will be 2 more sets coming out this winter. It says this will be Exclusive sets. I this true or not?

Just a small question, everywhere i read that there will be 2 more sets coming out this winter. It says this will be Exclusive sets. I this true or not?

I think it's just the assumption that here are usually 2 exclusive sets, and they don't appear in the regular merchants catalog. We tend to find out about them pretty last minute. Palpatines Arrest would be a good example. Or the Batman Joker funhouse.

I think it's just the assumption that here are usually 2 exclusive sets, and they don't appear in the regular merchants catalog. We tend to find out about them pretty last minute. Palpatines Arrest would be a good example. Or the Batman Joker funhouse.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Edited by Cyberbricker

Aren't those exclusives the Umbaran MHC and the BARC Speeder? Or are those regular sets? :wacko:

Aren't those exclusives the Umbaran MHC and the BARC Speeder? Or are those regular sets? :wacko:

Yep ! Those are the SE/LE sets.

Different Rebel Pilot printing doesn't bother me. Rebel pilots aren't like Clones, who dress identically. They all wear their uniforms differently and with modifications anyway. It's actually NICE to have variation in prints with these figures.

That's true, in an MOC slightly different pilots are nice. But in an MOC of a battlefield I like to see the same minifigs.

For example the battle pack 7668 was superb for army building. Variations of Rebels are nice.

So what sets of the 2013 range are LE/SE sets. I mean last year and this year there wasn't any Limited Edition sets. But that now means with these sets being released next year and some more later, I have to decide of what to buy in 2013 and older sets which i haven't got yet.

Great looking sets

I'm sure this has been asked already but does anyone know what the rancor pit will cost in GBP? (the others too if anyone knows)

So what sets of the 2013 range are LE/SE sets. I mean last year and this year there wasn't any Limited Edition sets. But that now means with these sets being released next year and some more later, I have to decide of what to buy in 2013 and older sets which i haven't got yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the following considered LE/SE sets since they were only available in specific retailers. In the USA at least.

7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter - Walmart Exclusive

7869 Battle for Geonosis - TRU Exclusive

7877 Naboo Starfighter - Target Exclusive

7879 Hoth Echo Base - TRU Exclusive

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor - Target Exclusive

9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter - TRU Exclusive

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the following considered LE/SE sets since they were only available in specific retailers. In the USA at least.

7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter - Walmart Exclusive

7869 Battle for Geonosis - TRU Exclusive

7877 Naboo Starfighter - Target Exclusive

7879 Hoth Echo Base - TRU Exclusive

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor - Target Exclusive

9495 Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter - TRU Exclusive

And don't forget 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter and 9526 Palpatine's Arrest were also SE/LE sets from this year.

German prices:

All Planet Sets: 12,99 EUR!!!

Umbaran mobile Heavy Cannon: 59,99 EUR!!

AT-RT: 26,99 EUR

A-Wing: 29,99 EUR

both Battle Packs: 16,99 EUR

Z-95 Headhunter: 49,99 EUR

BARC-Speeder: 29,99 EUR

Rancor Pit: unknown

Those prices are quiet nice (maybe the bp's a bitt more then expected), hopefully the same in Belgium :tongue:

Thanx for posting :thumbup:

And don't forget 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter and 9526 Palpatine's Arrest were also SE/LE sets from this year.

Wasn't sure what the other SE/LE sets were as I relocated to a place without the distinction.

German prices:

All Planet Sets: 12,99 EUR!!!

Umbaran mobile Heavy Cannon: 59,99 EUR!!

AT-RT: 26,99 EUR

A-Wing: 29,99 EUR

both Battle Packs: 16,99 EUR

Z-95 Headhunter: 49,99 EUR

BARC-Speeder: 29,99 EUR

Rancor Pit: unknown

I am surprised that there aren't any "big" sets yet. If I am not mistaken every wave does tend to have a big set which costs around the £$€ 100 mark. Unless Lego has decided that there are quite a few large sets for sale and they're taking a break?

I am surprised that there aren't any "big" sets yet. If I am not mistaken every wave does tend to have a big set which costs around the £$€ 100 mark. Unless Lego has decided that there are quite a few large sets for sale and they're taking a break?

The big set tends to be in the summer wave, not he winter wave.

I hope they keep skiping big sets, it makes harder to me getting the whole wave.

I cant believe we are getting 212th battalion.I have the old a-wing and probably will go out and get the new one!Also the walker seems nice. MY question is there any other UCS besides the B-wing coming out? Please reply

I cant believe we are getting 212th battalion.I have the old a-wing and probably will go out and get the new one!Also the walker seems nice. MY question is there any other UCS besides the B-wing coming out? Please reply

None so far. The B-wing was released this year

Do you now what the prices are in US dollars??? I need to get my money ready.

Do you now what the prices are in US dollars??? I need to get my money ready.

The official prices have not been released yet, but from my best guess based on prior knowledge, I'm pretty sure these are what there going to be or something around it...

Battle Packs-12.99$

AT-RT-19.99$

A-wing Starfighter-24.99$

Z-95 Headhunter-49.99$

Rancor Pit-59.99$

Republic BARC Speeder-29.99$

Umbaran MHC-49.99$

Planet Sets-9.99$

Am I the only one who thinks the AT-RT would have been better as a Battle Pack? It's too large IMHO. And Yoda in an AT-RT set make no sense to me. I understand the 501st trooper, and the Commando Droid and Sniper Droideka are somewhat logical RFPP, but Yoda?

Does anybody knows why TLG changed the box art? Sorry, if it has been asked.

TLG changes box art all the time in all its long-running themes, even things like Creator. With licensed sets in particular, though, the box art is often mandated by the licensor (Lucasfilm, in the case of Star Wars, as well as Indiana Jones), who wants all its licensed products from a given property that are out at the same time to have a cohesive look, even across product ranges from entirely different companies. That's why you'll see consistencies in the package art for Star Wars toys from both LEGO and Hasbro, for example, if they come out at around the same time.

The Yoda art we're seeing on these LEGO Star Wars boxes for next year will be seen on more than just LEGO sets - it'll be on action figures and action figure playsets and vehicles, and other sorts of Star Wars toys and other merchandise released next year.

The Yoda art we're seeing on these LEGO Star Wars boxes for next year will be seen on more than just LEGO sets - it'll be on action figures and action figure playsets and vehicles, and other sorts of Star Wars toys and other merchandise released next year.

Unfortunately :sad:.

I miss the 7 or so minifigs style logo of the old sets.