wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Have you guys seen the list of the other sets on brickset?

It seems like Gandalf is in every other set :wacko:

Edited by Ceroknight

That info is bogus. It's still coming from that shady German toy shop that claims to have seen all those sets but won't give us any images of the boxes.

And NO THORIN in any set? Yeah right. :laugh:

Edited by SheepEater

Can I get some of your guys opinions

A friend is offering me the SDCC Bilbo for $40.

Is it worth it? And why?

Edited by vriverajr3

I think they will give a minifigure with the game, but as to what it will be I'm not so sure... :wink: Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the Hobbit sets, I just can't wait.

Can I get some of your guys opinions

A friend is offering me the SDCC Bilbo for $40.

Is it worth it? And why?

SDCC? do you mean 7560390660_0c437f489c_z.jpg

if you do I say no, it is exactly the same as the one we will be getting in Bag end

That info is bogus. It's still coming from that shady German toy shop that claims to have seen all those sets but won't give us any images of the boxes.

And NO THORIN in any set? Yeah right. :laugh:

They are just guessing wich minifigures ar ein each set. Thats why theres so few in all of them, theres no way a 100$ set will have just 3 minifigures for example.

The information should not be taken seriously.

Pure fan speculation (the minifigs part)

and i believe "the orc king" set is called "hall of the orc king" or soemthing more like that.

That's not the thread he's referring to. I started a thread exclusively for talking about availability of the sets (release dates, prices, etc), but it was closed because it is believed that those sorts of things can be discussed here. I disagree, since it muddies up this thread and makes it look like there could be news but it's just a post about someone finding Shelob Attacks at a store in the UK.

People in UK want to hear about where they are available

People in UK want to hear about where they are available

Certainly, but people everywhere else don't, wich is why they shouldnt have closed the tread.

if the thread for talking about that was still open people who doesen't wanna hear about it can avoid it. And people wanting to talk about it could do so without anoying people.

Certainly, but people everywhere else don't, wich is why they shouldnt have closed the tread.

if the thread for talking about that was still open people who doesen't wanna hear about it can avoid it. And people wanting to talk about it could do so without anoying people.

Good point but if it's just a fewposts how can you get it mixed up for a 'new set' or something?

Good point but if it's just a fewposts how can you get it mixed up for a 'new set' or something?

I never said I get it mixed up with new sets. I just find it's not what I come to this thread for.

I find it odd that mods closed the thread for it, there are all sorts of other threads about lotr/hobbit related things, why did the availability one have to go. In an attempty to keep the board free of clutter they made the main tread more cluttered.....

That's not the thread he's referring to. I started a thread exclusively for talking about availability of the sets (release dates, prices, etc), but it was closed because it is believed that those sorts of things can be discussed here. I disagree, since it muddies up this thread and makes it look like there could be news but it's just a post about someone finding Shelob Attacks at a store in the UK.

This thread is for news and discussion about the LOTR and Hobbit sets and product availability is NEWS. Deal with it, people. If you're annoyed with posts delivering such news to the greater community, just don't read them. Scroll down.

Meanwhile, stick to the topic and if you have a problem with policy take it up with staff via PM.

I saw the Frodo polybag at one of my local Toys R Us yesterday. Although BrickSet names it "Frodo with cooking corner", no title appeared on the front of the bag.

If they also had the Uruk-Hai polybag, I would have bought both. I asked an employee if they'd have it too but he didn't know. Shame. So I didn't buy it at all.

Strange how TRU has it and Lego's official site doesn't. :sceptic:

Confirmed4brawl! :laugh:

I'm guessing that both the polybags (uruk and frodo) will be available through the sun newspaper giveaway here in the uk. I'm saving the pennies and eagerly awaiting this, going to travel round all my local stores, picking up as many as I can. Well, that's for the Uruk-hai one, probably only get one or two frodo ones, just for the collection and MISB...

I like how the background depicts the inside of their home yet a flower is growing out of the wood floor :laugh:

I never noticed that. Haha, I suppose it's supposed to be in a pot.

The last (8th) production diary for the hobbit movie is out, and it shows us some new stuff we can image will be made into lego at some point.

For example Legolas' new-ish costume(Tauriel will be wearing the same), the city of Dale, more of the orc caves/halls, the elven wine cellar and some amored up dwarves!

Edited by deskp

The last (8th) production diary for the hobbit movie is out, and it shows us some new stuff we can image will be made into lego at some point.

For example Legolas' new-ish costume(Tauriel will be wearing the same), the city of Dale, more of the orc caves/halls, the elven wine cellar and some amored up dwarves!

I wish there were more captions of the elven riders and the dwarven army, this 8th blog was fantastic. :wub:

FYI I just created a Hobbit movie topic on the Culture & Multimedia forum.

I also spotted a Warg, and it seems it's safe to say that they'll be the same as in The Two Towers.

(At 07:05, you can see someone riding a fake Warg, seems the same color and design as the usual ones from LOTR)

I also spotted a Warg, and it seems it's safe to say that they'll be the same as in The Two Towers.

(At 07:05, you can see someone riding a fake Warg, seems the same color and design as the usual ones from LOTR)

Interesting, that would be great if Lego made Wargs and they could be used for both LOTR and The Hobbit MOCs. I wonder if Lego does ROTK whether or not Lego will make one or two more giant troll designs for that movie. That would be just too awesome. :cry_happy:

I think the warks noses will be a little more pointy to be more wolf like, but overall the same. I've been acing to see lego wargs since the theme was announces.

Lego animals recently have been very good in my opinion.

I think my favorite is the ostrich!

@SheepEater: good to know! I'm talking more about the possebilities for lego sets/designs etc. so i though that fit in here aswell!

lor018.jpg

973pb1141c01.jpg

:sad:

My Weathertop set came with one Nazgul with a shiny silver buckle printed on

his torso but the other one was plain gray.

I called Lego, but the replacement that came in was the same dull gray as before.

What are your experiences on this? And what should I tell Lego customer service

the next time I call them?

Obviously there's no communication between the customer service people on the

phone and the guys who pack the parts in bags.

:sad:

My Weathertop set came with one Nazgul with a shiny silver buckle printed on

his torso but the other one was plain gray.

I called Lego, but the replacement that came in was the same dull gray as before.

What are your experiences on this? And what should I tell Lego customer service

the next time I call them?

Obviously there's no communication between the customer service people on the

phone and the guys who pack the parts in bags.

Are you sure silver is the color its supposed to be?