Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

"Disney bought Lucasfilm and is planning to release a new star wars movie in or before 2015. They also have plans for an "Episode 8" and "Episode 9" and probably every 2 or 3 years a new movie. George Lucas will be the creative-advisor for the new Star Wars movies."

So possible new LEGO Star Wars too? :excited:

EDIT: sorry haven't seen the separate topic for this.

WTF! Walt Disney? Lol, for real???

WTF! Walt Disney? Lol, for real???

Well, at least we have no worries about the LEGO liscense continuing, as Disney already has a deal with LEGO. :sceptic:

I do hope the summer wave doesn't get affected by Disney. Great corporation Disney is, but bad move by LucasArts in my opinion

I'm sure we won't see the influence of Disney in Star Wars Lego sets for a while yet.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

I'm sure we won't see the influence of Disney in Star Wars Lego sets for a while yet.

At least then it won't be until 2014 when Disney actually gets involved with the Lego Star Wars sets, and not before

I'm not sure you guys understand the terms of the Disney acquisition, at least as far as Lego is concerned. This will most likely have little to no effect on the current Star Wars licensees, much less any upcoming waves of Lego sets. The quote from Lucasfilm is that they are continuing with "business as usual".

Someone on eBay is selling one of the new clones from the battlepack:

-Sci

Maybe its just decal on a white body? Or a fraud. :p

Edited by Piranha
quoted image removed

Maybe its just decal on a white body? Or a fraud. :p

Where'd they get the helmet then, if it's just a decal on a white body? The helmet is a new mold so unless they made their own that looks incredibly accurate to Lego's version then no.

As for a fraud, I could understand the sale being a fraud yet the fact that the picture is one that doesn't seem official makes me question that theory. It appears the jury is out on the validity of this one.

Where'd they get the helmet then, if it's just a decal on a white body? The helmet is a new mold so unless they made their own that looks incredibly accurate to Lego's version then no.

As for a fraud, I could understand the sale being a fraud yet the fact that the picture is one that doesn't seem official makes me question that theory. It appears the jury is out on the validity of this one.

I have seen it before, though never so accurate... Indeed the helmet is the big question if it is decal, but then again, i saw some pretty awesome self made phase II helmets. And honestly on the photo, you could not tell apart the real one from the self made. Still very strange.

I also found the battle pack from SWTOR on E-Bay for 17.99€ already????

A lot of figures and sets that are not yet scheduled for release have somehow gotten out and ended up on eBay. TMNT minifigures, Chima minifigures, a Batman minifigure... all completely real. I don't see why people doubt that this figure also is real; I'm sure it is.

My favorite is the AT-RT and I plan to get 10+ of it

I also found the battle pack from SWTOR on E-Bay for 17.99€ already????

Its that much money because it's worth more before it's released, MSRP or lower when LEGO sells it and more after it's been discontinued

(sorry there's no name on the quote, this was my first time using it

Edited by Bubble

Does anyone else believe that the AT-RT set would have been more appealing if the Commando Droid Captain came with a Vibrosword and some chest printing? I was just wondering since I think the Commando Droid Captain in this set looks a bit dull.

@WampaStomper- The Commando Droid in the AT-RT set is indeed a Commando Droid Captain. You can see from the new Head printing on it and also on the Box itself as the picture has the words Commando Droid Captain below it as well as the NEW! label next to it.

Edited by North Lego Star

Does anyone else believe that the AT-RT set would have been more appealing if the Commando Droid Captain came with a Vibrosword and some chest printing? I was just wondering since I think the Commando Droid Captain in this set looks a bit dull.

If it was a Captain that would have been great, but it's just an ordinary Commando Droid. A Vibrosword might have been a bit better, even on the ordinary Commando Droid.

EDIT: Okay, now I completely agree with you. I was viewing the pics from my iPad, so I couldn't really see the details.

Edited by WampaStomper

@WampaStomper- The Commando Droid in the AT-RT set is indeed a Commando Droid Captain. You can see from the new Head printing on it and also on the Box itself as the picture has the words Commando Droid Captain below it as well as the NEW! label next to it.

I said that a few pages ago. Lol

I said that a few pages ago. Lol

Great minds think alike!

By the way, has anyone else noticed the shortage of flick-fire missiles this wave and the comeback of the spring loaded missile? I'am actually really glad about this, Flick-Fire missiles never really wnet far and they're a pain to put back in, but the spring loaded missiles shot much further and are pretty easy to re-load, I hope to see more of them in the summer wave.

Talk about overpriced... and then to consider the figure doesn't have any special elements in the first place.

For LOTR it seemed more reasonable, but this? Come on...

Edited by General Magma

This may be a stupid question, but how do people get their hands on the minifigs so early?

Also, North Lego Star, about your comment about flick fire missiles, there is still a significant amount of obvious flick-fires in the sets, and only one or two spring loaded missiles. Don't get your hopes up about the "extinction" of the flick-fire missile anytime soon. I do agree that the spring loaded missile is making a comeback, and that it is superior to the flick-fire.