@ Conchas: The Lego 44772 wheels would be most appropriate for those low-profile, Duratrax DTXC9708 directional RC tires above. They have an Inside Diameter (I.D.) of 1.9" (48mm), and their width (35mm) is very close to matching the outermost rim's width (34mm). :classic: It could be a substitute for the Lego 44771 "Black Tire 68.8 x 36 ZR" (right picture below) from the 8070 Supercar II set:

90178672-260x260-0-0_DURATRAX+Tires+On+Rd+w+Foam+Inserts+Mini+Quake+4+D.jpg44771.jpg

When I was stretching the Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires onto the Lego 44772 wheels, it seemed like I was handling a giant Rubber Band. The rubber is VERY SOFT -- much softer than the Lego tire compound. I believe that stretching the 48mm-I.D. Duratrax tire onto the (nominal) 56mm-O.D. Lego 44772 wheel will work, even if the tire's sidewall is low-profile. The fact that the Duratrax 1.9 tires are advertised with "foam inserts" makes me believe that the tire wall thickness is quite thin and stretchy. Without the foam inserts, the rubberband-like tire would collapse.

I just ordered a set of four of these Duratrax tires for USD $11.95 , and will let you know how they fit on the Lego 44772 wheels when they arrive. :wink:

Eagerly waiting to see the results! :classic::thumbup:

My Ansmann tyres arrived to day :laugh: as i dont have a crawler yet I put them on my Unimog, wow they do look fine it actually makes the Unimog look much better! :thumbup:

Yes!

The Ansmann tires look very good on the Unimog.

Yesterday I put the original tires back on the Unimog. It looks terrible if you only have seen it with the Ansmann tires before! So I put back the Ansmann tires on the Unimog.

oh my god what have i done :laugh: hopefully Lego get notice from this thread and is making tires like these

Here is a comparison between the original tires and the Ansmann tires:

foto.jpg

sorry for the large picture

Mine arrived today too, they are fantastic, they even smell kinda like real tyres :laugh: . They are pretty much the same diameter as he power puller tyres.

Edited by allanp

does the tires collide with the chassis?

Just a little bit at full turn or at full compression but not alot, could be adjusted accordingly with little modding.

I am thinking of motorising my Unimog now, need to do some more thinking about it. :sceptic:

Just a little bit at full turn or at full compression but not alot, could be adjusted accordingly with little modding.

I am thinking of motorising my Unimog now, need to do some more thinking about it. :sceptic:

Yes,

but only sometimes

I have motorized my Unimog some weeks ago and with the new tires the Unimog looks very strong but with only one XL motor it isn't very strong so I need a good idea for two of them

what for a gearratio do you have in the portalhubs? 16/16, 12/24 or 8/20? with 8/24 itr should work without a problem

I am going to attempt a medium motor on both front and rear suspension system a bit like the rock crawlers I think there is enough space to do this but maybe not and it would give enough UMPH with the right gearing, question is should i use diffs or not as i want it to climb well? :tongue:

Also would it be a good idea to do rear steer aswell, but i digress from the thread subject... wow these Ansmann tyres have fired us all up lol

I Blame Efferman :laugh::laugh::devil:

Edited by Rodeown

:tongue: "another one bites the dust"

"and another one down"...

Thanks guys! efferman made me want a set a while ago, and now DLuders reviewing something available on this side of the pond, I'm ordering the "Rc4wd Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires" now. I too am forced to break from my Lego Purism--it was a long internal debate (NOT!).

Kind of off topic...I'm assuming the July 23rd USA release date is S@H only? (in other words, we'll have to wait for delivery :cry_sad: ) Still, that's better then August release.

@ Dannnohhh: Here are the exact specifications of those Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires that you ordered for the Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler set (to be sold on the USA Shop.Lego.com website starting on July 23rd -- shipping time is extra to your location).

Numbers: Roklox 1.9

Name: Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires

Inside Diameter (I.D.) Size: 1.9 inches (48.26mm)

Weight: 81 grams / 2.85 ounces

Outside Diameter (O.D.): 114.46mm / 4.506 inch

Width: 38.94mm / 1.533 inch

For USA Technic AFOLs: If the Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires are too "tall" for your taste, this RC4WD list of 1.9 Tires shows many different tire tread patterns (some of which are good for military models). Many should fit the Lego 44772 wheels (Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm) by STRETCHING like a rubber band. Here's the Out Croppers 1.9 Scale Tire (whose dimensions are printed on the tire sidewall -- 3.58" (90.9mm) O.D. x 1.57" (39.9mm) wide x 1.9" (48mm) I.D., a tad smaller than the 54120 "94.8 x 44 R Balloon Tire" that comes with the 9398 4x4 Crawler set):

DSC_2342.jpg

of them in action:

Edited by DLuders

@ Conchas: I received the low-profile, Duratrax DTXC9708 directional RC tires, but they don't fit the Lego 44772 wheels very well. Even though the tires have an Inside Diameter (I.D.) of 1.9" (48mm), and their width (35mm) is very close to matching the outermost rim's width (34mm), they do not have enough support in the center and there is a CONCAVE surface. :sceptic: I was hoping it could be a substitute for the Lego 44771 "Black Tire 68.8 x 36 ZR" (right picture below) from the 8070 Supercar II set:

90178672-260x260-0-0_DURATRAX+Tires+On+Rd+w+Foam+Inserts+Mini+Quake+4+D.jpg44771.jpg

On the left is a set of 44771 tires on the Lego 44772 wheels, and at the center is the Duratrax tire on the same 44772 wheel. The three tires on the right are not mounted on the wheels; notice that their diameter is smaller than the mounted Duratrax tire in the center. The yellow foam insert did not provide sufficient support to the sunken center portion of the tread. Oh well, I'll give these tires away to some RC car owner sometime.

7570726382_48aa76394b_c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Hi David,

It is a pity indeed! :sad: The tires look so nice. :wub:

Although I suspected it could fail, because of what I've explained a few posts back.

With this attempt you were trying to fit the 1,9" flange in a different place and at larger diameter of the wheel, then what was done with ANSMANN tires for the Crawler.

Thanks for trying anyway!

Maybe there is larger version that fits in 22969 wheels...

Two Face 1.9 Offroad Tires (On Left) vs. Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires (On Right):

7570834278_d20ee65daa_c.jpg

I also received a set of four Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires today, and they fit great on the standard Lego 44772 wheel. They are virtually the same diameter as the Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires, but they are 1/4" wider and take full advantage of the 44772 wheel's entire width. My Flickr photoset

"Specification:

* Outer Diameter: 4.48" (114mm)

* Width: 1.77" (45mm)

* Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

* X3 Super soft compound"

Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires vs. Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires, Both on Lego 44772 Wheels:

7570834644_80a57bd415_c.jpg7570835066_55d655730f_c.jpg7570836360_c7b5e9c25b_c.jpg

The "two-faced" tread pattern of the wider Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires (on the left) is not as deep as the Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires (on the right). However, the CONTACT PATCH of those wider tires is a lot more, so maybe it cn "grab" rough surfaces better. I don't yet have a Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler to test them! They are both made of the same, soft rubber compound. The Two Face Tires weigh 108 grams (vs. the 81 grams for the Rok Lox), which are more than the 43.6 grams for the Lego 54120 Tire but a lot less than the 170 grams for the Lego 32298 Power Puller Tire.

Blakbird wrote that the 9398 4x4 Crawler could handle the weight of the Power Puller tires/wheels, and efferman is having a good time with those big Ansmann 211000214 tires!

From the videos I've seen, I really think that the SOFT RUBBER COMPOUND and LARGER CONTACT PATCHES of third-party RC tires helps improve the performance of the 9398! :wink:

7574916382_f75aef6a6c_c.jpg

Here is a chart of RC-type 1.9" (48mm) tires that fit onto the common Lego 44772 Wheel, sorted by Outside Diameter (O.D.). As a "lower limit", I used the Ansmann 211000214 Tires' 37mm width (since efferman and others PROVED that it fit). As the "upper limit", I used the Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires' 48.42mm width (since I proved that it fit). I'm sure there are MANY MORE 1.9 Tires that also fit; this chart has a GOOD VARIETY of tire sizes and tread patterns. To see them side-by-side, go to this RC4WD webpage.

Consider replacing your common Lego 54120 "Balloon Tire 94.8 x 44R" with a custom tire that looks more realistic and has better grip! The RC4WD website listed is just one source for these tires; do a search for the tire description to find other sources for your country. :classic:

Edited by DLuders

I received my Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires late yesterday and definitely like them on the 8110, haven't tested on another model yet; the "plumped" vs "non-plumped" that DLuders mentions looks okay either way and I agree the plumped is probably an advantage for the crawler.

So I was already looking at more tires last night when I saw DLuders post on the Two Face 1.9 Off Road tires so I had to bite! I grabbed 2 sets at the clearance price (thanks again DLuders!), I'll probably use them on an 8110 mod and the 8297-B Model (for now).

I also ordered the following Mickey Thompsons, I dig the looks and large treads, but I'm especially interested in the 4.75" OD (!) and "reinforced sidewall" compared to the Rok Lox 1.9s. I'll let you guys know in a few days.

Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja Claw TTC Scale Tires.

RC4WD%20Z-T0048.jpg

Outer Diameter: 4.75" (120mm)

Width: 1.75" (44.5mm)

Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

Advanced X3 Soft & Sticky Compound

Reinforced sidewall

@ Dannnohhh: I also wanted those "Mickey Thompson 1.9 Baja Claw TTC Scale Tires" (multiple buying sources here), but my "piggy bank" is empty! :sing: They seem to be the largest 1.9-I.D. crawler-type tires that will fit on the Lego 44772 wheels. They look awesome!