sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

On 1/18/2018 at 9:18 AM, autorazr said:

They're in my pile of approx. 100 purist customs to take pics of.  I don't find the picture taking process as fun as making them so i let it build up over a long period of time and take pics of a few at at time.  Lego is just my third most time consuming hobby, I'll get around to it someday

The fact that there are 100 unseen autorazr figs out there makes me feel the same way I felt when I found out that there's an entire season of Invader Zim that went unproduced. It's like knowing that your grandma just made a pie and she's saving you a piece, but when will you see her? What if your jaw is wired shut by then?? I think I'm describing an addiction to pain killers???

50 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The fact that there are 100 unseen autorazr figs out there makes me feel the same way I felt when I found out that there's an entire season of Invader Zim that went unproduced. It's like knowing that your grandma just made a pie and she's saving you a piece, but when will you see her? What if your jaw is wired shut by then?? I think I'm describing an addiction to pain killers???

Hahahaha, maybe I'll take a pic of the pile later just to give ya a taste of the buildup I've got going on.

11 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

Ah ok. I was just curious. Sorry if that sounded rude

No problem dude, I try not to imagine at all what a person's tone is when interacting online, I know sometimes the way people write it can be hard to infer the meaning so I just don't even try.  I just assume everyone is being nice and awesome all the time.

Sorry if I'm in the middle of something, its a pretty boring idea but could someone possibly post a picture of comic Aquaman (neutral face side) with the Flash minidoll's hairpiece? Its just Cavill Superman's hair in normal yellow and comes in a DC girls set so its understandable if no one has it.

6 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

and comes in a DC girls set so its understandable if no one has it.

Woowww, shots fired :cannon:

So the S18 pictures leaked and here are some initial ideas

•  The Brick Guy’s hair could be used for Hal Jordan
  • The Balloon Clown’s bow tie and hat (if reversed) are practically made for Jervis Tetch
  • The Spider-Man’s head could probably be used for Brother Blood or Chronos
Edited by Duncan Young

Cat lady’s torso and legs might work for a Black Cat figure.

Spider guy’s limbs, if it is a neck attatchment, could work for Madame Web.

Dragon guy with a swapped out head could work for TMNT villain Drako or Ultimate Drako.

Edited by Legocity2713

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Dragon guy with a swapped out head could work for TMNT villain Drako or Ultimate Drako.

Glad I got so many spare Orcas

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Glad I got so many spare Orcas

Oh wow, hadn’t even thought of that. That would work perfectly!

Edited by Legocity2713

On 1/25/2018 at 6:13 PM, Duncan Young said:

So the S18 pictures leaked and here are some initial ideas

•  The Brick Guy’s hair could be used for Hal Jordan
  • The Balloon Clown’s bow tie and hat (if reversed) are practically made for Jervis Tetch
  • The Spider-Man’s head could probably be used for Brother Blood or Chronos

On 1/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Cat lady’s torso and legs might work for a Black Cat figure.

Spider guy’s limbs, if it is a neck attatchment, could work for Madame Web.

Those are great! That hair is definitely getting a test-run on my Hal, and I know the already hungry Mad Hatter fans will have a dozen different versions of that figure going after that releases. It actually makes me wonder whether we'll see an official Mad Hatter soon, since that hat molded in that color seems awfully convenient. Those would be absolutely perfect on Black Cat, especially combined with the '66 Catwoman head and Storm's hair. 

The cactus guy and flower girl seem like perfect Ivy henchmen (couple them with some of the flytrap guys from the Halloween wave and you'd start to wonder how she hasn't gotten a set to herself in so long), the little boy's hair seems like a much sleeker alternative to that spy's from series 16 (getting it in brown would be perfect for Hawkeye, but I'm not too sure who could use that blond), and I definitely wanna use that cat mask to make Tomcat! The little girl's hair would be nice for Query and Echo!

I just uploaded a handful of new figures!
Lightray

Owlman (Roy Raymond Jr.)

Marvin and Wendy

Black Canary III (CW)

Static (Milestone)

Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

B'wana Beast

John Constantine

Static (DC)

Gear

For anyone who's been around here for awhile, you might remember that I pitched that Static figure all of four years ago, and have only just now got the pieces to make him myself! That old Nightwing hair is not cheap :grin:

Ooo, nice work! The Challengers are such a wonderfully obscure pull, and you did them wonderfully! That Ka-Zar is fantastic, too! A lot of Ka-Zar figures are practically interchangeable with Kamandi, but yours is very distinctly Ka-Zar - even to someone like me who barely knows he exists!

On 3-1-2018 at 11:18 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

24597855997_ebfb45c6f2_z.jpgTropical Joker by PlutoGator

I've seen at least two Tropical Joker mods, but neither without purple gloves and the actual Killing Joke head.

Nice one, but he's wearing shorts in the comic when he shoots Babs.

5 hours ago, Cobb said:

Nice one, but he's wearing shorts in the comic when he shoots Babs.

I know, its just that it bothered me that he's wearing sandals, which looked worse when he's also wearing gloves. I was about to paint orange shoes over them but I'm inexperienced with painting on lego so I decided to stay purist and just use all purple legs like in the first lego Batman game.

These might be stretching the definition of "figures", but they're all Marvel characters, so I thought it was okay. If not, I'll take them down.

Colossus

Lego Colossus

Blob and Juggernaut

Lego Blob and Juggernaut

Ego The Living Planet (Star-Lord for scale)

Lego Ego the Living Planet

Edited by Schwa

I like them but I think they'd fit better in linseed themes as a moc rather than here as custom minifigures.

8 hours ago, Schwa said:

These might be stretching the definition of "figures", but they're all Marvel characters, so I thought it was okay. If not, I'll take them down.

This isn't the first time we've had some brick-built figures of bigger characters here, and none of them were ever made unwelcome! Just leave it to characters who need to be big :grin:

Thanks for the clarification!

All who fear...

'All who fear..."

...burn at the Man-Thing's touch!

Edited by Schwa

On 29-1-2018 at 12:11 AM, steveholt said:

Hmm i had hoped that the white ninjago hairpiece would look great on a custom tombstone but i am not sure. But nevertheless great tombstone. 

Also nice Tinkerer. If you want to make those aliens he collaberates with you can use the antennae headpiece from killer moth

Ka-zar is great too. Never liked the character so much in the comics, but now i have the feeling that i need him too lol

Calling it now: the upcoming Tron guy's torso, with Black Vulcan's head, is the start of an awesome Black Lightning purist figure.