wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

The more I look at Helms Deep, the more I need it.

Shelob is great too. At first I thought would not buy it.

Now Im sure I will.

Goodbye wallet. :cry_happy:

Has anybody noticed how Eomer and the Rohirrim soldier both use the same helmet, or at least similar ones?

Perhaps we're getting a Royal Guard of Rohan in the set, since Eomer's helmet and theirs are very similar to each other.

Regular Rohirrim soldiers have quite a lot of different helmets, but can easily be made with existing pieces, so it would be fantastic if we'ld be getting a

Royal Guard of Rohan in the 'Uruk-hai Army' set.

~ General Magma

Has anybody noticed how Eomer and the Rohirrim soldier both use the same helmet, or at least similar ones?

Perhaps we're getting a Royal Guard of Rohan in the set, since Eomer's helmet and theirs are very similar to each other.

Regular Rohirrim soldiers have quite a lot of different helmets, but can easily be made with existing pieces, so it would be fantastic if we'ld be getting a

Royal Guard of Rohan in the 'Uruk-hai Army' set.

~ General Magma

It appears they all use Theoden helmet mold. Eomers helmet isnt that similar to royal guards, I'd say theodens helmet looks more like royal guard helmets.

These look amazing, looking forward to some good close-ups. :cry_happy:

And it looks like there's a new pony in the 'Gandalf Arrives' set!

It's quite obvious that it's not a horse, since it's roughly the size of Frodo. (Height)

The pony's legs are shorter as well, so that's another new mold we can take into note, then.

I just hope the horse's heads are not entirely new, though,

or else not very different from the old ones. This is because of all the old horses I have, but then again.. I'm giving the old horses I have a helmet so

it won't be hard to hide the old one's heads to effectively use them along with the new ones.

And, is that a new 'half of a carrot' piece I spot?

Look at Merry's hand and you'll know what I mean. And I'm sure that Sting is a new mold, whereas Merry uses the gladiator sword in the Weathertop set.

And now, after a look at those Uruk-hai, it's confirmed that they use pearl dark grey armor. Much better - I feared that they were planning to use dark bluish grey.

Shelob looks pretty great, but I just hope they'll change the wires to white.. Black would be very inaccurate. :sceptic:

Hopefully someone will jump in here and show us some good close-ups of every set,

I'm not sure if I can wait for another week.. :look::tongue:

For that, we're getting the 'Uruk-hai Attack' set.

~ General Magma

I think the Ringwrath's horses have Kingdoms helmets. Thus, the heads are the same.

Shelob looks impressive, I was a bit affraid it was going to turn out as Shelob (Hagrid's Hut set).

Helm's Deep, hoping for more detail inside. The walls seem brick build (not the large elements), that would realy be a nice feature.

Moria's mines, no comments other than the cavetroll is :cry_happy:

Really can't wait for the release... really!

I think the Ringwrath's horses have Kingdoms helmets. Thus, the heads are the same.

I think that could be very possible.

Would also be a good idea on TLC's part (other than keeping the old heads so they go well with all LEGO system horses),

since the horses have kind of an angrier look that way. I just hope that the eyes will be red on the Nazgûl's horses.

~ General Magma

W...wait! Where are the pictures, on that link the guy said he removed them! :cry_sad: Or am I just missing something?

Don't worry, there are plenty of sites which still have them (or rather it as there is just one picture of LotR) - fbtb, for instance.

Theoden's helmet looks quite accurate; I wouldn't mind if they used it for Eomer as well as long as the overall appearance is pleasing.

Edited by Emperor

Don't worry, there are plenty of sites which still have them (or rather it as there is just one picture of LotR) - fbtb, for instance.

Theoden's helmet looks quite accurate; I wouldn't mind if they used it for Eomer as well as long as the overall appearance is pleasing.

Oooh thank you! The sets look beautiful! :sweet:

It looks like Frodo is wearing his jacket and vest in the Shelob set. Shouldn't he be wearing just his shirt (or his shirt and vest alone)? I know it's a small nitpick but I'd love to get as many variations of the characters in different outfits as possible. But maybe that's just me...

Sadly, I missed all the pics except the one on FBTB but the sets look fantastic from what I can tell from that photo.

It looks like Frodo is wearing his jacket and vest in the Shelob set. Shouldn't he be wearing just his shirt (or his shirt and vest alone)? I know it's a small nitpick but I'd love to get as many variations of the characters in different outfits as possible. But maybe that's just me...

Sadly, I missed all the pics except the one on FBTB but the sets look fantastic from what I can tell from that photo.

I'm pretty sure Frodo is supposed to have his jacket in the shelob scene, it's the gandalf scene where he just has a shirt and suspenders.

I'm pretty sure Frodo is supposed to have his jacket in the shelob scene, it's the gandalf scene where he just has a shirt and suspenders.

Here are two pics I found of Frodo from the Shelob scene:

Frodo-Shelobs-Lair.jpg

frodo_202.jpg

You are right about the Gandalf scene, though. By my reckoning, we should have 3 variations of Frodo in this wave.

Edited by newwavejunkie

This exactly the reason I'm hoping for battle packs. My brother used to have the GW collection and he gave me the books and sold his collection. So with enough battle packs, we can start playing again in a Lego scenery :) can't wait...

If you like tabletop battle games and Legos I would also recommend Brikwars ( http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/cover.htm ). Parts, sets and minifigs from all the LotR line are going to be getting some use in the gaming group I'm in.

Sorry to get a bit off topic.

Is it June yet?

I think that could be very possible.

Would also be a good idea on TLC's part (other than keeping the old heads so they go well with all LEGO system horses),

since the horses have kind of an angrier look that way. I just hope that the eyes will be red on the Nazgûl's horses.

~ General Magma

They likely will be, as they have been making many new horse prints lately. (Wave II of Kingdoms)

I'm glad to see the base of helms deep is brick built.

Yeah, it looks really nice and fits with the whole aesthetic of the films. From the London Toy Fair photo it looked like the Orc Forge had something similar going on.

I saved LotR, SW, Monster Fighters, and one Friends picture. Why do you ask?

Because of a comment you made in the SW thread. I wanted to see the fourth fig in the Republic Striker Starfighter.

W...wait! Where are the pictures, on that link the guy said he removed them! :cry_sad: Or am I just missing something?

and now the pictures are gone :hmpf_bad:

Did anyone save the pics of themes other than LotR?

I've restored the picture by hosting a copy on Eurobricks (see our frontpage).

Thanks for the pictures!

I Like the new horses, the use of sand green and the giant spider, I just hope it's face is printed and not stickered.

I'm not so confidant about the new troll yet. I also wonder if there will be any smaller sets in this line.

Shelob is the only must buy for me right now.

If you take a good look to the Shelob there is a wheel underneath her body. Does this mean that you can swivel the legs or something. Look like an interesting play-feature for the kids.

And on top of the picture, you can see the minifigures lined up. Too bad we can't get a good view of them ;)

I noticed that too -- looks like a technic gear of some sort. I wonder if it connects to a spool inside to reel in the string web she wraps around frodo.

Nice picture. Helm's Deep looks much better than I originally anticipated, and the castle wall seems fairly useful. You can always use castle walls, after all.

I look forward to even better pictures.