Masked Builder

Jedi Temple Mafia - Day One

So, not much of 'reasons' or a 'suspect list' there, but lots of 'evident to see'. :laugh:

You have entirely missed the point of that post I made, as I already said those were my preliminary suspects and my reasons why I suspected them were based on those suspicious comments I quoted from them. Their own words they themselves said are my reasons for suspecting them, not myself just formulating random accusations.

That said, as the discussion progressed and after I reviewed what had been said 10+ plus pages , I was able to more firmly place a FoS on the ones who I think might be Sith.

That first post you quoted for your reason of being suspicions of me was my preliminary suspect list (which was being encouraged for everyone to do rather than remain silent) that could undergo refinement as I saw necessary, just as many others have already done.

I think you are just trying to over analyze something that just isn't there with zero basis for it and trying to appear helpful by doing so. :sceptic:

Huh, a lot of things have been going on since my internet stopped working I went to my chambers. Along with Master Corobb, I find it suspicious that Master Windu has not made some sort of defense against the accusations. I wonder what the future will bring. How long is there until the voting stops?

"Also, Master Windu, PLEASE just SAY something already! I don't want to vote for you until you've had a chance to defend yourself, but if you don't show up, I may have to. :sceptic: "

Ok I shall say something and help you townies in the process because I'm rather pissed off.

FoS: Mace Windu (Nightshroud99)

That's not the reason. This case was originally presented to me by Coryn in private, but as he appears to be asleep, I will paraphrase his breakdown of Mace's statements:

First, he repeats a suspicion others had already stated. Repeating important things that others have said is an easy way for Scum to appear to contribute something to the discussion.

This is a very defensive statement. Someone calls out his behavior, so he concedes the point and then provides an excuse for his action.

This statement, again, is defensive: "Oh, I know, you're right, I agree with you, and I was just pointing something out, and I wasn't really doing what you said was suspicious." Players who often agree with others are often Scum trying to win others' favor.

He looks like he's accusing someone, but then he claims uncertainty, continuing to sit on the fence, and leaving himself the option of voting or not voting for his 'suspect', based on what the Town appears to be doing, and providing himself an excuse if the one he accused turns out Town.

And a continuation of the breakdown, by myself:

So he basically repeats what others have said and condemns those who don't add anything to the discussion, when, in fact, he didn't add anything to the discussion, either.

Oh, now it's no longer something suspicious or something odd or something to dwell on, now it's just a "gut feeling".

Again, repetition of accusations others have made.

There's always something to add. There are multiple sides to this discussion. Stop sitting on the fence, decide what your view is, and tell us why you think what you think. Argue with us. Discuss with us. Do something other than repeat what we've said.

Gee thanks father. Thank you for throwing me under the bus so easily without any discussion on our writeboard. :angry: I shot myself in the foot today, yes, but you could have at least tried to support me later on, without going behind my back and laying out my faults for the whole temple to see. No honor among sith it seems.

I really don't care anymore about this temple and you worthless Jedi. I am going to Vote: C-3PO (Brickdoctor)

You people want to do the same, then fine vote C-3PO my esteemed master out, because I’m the usurper you jerk.

I’ve just done everybody a favor right now so how about you guys do me a favor so that I at least achieve my win condition, vote brickdoctor off and then the vig can come and kill me tonight.

Ok I shall say something and help you townies in the process because I'm rather pissed off.

Gee thanks father. Thank you for throwing me under the bus so easily without any discussion on our writeboard. :angry: I shot myself in the foot today, yes, but you could have at least tried to support me later on, without going behind my back and laying out my faults for the whole temple to see. No honor among sith it seems.

I really don't care anymore about this temple and you worthless Jedi. I am going to Vote: C-3PO (Brickdoctor)

You people want to do the same, then fine vote C-3PO my esteemed master out, because I’m the usurper you jerk.

I’ve just done everybody a favor right now so how about you guys do me a favor so that I at least achieve my win condition, vote brickdoctor off and then the vig can come and kill me tonight.

Oh geez, there's too much stuff to talk about here. First off, :rofl::laugh_hard:

Then, the rant.

Okay, here's what I see, Master Windu. You just confirmed you're Scum, apparently, and that C-3P0's the Godfather. Now, I've had a few suspicions of my own about 3P0, but what you're saying is so incredibly stupid that now I'm not suspicious of him at all. How's that for a win condition? :laugh:

"What. The. Kark."

"Good grief. Are we going to have to call this a misgame?" :look:

"You know, All you had to do was give a convincing speech, and you would have slipped beneath my radar in favor of Seosty or Monn. :hmpf: "

"What do you say, gang? Who do we vote out today (if we even continue)? C-3PO or Master Windu?"

Wow. *huh*

I don't know how to react to this, apart from *Yay, I was right in suspecting Mace*. Wow. This is a very interesting development, which concretes my trust in those who voted for Mace as I was preparing too. Now, I'm not to sure who to vote for. I think voting Mace is still safer, but this changes the whole dynamic of the day and gives us allot to go on in hunting down the other scum. I'm kind of disappointing you gave up though, mace, I really, almost didn't vote for you in favor of Voolvif Monn. So now the question arises, is it safer to vote off C-3P0 in a lynch mob when none of his scummy friends can protect him (if they have a protector) or do we even believe Mace? I won't cast my vote just yet. I want to hear some other responses.

"Oh, and if ANYONE mentions a character similar to Master Secura, I will personally disembowel you. Not that Master Secura is necessarily innocent, mind you, but...let's just not bring it up, OK? Thank you. :wink: "

Whoa did that just happen? So Windu you're saying that C-3PO is the sith godfather and that you are in fact the sith usurper? I guess that's pretty much a winning day for the jedi...

Well this... uhh.. Okay. I'd been following most of this, and paid some mind to the suspicions that were popping up more frequently about Master Windu, but still held my own suspicions more prominently. This, though, well there's only so much that can be said, without delving into the realm of what-ifs and hypotheticals.

As may be prudent, I'll FoS: Mace Windu (Nightshroud99)... heh

"Oh, and if ANYONE mentions a character similar to Master Secura, I will personally disembowel you. Not that Master Secura is necessarily innocent, mind you, but...let's just not bring it up, OK? Thank you. :wink: "

I'm sorry, but I am terribly confused by this. What? What do you mean? Would you mind clarifying, this looks like a total non sequitur.

I'm sorry, but I am terribly confused by this. What? What do you mean? Would you mind clarifying, this looks like a total non sequitur.

"Do not worry, that was more of a semi-out-of-character statement reference to a situation that should not be brought up again than anything particularly relevant to OUR situation." :wink:

"Emphasis on 'should not be brought up again.' Let's move to the matter at hand, namely:"

"Mace Windu or C-3PO?"

*snip*

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is by far the most hilarious thing I have EVER seen. :iamded_lol::grin: Thanks for the confession, scummo! :sweet::thumbup:

Okay, let me explain what all's been going on, shall I? :sweet:

So, early today, Windu messaged me saying "Oh, please don't lynch me! I have a role!" in an incredibly scummy way (using his inexperience as an excuse, etc.). I of course messaged him back telling him that I wanted his head, and that he'd have to claim something pretty damn good in order to save his megablocks. He claimed roleblocker. I was a bit wary to lynch him after this, because I doubted the scum would claim blocker when there's probably a town blocker still out there.

I then continued to reaction test him with various things such as "I'm so gullible, I bet someone on your team told you to claim to me so you could get out of being lynched! :laugh:", and his reactions were nowhere near town. After this, I told him that I was 99% sure on him, and that he needed to convince me he was town if he didn't want to get killed, and then he comes out with this in public instead of responding to me! :laugh_hard:

Here's my theory: Mace Windu is the scum blocker who knew he was being lynched so he tried to take down a townie with him. I think it's very unlikely that the scum blocker is also a usurper, but even if he is, he's outed another one for us, so it's all good. :thumbup: And don't anybody worry about 3PO! I've been talking to him, and I believe him to be town, but I have a hunch there are methods of proving someone's allegiance other than just investigation, so if 3PO's not town, we'll know pretty soon. :sweet:

So, for this reason, I must urge everyone to VOTE FOR MACE WINDU TODAY. DO NOT WASTE YOUR VOTES ON 3PO. We actually have a confession from Windu, so he's the only confirmed scum.

"Do not worry, that was more of a semi-out-of-character statement reference to a situation that should not be brought up again than anything particularly relevant to OUR situation." :wink:

"Emphasis on 'should not be brought up again.' Let's move to the matter at hand, namely:"

"Mace Windu or C-3PO?"

Tough call. Do we let Master Windu live, gambling on him not having a night action and knowing that he likely won't survive to see a second night, and instead pursue a different suspect (which may be C-3PO, or may be someone else)? Or do we just call it a day with Master Windu?

The former could be a big risk, but the latter wouldn't really tell us much that we haven't already been handed on a silver platter.

Tough call. Do we let Master Windu live, gambling on him not having a night action and knowing that he likely won't survive to see a second night, and instead pursue a different suspect (which may be C-3PO, or may be someone else)? Or do we just call it a day with Master Windu?

The former could be a big risk, but the latter wouldn't really tell us much that we haven't already been handed on a silver platter.

We lynch Mace Windu, no questions asked. I'm seriously considering that anyone who even brings up the idea of lynching 3PO is scum. Don't get on my blacklist. :sweet:

"Well, then, all things considered, I'm convinced Mace Windu is Scum, and anything he says is suspect, so..."

FoS Vote: Mace Windu (Nightshroud99)

"You said it yourself, Windubag, you're Sith. Why should we do you any favors?"

Firstly I would like to apologize to Anakin for being so pushy there. :blush: I just don't want the town to let this confirmed scum go.

Secondly, something just occurred to me: Since Mace is confirmed scum, why should we believe anything he says? Anything at all? It's in scum's best interests to lie, and since Mace is scum, that's what he's doing.

"I'm honestly shocked by the speechlessness we've seen here. Even though Windu's claim against C-3PO is doubtful at best, I'd even welcome discussion about that as opposed to stunned silence. We are Jedi, we have all faced darkness before! Let us bravely continue to debate other suspects, even though we already know we should and will lynch Master Windu today, so that tomorrow we have plenty of evidence on which to draw! :sweet: "

Well Master Windu is definitely a scum, no matter what he says, he is a confirmed lynch.. Vote: Mace Windu (Nightshroud99). This is what happens when you pressure people to talk. This is a mighty help for what is usually a townie lynch on the first day. :sweet:

I had hoped to hear from all of our suspects before voting, but I think Mace Windu has said more than enough.

I know that the evidence against C-3PO is pretty damning ( :laugh: ) but I think I'll

Vote: Mace Windu (Nightshroud99)

Firstly I would like to apologize to Anakin for being so pushy there. :blush: I just don't want the town to let this confirmed scum go.

Secondly, something just occurred to me: Since Mace is confirmed scum, why should we believe anything he says? Anything at all? It's in scum's best interests to lie, and since Mace is scum, that's what he's doing.

Oh, no worries Coryn. I made sure to say "or may be someone else" because, for the most part, I feel that 3PO has been a valuable ally of the Jedi today.

As for the chance of Windu speaking lies or truth, it is entirely possible that he has truly abandoned the ways of our Order entirely, and let his emotions get the best of him. In such a situation, he might claw at anyone and anything that he can, bringing them down with him, even his allies whom he believes betrayed him. But that is an unlikely scenario (and only mentioned so as to provide a possible answer to your question, not to defend the truth of his accusation at all).

As I noted before, lynching Windu will not tell us anything that we don't already know now (unless someone is foolish enough to step up and defend him before the sun sets). I am suspicious of his role claim to you, and believe we will only be lynching one of the Sith Lord's goons. Not that it's a bad thing at all to eliminate one of the Sith.

"Click, chirp chirp chirp!" (First, yay, free scum! :sweet: )

This is ridiculous and one of the scummiest things I have seen. "Oh! I'm so sorry I voted, I didn't know. Here are a couple suggestions of other people you can all vote for." Seriously? Oh, well, you're still not incredibly high on my scum list, but you're rising slowly but surely.

What?!? You want people to vote for someone who you now suspect so that your vote won't stand. Please do not ask others to vote or not vote for anyone. It's annoying. Let everyone decide on their own. If we think Ahsoka is worthy of a lynch, we will lynch her and if we think Master Windu is worthy of a lynch, then we will lynch him.

"Tweet screech chirp click clack chirp chirp." (Next, my defense: I DID NOT say "I'm so sorry, I didn't know!" I explained my reasoning [that being that I was aware of three prominent suspects and was attempting to avoid a penalty should a conviction be reached in the 12+ hours I was meditating], then apologized for my rash decisions. I also pointed out those who looked scummy to me, in order to help get the discussion rolling, The more bolded FoSs on them a Scum sees, the more pressure he feels and the more likely he is to slip up. Also, I already explained this to Droid Threepio earlier in the thread, which you would know had you been paying attention. Additionally, I vaguely recall someone FoSing me citing the same reasons you have, then also saying I had thrown out posts of pointless chirps and clicks, a false statement. All my chirps and clicks are meaningful and spoken in an attempt to add to the discussion. (i.e., all have had translations. R2 is the one who started with just boops.) If you are referring to posts you believe as useless, and not random noises as I thought, then most of my "uslesser" sounding posts have already been questioned and then explained by me.)

"Screech click click chirpity chirp chirp chirp." (As for Threepio... I think a vig-kill would be justified, but personally I think Windu may just be trying to bring an active, pro-town player with him.)

I know that the evidence against C-3PO is pretty damning ( :laugh: )

"Please tell me that's sarcasm...That's sarcasm, right? :look: "

"Please tell me that's sarcasm...That's sarcasm, right? :look: "

:wacko: Is this sarcasm? It was meant to be a joke considering that I was laughing while I said it :wink:

:wacko: Is this sarcasm? It was meant to be a joke considering that I was laughing while I said it :wink:

Watch yourself, Snips, haven't you gotten yourself into enough trouble already today? Ha ha!

"OK, thanks for the clarification. :wink: "