El Bucanero

Progress of The Acheron Part III

the orion is a type of say, pre production name, and the final name might be diferent. and i think that the orion and a boarding party of blue coats and red coats could sort it out.

Right.... But can you give a progress picture of the Orion yet??

well construction can't start if i dont have the parts :-P

the parts for the orion are coming scince i ordered them of bricklink. unfortunatly i they are coming from belgium, wales, and the netherlands.

aslo, i dont think that the victoria has 22 guns, and if it does i'm mixing all the crew together, i'm going to have red, blus, and armada's mixed together, plus a ship crew, so my boarding parties will number in over 40, so i think i could take the victoria.

well construction can't start if i dont have the parts :-P

the parts for the orion are coming scince i ordered them of bricklink. unfortunatly i they are coming from belgium, wales, and the netherlands.

aslo, i dont think that the victoria has 22 guns, and if it does i'm mixing all the crew together, i'm going to have red, blus, and armada's mixed together, plus a ship crew, so my boarding parties will number in over 40, so i think i could take the victoria.

You should have been able to build something in almost 1 month, so can you post any pictures now??

:-P nope.

Orion was canceled due to Royal Navy budget cuts. but the sabre was just rebuilt in the style of a napoleonic brig, except for a red stripe on the bottom, but i was using a ses hull.

:-P nope.

Orion was canceled due to Royal Navy budget cuts. but the sabre was just rebuilt in the style of a napoleonic brig, except for a red stripe on the bottom, but i was using a ses hull.

I saw your ship(HMS Sabre) at MOCpages, the problem is: I can't see the pictures...

I really like the details on the stern! :x

You do? That's strange... The stern barely contains any details :-P Unless you mean the first version of the stern offcourse...

You do? That's strange... The stern barely contains any details :-P Unless you mean the first version of the stern offcourse...

I like it because it is low and not a very large deck not to over-welming( like the bear's proridge it is just right!) And I also like the floweres(they get me every time! :-D

UPDATE!!

BEFORE:

acheron_left_side3.jpg

AFTER:

the_acheron.jpg

1. The round bricks at the mizzen mast are replaced by a mast piece:

BEFORE:

acheron_stern3.jpg

AFTER:

acheron_mark_iv_stern.jpg

2. The masts have been lenghtened.

Sorry, no before picture...

NOW:

acheron_mark_iv_topmasts.jpg

3. we have a small crew! *sweet*

acheron_mark_iv.jpg

FUTURE UPDATES:

1. The distance between the cannons will be increased to 3 bricks

2. Complete sail plan.

3. complete crew.

4. desired amount of guns will be on the ship.

UPDATE!!

1. The distance between the cannons will be increased to 3 bricks

2. Complete sail plan.

3. complete crew.

4. desired amount of guns will be on the ship.

1 and 4. With the changes, how many guns do you think the ship will have?

2. What kind of sail plan are you going with. It looks like it will be 'fully rigged'. I definitely would add both main sails and roylas to the main and foroe masts.

3. How many will be in a completed crew?

1 and 4. With the changes, how many guns do you think the ship will have?

I said desired amount because I don't know how much it can have with 3 studs distance between the guns :-$

2. What kind of sail plan are you going with. It looks like it will be 'fully rigged'. I definitely would add both main sails and roylas to the main and foroe masts.

You're right.

3. How many will be in a completed crew?

I dunno yet, do you think 100 men including officers and captain is sufficient?

I dunno yet, do you think 100 men including officers and captain is sufficient?

The problem with LEGO minifigures is that they take up more space than a human would because of their inflexibleness and inability to stand at an angle. Crews of a ship that would normally take 100 sailors often get crowded at 40! Additionally, there are often at least one, and often more decks below the sea line where some men are sleeping etc. so you can often only put about half then men actually required to crew the ship since many of the men who would be below deck can't be.

For this reason, I am not sure it matter how many I would think is sufficient, instead, given the constraints, I was just curious how many you thought you could fit, or were going to try to fit!

100 seems like it might be a realistic amount for a real ship, but I doubt you can fit that many on the ship.

You're ship looks much better with the improvements Mr. Tiber.

This is really one of my favorite ships (its in my top 10).

