wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Great vid! Those goblin helmets look amazing :wub: It makes me question why TLG wouldn't actually make them :hmpf_bad:

What video? What goblin helmets? :sweet:

I did'nt find that video. Can you help?

Great vid! Those goblin helmets look amazing :wub: It makes me question why TLG wouldn't actually make them :hmpf_bad:

The helmet of darkness is killing meeeeee. God I wish they would make it. There are moria goblins in the hobbit right?

What video? What goblin helmets? :sweet:

I did'nt find that video. Can you help?

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381477/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-e3-2012-stage-demo

The helmet of darkness is killing meeeeee. God I wish they would make it. There are moria goblins in the hobbit right?

There certainly are! They even have a proper chieftain (Azog, if I remember correctly).

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381477/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-e3-2012-stage-demo

There certainly are! They even have a proper chieftain (Azog, if I remember correctly).

Sorry to come in here and burst the bubble of excitement, but the Moria goblins don't necessarily have any relation to the Goblin Town goblins. I remember that the design for the Moria orcs' helmets was to reflect the shape of the Balrog, and how the orcs had, over the years, come to fear and worship the Balrog as a sort of god. This was completely made up by Peter Jackson, but still an interesting idea. That being said, the goblin from Goblin Town could very well look similar physically, but have different armour. As much as I would love to see the Moria helmets, I would be more excited by more orcs with different types of armour.

Also, Bolg is the one who leads the orcs at the Battle of Five Armies. Azog was his father. I believe he was slain by Dain II at the Battle of Azanulbizar, after he killed Thror, Thorin's grandfather. I think they have cast someone as Thror and Azog for the film, so we will most likely see a flashback sequence about it. Maybe a set could be based off that?

LOTR has appeared on S@H Australia, prices are:

9469 $22.99 Gandalf

9470 $39.99 Shelob

9471 $59.99 Wall

9472 $89.99 Weathertop

9473 $119.99 Moria

9474 $199.99 Helm's Deep

9476 $69.99 Orc Forge

Unfortunately saying "Out of stock, will ship in 30 days" but if you can wait 6 weeks & don't fancy your chances at the upcoming toy sales... :sceptic:

I know we will not be getting new LOTR sets for quite a while, but does anyone know or think we could get battle-packs before the Hobbit release, or at least before the second wave of LOTR's?

Sets have arrived at Toys R us here in Perth (and selling out quick). Managed to pick up the moria and Urakai attack sets for the same price as listed on S@H. I'd say if Perth has them most of oz would have them by now.

I know we will not be getting new LOTR sets for quite a while, but does anyone know or think we could get battle-packs before the Hobbit release, or at least before the second wave of LOTR's?

We don't know for certain if December won't hold any more LOTR sets for us...

We do know, though, that an article said that "the next wave of LEGO LOTR will include sets from The Hobbit".

Read carefully - it says "will include sets from The Hobbit", which might indicate that LOTR sets are to be released alongside that.

Still some time to go until that's confirmed, though.

~ General Magma

At least in the US, that's when they'll be released. First page of the Summer 2012 Catalog: LEGO The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 'Your Journey Begins December 1st 2012.' If that's not confirmation of Hobbit sets being released in the US on December 1st, I don't know what is. We might see some more trilogy sets then too, who knows.

We do know, though, that an article said that "the next wave of LEGO LOTR will include sets from The Hobbit".

Read carefully - it says "will include sets from The Hobbit", which might indicate that LOTR sets are to be released alongside that.

Still some time to go until that's confirmed, though.

~ General Magma

Whats the source for this? link?

:wub_drool: Those Moria Orc helmets are great!

I think, the reason "why we do not see usually orc helmets at the current/upcoming LotR wave" is that LEGO needs some extra specials for a upcoming Orc set?

Maybe we will find those orc helmets here, in a kind Battle Pack . :excited:

:wub_drool: Those Moria Orc helmets are great!

I think, the reason "why we do not see usually orc helmets at the current/upcoming LotR wave" is that LEGO needs some extra specials for a upcoming Orc set?

Maybe we will find those orc helmets here, in a kind Battle Pack . :excited:

I think those helmets are just for the videogame along with their armor. Also they are ontop of the hair with ears in the game.

Also keep in mind these helmets was only used by the orcs in Moria, Only featured in the first movie.

.. what upcoming orc set?

Edited by deskp

Moria is a little disjointed, but I really love the playability factor. Modded it all to fit on a 32x32 baseplate and filled it with some Uruks to battle my Fellowship. Really nice display piece if you can pose everyone. :sweet:

Moria is a little disjointed, but I really love the playability factor. Modded it all to fit on a 32x32 baseplate and filled it with some Uruks to battle my Fellowship. Really nice display piece if you can pose everyone. :sweet:

I'd love to see a photo of that!

Great idea. When mine turns up I'll work on something and try to enclose it.

Maybe we'll get a lotr chess set at some points, would be good for the people wanting armies I guess.

Is there any new news on the release of the sets in Europe or the UK? :cry_sad: