wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Are the sets at the toy fairs still preliminary, as Helm's Deep still has the dark tan brick sections?

Are you taking about the plates at the bottom? I think thats supposed to be that color seeing as it is the ground. I like it this way.

LEGO incorrectly gave Eomer a dark green cape, so that might be what you are seeing. I wonder if Eomer and Theoden will have double sided heads, and if the Rohan soldier will have a special new generic bearded face.

I might be completely wrong but isn't the 'green' bit the tip of Shelob's leg from the poster behind? and not actually Eomer?

Also these all look sooo good :laugh:

I honestly dont know how all you guys are making out these details! :laugh:

I can't seeing any Eomer green for love nor money :tongue:

As as for differentiating between the helmets and new mold horses, can't see anywhere near the amount of detail to conclude that and I have every picture saved from the prelims onwards :devil:

I honestly dont know how all you guys are making out these details! :laugh:

I can't seeing any Eomer green for love nor money :tongue:

As as for differentiating between the helmets and new mold horses, can't see anywhere near the amount of detail to conclude that and I have every picture saved from the prelims onwards :devil:

I feel exactly the same way as you. Eveybody's talking about details that I don't see in any of the pictures. That's why I've chosen to wait until better pics are released. I'm sure by this time next weekend there will be more than enough pics circulating that I'm sure this thread will blow up.

Breakdown Time!: :tongue:

Gandalf Arrives: Looks like a good set to start off the theme with, I'll definitely get that one.

Shelob Attacks: Finally! A good giant Spider! Puts the old Aragog from HP to shame! :wub: This will also be one of my first sets.

Uruk-Hai army: Probably the only one I won't get. Not that much in it.

Attack on Weathertop: One of my favorites! It's got a nice shape to it, plus a new horse! :wub:

Mines of Moria: This is probably my favorite set, you get all the main characters from the Fellowship, plus there's a cool Ogre! :wub_drool:

Helm's Deep: This is my second favorite since it has a nice shape, plus it's my favorite seen from all the films.

TLG, you're killing my Wallet! :grin:

Breakdown Time!: :tongue:

Gandalf Arrives: Looks like a good set to start off the theme with, I'll definitely get that one.

Shelob Attacks: Finally! A good giant Spider! Puts the old Aragog from HP to shame! :wub: This will also be one of my first sets.

Uruk-Hai army: Probably the only one I won't get. Not that much in it.

Attack on Weathertop: One of my favorites! It's got a nice shape to it, plus a new horse! :wub:

Mines of Moria: This is probably my favorite set, you get all the main characters from the Fellowship, plus there's a cool Ogre! :wub_drool:

Helm's Deep: This is my second favorite since it has a nice shape, plus it's my favorite seen from all the films.

TLG, you're killing my Wallet! :grin:

Glad you aren't going to buy the Uruk-Hai Army! That leaves more for me! :devil:

you left out your opinion on the orc forge?

that looks like one of my favorites, it will go well in my dwarven caves :sweet:

You left out your opinion on the Orc forge.

The orc forge and Uruk-Hai army will probably be passed on by those who only want the Fellowship. (Like me.)

The orc forge and Uruk-Hai army will probably be passed on by those who only want the Fellowship. (Like me.)

I actually plan on buying two of each of these sets. Gotta build up a good Orc army, don't want my Helm's Deep display looking lame!

Also, on the topic of orcs, what weapons do people expect the basic Mordor orcs to have. We haven't seen them up close, but I really hope they make a new Orc scimitar mold,rather than just use the ridiculously cartoonish and oversized Castle Troll sword. I actually think one of the goblins in Moria is holding a flail...

Edited by Fives

Glad you aren't going to buy the Uruk-Hai Army! That leaves more for me! :devil:

:roflmao:

you left out your opinion on the orc forge?

There's a pic of the Orc Forge? :moar: I didn't see one. Depending on what it looks like, I'll might get it.

Pic of the Orc Forge here. :classic:

Having thought this over I think I"m going to get one of the Helm's Deep set and then 2 each of the Uruk-hai Army and Weathertop sets to mod in as the Deeping Wall and cliffs, respectively. I think think the Helm's Deep really has a lot of potential, it looks like a shell right now but it could be almost MOC - quality with some modding.

I like the new orc blade and shield, but the deeping wall on the helm's deep set upsets me. At least we have the uruk-hai battlepack to make a longer wall. Can't wait to see hi-res pictures of all the sets especialy orc forge and Moria.

I like the new orc blade and shield, but the deeping wall on the helm's deep set upsets me. At least we have the uruk-hai battlepack to make a longer wall. Can't wait to see hi-res pictures of all the sets especialy orc forge and Moria.

That's why the deeping wall is short, and the Uruk-Hai army has a wall segment.

I like the new orc blade and shield, but the deeping wall on the helm's deep set upsets me.

Just because of its length? it being longer wouldn't make sense, its the easiest place to save money on the set without sacrificing design. also its the part easiest extended seeing as the pieces are really common and build easy.

Lego has covered the 2 unique parts of the wall: The drain thing and the little

part pointing out that is covered in the "uruk hai army"

It should be noted that the uruk hai army wall should be put btween the main castle and the rest of the wall for movie acuracy.

Edited by deskp

It should be noted that the uruk hai army wall should be put btween the main castle and the rest of the wall for movie acuracy.

Good to know. Thanks!

Any details about the "orc forge" available?

Piece count, figs count, etc...

Edited by narbilu

Any details about the "orc forge" available?

Piece count, figs count, etc...

5 orcs is what we've heard from london toy fair. Orcs meaning both traditional orcs and uruk-hai

No Saruman? Awww...

You'll have to wait for another wave to pick Saruman up. He hasn't been announced to be in any sets yet.