Sign in to follow this  
prozac

My first MOC (LOTR)

So this is my first MOC since I was a child(32 now) and it is for Helms Deep. I was kinda disappointed with how low the lookout on theoden's throne room was, so I decided to add an armory under it using extra pieces from multiple 9471 walls. I'm happy with how it turned out, but constructive criticism is welcome(as long as it's nothing too difficult cause I *SUCK* at MOCs LOL!). I'm not 100% done as I need to adda few small things(like weapons haha!). LMK what you all think.

HD1.jpg

HD2.jpg

HD3.jpg

HD4.jpg

very nice MOC prozac! :thumbup: my only complaint is that the armory extension might make the "bridge" too high to meet the main building :sceptic: otherwise it's great (now if only the sets would come to Europe faster :hmpf_bad: ).

very nice MOC prozac! :thumbup: my only complaint is that the armory extension might make the "bridge" too high to meet the main building :sceptic: otherwise it's great (now if only the sets would come to Europe faster :hmpf_bad: ).

I discovered that too and have since fixed it with 2 of the staircases from 9471...worked perfectly!

I wouldn't say you suck at MOCs. That's quite an ambitious build! That's a playset that I'd keep together. Way to brick! I especially like the great hall/throne room.

What a wonderful idea! I might have to steal that one. :wink:

As far as constructive criticism, I agree that the second baseplate sticking out at the corners is a little off. That's a pretty minor concern though. It's the concept that's so great.

I actually agree about the baseplate, but I'm OCD about my sets and do not like to remove anything from them and leave them as is. Adding is ok but I'm always scared I'll lose whatever I remove LOL!

Plus when it's behind the fortress you can't see it :-P

I wouldn't say you suck at MOCs. That's quite an ambitious build! That's a playset that I'd keep together. Way to brick! I especially like the great hall/throne room.

His MOC is just that first picture. :wink: Not the entire Helms Deep.

The armory is well built. It does certainly need more weapons and such. But, you kept it in line with 9474. It does look odd with the throne rooms baseplate, but I get not wanting to take anything away from it.