DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

I've actually had some issues with characters who are available to buy, but they don't show up. I think the only ones I need are Hama, the Witch-King and the King of the Dead. I've gone to each spot, set my destination, and they never appear. Same goes for this one Mithril brick that is supposedly right next to the Seeing Seat at Amon Hen. I can see the white arrow that shows me where it is, but it is just pointing at the ground and nothing is there. It's really annoying.

But besides that, this game is absolutely amazing! I have it for the Wii, so the graphics aren't as great as they could be, but the gameplay is no different. Can't wait for the Hobbit games that will inevitably come out!

I've actually had some issues with characters who are available to buy, but they don't show up. I think the only ones I need are the Witch-King and the King of the Dead.

For witch-king you need to do the platform acros the water next to the picture of witch king, he is at some other place. For the king of the dead, you need to come at night.

Hooray! I just reached 100% and got my 6th LEGO platinum trophy! :sweet:

It was a great game, but it wasn't without the usual flaws and glitches present in just about every LEGO game yet. :sceptic:

It was repetitive, but enjoyable nonetheless. :thumbup:

I do hope they remove those ridiculous magic puzzles though. They're such a pain to make up a simple set of stairs!

I do hope they remove those ridiculous magic puzzles though. They're such a pain to make up a simple set of stairs!

I have to agree with you there. It's a neat concept, but the controls make it nigh impossible.

Finally. 100% :sweet:

I had one mithril brick I've missed.

At Isengard there are 2 mithril bricks on the map so close to each other that it's not easy to spot :)

Maybe I just forgot/dismissed getting this one because of the "hard" jump&fall method in getting it.

With this I got to 99.8% and just by revisiting the bonus level I got it to 100%.

Yay for me \o/ :)

Ok, I've got the question is there any other way to unlock Lurtz (newborn) other than a code?

Ok, I've got the question is there any other way to unlock Lurtz (newborn) other than a code?

I got mine by returning to Hobbiton after completing everything else. It may be something to do with creating custom characters, which I think is part of the 100%, but I'm not certain.

Do you have to beat the game before you can make custom guys? Just got the game yesterday!

Nope. Just visit Bag-End.

Just managed to get this game. Haven't had time to check it out, but in the New Year I will get down to it. :sweet:

I think the only ones I need are Hama, the Witch-King and the King of the Dead.

My Hama is in a really weird place. He's in Edoras, wedged between the side of the wall and the cliff leading up to the Golden Hall, and thus he's constantly trying to climb up it, which is an all but impossible task for him. Really don't know what to do.

I got the game for Christmas and finished story mode the other day and I have to say that it was fantastic! I really loved all of it, especially playing in the giant battle like Helms Deep and Pelennor Fields. Now to do some quests for people!

I have a couple of questions, I've just finished the story and am now making my way back through Middle-Earth doing whatever I can on the way (ran out of money to buy the 3 Lothlorien elves, I'll come back to that later) but the 1st question is: what do I need to get through those doors with a glowing gold handle (looks like the telephone handle piece)? I have the beserker for mithril(?) white shiny things, royal Aragorn for the lava rock things but no idea how to get into the other one. Do I need to buy someone specific?

2nd: how do I get to the guy above the entrance at Edoras? Sam is too short to reach to use the elven rope or jump up to the platform, and I can't throw him up on the platform because there's no one to catch him. Will it work if he gets on a horse?

3rd: can someone come to my house and do the really hard jumping ones... I get so annoyed with those, trying again & again 20-30x only to fall off again & eventually give up... :angry::damn:

Use the mithril boxing gloves for the orange handled items, or berserker.

And for the rope, use the mithril one :)

Some of the umping things can be a bit annoying, but most of them have something that helps, your character "sticks" to the platforms, so you cant jump too far.

I have a couple of questions, I've just finished the story and am now making my way back through Middle-Earth doing whatever I can on the way (ran out of money to buy the 3 Lothlorien elves, I'll come back to that later) but the 1st question is: what do I need to get through those doors with a glowing gold handle (looks like the telephone handle piece)? I have the beserker for mithril(?) white shiny things, royal Aragorn for the lava rock things but no idea how to get into the other one. Do I need to buy someone specific?

2nd: how do I get to the guy above the entrance at Edoras? Sam is too short to reach to use the elven rope or jump up to the platform, and I can't throw him up on the platform because there's no one to catch him. Will it work if he gets on a horse?

3rd: can someone come to my house and do the really hard jumping ones... I get so annoyed with those, trying again & again 20-30x only to fall off again & eventually give up... :angry::damn:

- Those are orange handles which can be pulled by strong characters: ie. Sauron, various Uruk Hai (Shagrat, Beserker, Lurtz, etc); or by any character wearing Mithril Boxing Gloves once you've crafted them at the Blacksmith in Bree (not Mithril Gloves).

- If you can't reach with Sam, use the Mithril Rope once you've crafted that.

- Agreed, but keep at it! :classic:

Okay, well Ive gone to Bag-End and nothing pops up when I go

to the front door. I know Im missing something. -_-

Sorry, I thought the rest might be common sense enough. You have to enter Bag-End and go left at the end of the hall to Create-A-Character.

- Those are orange handles which can be pulled by strong characters: ie. Sauron, various Uruk Hai (Shagrat, Beserker, Lurtz, etc); or by any character wearing Mithril Boxing Gloves once you've crafted them at the Blacksmith in Bree (not Mithril Gloves).

Sorry, I thought the rest might be common sense enough. You have to enter Bag-End and go left at the end of the hall to Create-A-Character.

Well that would be helpful if I could actuly get in side Bag- End, I go to the door and nothing pops up

to say press ,so and so forth, to enter. I could probly get the rest after that!

Use the mithril boxing gloves for the orange handled items, or berserker.

And for the rope, use the mithril one :)

Some of the umping things can be a bit annoying, but most of them have something that helps, your character "sticks" to the platforms, so you cant jump too far.

Thanks guys, I couldn't figure out how the beserker could open them, I suppose if you put the bomb away? In any case I got Sauron after my previous post and used him, and have since built the boxing gloves too. I don't have the rope design yet, but thanks anyway! Regarding the jumps, I wasted my New Year's Eve falling off Orthanc, Helm's Deep & the Prancing Pony and lost many studs to fatalities so don't talk to me about sticking to platforms! :enough::laugh: I certainly hope the neighbours couldn't hear the language I was sporting... :oh:

I need a break from the game for a few days, I keep dreaming about minifigs constantly jumping unsuccessfully. :wall:

Okay, well Ive gone to Bag-End and nothing pops up when I go

to the front door. I know Im missing something. -_-

Have you finished the story yet? I tried before I'd finished it and couldn't get in, but after I had, next time I was in Hobbiton the door opened itself, Bilbo was there, I could go in no probs.

The game is currently 50% off on Steam.

Just went and got it; thank you so much for pointing out. :D

Also for anyone who's an expert on computers would I be able to run on a Dell Inspiron 1525, or do I need a newer computer (eg. less than 4-5 years old)?

It's not looked great on my HP laptop which is about that age, but that laptop is cluttered full of programmes. I just installed it on a new desktop instead, so hopefully that will be better, but I haven't checked it out yet. Personally, I don't think you should have a problem, but I can't be sure.

Is there any way someone could post or e-mail me screenshots of Gil-galad and Glorfindel? I played the game on DS and had a blast but now that I really want to make out the details of the characters, I'm wishing I'd gotten it for xbox.