There are 2 things I would change:

- The yellow windows at the stern should really be red (or black).

- The front of the ship looks a bit flat (I mean the wall behind the bow sprit).

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i'm too lazy to read through 3 pages of this topic :-P

1. How many Cannons will the finnished ship have?

2. What is the biggest amount of cannons that you have used on a ship?

3. How long has this taken you?

You're ship looks much better with the improvements Mr. Tiber.

This is really one of my favorite ships (its in my top 10).

Thank you! I feel honored it's in your top 10!

There are 2 things I would change:

- The yellow windows at the stern should really be red (or black).

Well, not really, you see the Acheron in the movie has golden window frames.

- The front of the ship looks a bit flat (I mean the wall behind the bow sprit).

Yes, I'm still wrestling with the front. May I ask for your experienced help on this part?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i'm too lazy to read through 3 pages of this topic :-P

1. How many Cannons will the finnished ship have?

2. What is the biggest amount of cannons that you have used on a ship?

3. How long has this taken you?

1. I don't know yet :-$

2. that would be 50

3. I started building on the 10th of September, so I am now busy for almost 5 months...

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

Well, not really, you see the Acheron in the movie has golden window frames.

Really, I still haven't watched that movie again. But I believe you :-D

It that case you can ignore this comment.

Yes, I'm still wrestling with the front. May I ask for your experienced help on this part?

I can do better and offer the help of about 120 ship-builders.

I'm using the ships-index really a lot these days for ideas and inspiration.

You front is not really bad, but there is still some room for improvement.

I can do better and offer the help of about 120 ship-builders.

I'm using the ships-index really a lot these days for ideas and inspiration.

You front is not really bad, but there is still some room for improvement.

Well, I'm not very happy with the front myself so maybe I'll also use the index...

Now, here's a little quiz for you: I changed something but I didn't mention it yet. What? You can see it in the pictures...

Now, here's a little quiz for you: I changed something but I didn't mention it yet. What? You can see it in the pictures...

You did some changes on the bow (colors), you made the front of the ship a bit lower.

You should really print some custom flags for your ship...

You did some changes on the bow (colors), you made the front of the ship a bit lower.

You should really print some custom flags for your ship...

Yep, but that's not all! X-D

1. I don't know yet :-$

2. that would be 50

3. I started building on the 10th of September, so I am now busy for almost 5 months...

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

That's aload of cannons, i hate to bump into a ship like that at sea! :-P Cripes....5 months! Now i have patience and can sit for hours building lego, but 5 months! No way i'd be able to make a model last that long or on that scale, i'd get frustrated. My respect just went up for you alot. X-D

I'm planning to make a pirate ship in due course but it might be crap compared to yours, so don't expect alot.

I'm planning to make a pirate ship in due course but it might be crap compared to yours, so don't expect alot.

Really? Interesting. Can you already tell us what type it will be? Or something about the armament perhaps?

If you have a lot of information to tell us then perhaps it would be a good idea to create a Work In Progress thread for, because it will be much more accessible in a thread of its own than as part of this thread.

Really? Interesting. Can you already tell us what type it will be? Or something about the armament perhaps?

It will be quite a noobish one that's for sure. I'm geting quite into pirates since i joined thanks to this forum, so don't expect anything to rival your ships just yet.

If you have a lot of information to tell us then perhaps it would be a good idea to create a Work In Progress thread for, because it will be much more accessible in a thread of its own than as part of this thread.

Okay, i'll do a brainstorm tonight if i have time. :)

Okay, laddies, here are some interior pics of the ship( I never noticed how over-armed and big this ship was before!):

acheron_inside_2.jpg

acheron_inside.jpg

Not much to see though...

I removed the deck because I'm gonna do future update nr 1. (change distance between guns from 2 to 3 studs) today...

I'll post more interior pics as soon as I changed the distance between the guns.

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

Not much to see though...

I removed the deck because I'm gonna do future update nr 1. (change distance between guns from 2 to 3 studs) today...

I'll post more interior pics as soon as I changed the distance between the guns.

Have a nice day,

Change those guns!

I also think the bow is without question the hardest part to do! Sloping down the front if you can do it I think looks best!