DarthSion

LEGO Lord of the Rings

Well, the console versions came out today! Anyone getting 'em? I would love to see the full character list!

I was under the Inpression they came out on the 23rd? Or do you get them erlier in the USA? either way I would like to know the full character list too if possible. :)

Edited by The Joker1

Cheers, BTW does anyone know if this game will be 3D compatible (for x-box) as I'm getting a 3d tv and I want to test its capabilities.

you can see the full character list @ http://www.brickset..../reviews/79010/

?????

He was talking about the LEGO LOTR video game...

Anyways, the first LEGO LOTR gameplay video is up...

I'm gonna toss in a quick pre-order before it's released in my country in 10 days.

EDIT: Well, can't... that's a shame. I wanted the Elrond fig.

Edited by General Magma

Check your Xbox 360 LEGO Lord of the Rings discs:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/13/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-recalled.aspx

Although someone DID reply in the comments thread that it was just a label misprint, and he/she was able to play extended portions of the game (past the trial levels, I suppose).

That comment wasn't posted yet when I grabbed my game (and since my local TRU did not have a 360 to try the game on), so I was just given a refund on my credit card when I opened it right there and it said "Demo disc only" on the label. They just gave me the Elrond minifig that was supposed to come with the purchase of the game.

The PS3 demo still isn't out, or is it?

Oh, either way, Boromir's death *does* involve a banana just like I predicted some time ago... well, sort of predicted...

Edited by General Magma

I went to get my copy today, but for some reason they weren't handing it out until tomorrow. :sceptic: But when the man at the desk asked if I wanted the figure today and gave me two of them, plus a promo poster. :wub:

I went to get my copy today, but for some reason they weren't handing it out until tomorrow. :sceptic: But when the man at the desk asked if I wanted the figure today and gave me two of them, plus a promo poster. :wub:

Wow, that's some luck there.

Any chance you're willing to trade one of them or are you keeping both?

Tried to pre-order for the Elrond fig today but apparently, that store won't work for me either...

Wow, that's some luck there.

Any chance you're willing to trade one of them or are you keeping both?

No thanks, I think I'll keep it. :classic:

By the way, did this happen to anybody else? It probably had something to do with the Call of Duty release.

None of the stores in my area have released the wii yet. Does anyone know why? They have all the other systems, but they said they haven't been sent the wii version yet.

The game itself I'm in no hurry for, I can wait until the price comes down, but I really want an Elrond - and unfortunately it's not looking good there. But in other news I just noticed Starcraft II Heart Of The Swarm's release date has finally been announced!

By the way, did this happen to anybody else? It probably had something to do with the Call of Duty release.

Yeah it happened to me and my friend, though they didn't have any of the LEGO stuff they were supposed to have. They said it was because of the weather.

So, is the game actuly out in the US? Saw an ad on tv last night that it

was out now. I'm so confused!

Yes it is, a few of us had delays because of the weather. :wink:

In the US the Handheld version released 2 weeks ago. The console (ps3 and xbox360) version came out today. Oddly mid week on a Wednesday. The pc version will be out Friday. The Wii was supposed to be today, not sure what happened. My local GameStop manager seemed to think the delays were caused by licensing and rights finikiness involving the use of the voice acting from the movie.

I have it on PS3. It looks and sounds gorgeous. My only very minor complaint is the gameplay and movement doesn't feel quite as tight as Batman2. The heavy earth tones inhibit finding things like the edge of a cliff, and at least in the beginning the initial characters are harder to differentiate (the hobbits in particular) making swapping between them sort of a crap shoot. Batmans brighter more cartoony color pallet and brightly clad superheroes made some things a little sharper and easier to distinguish.

Did anyone see the cameo for

agent Smith from the matrix. Played by the Elrond actor.

Did anyone see the cameo for

agent Smith from the matrix. Played by the Elrond actor.

So that's what that was! Cool! Maybe that's why there were Matrix posters in one of the develloper videos.

maybe that cameo means that we will see a Lego Matrix Video Game pretty soon

Of course not... how does it?

TLG doesn't even have the license for those and I think they never will.

Edited by General Magma