Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Even though FBTB states that "these figures will NOT be available in any future set", I still hope that this is not the case.

I completly despise the CC exclusive figures. I see myself as a collector and also really like the figures, but it is impossible for me to fly to America every year to visit the CC only to get the chance to get these exclusive figures Lego bashes out every year. Toy Fair figures tend to reappear in events of stores. Some figures come with videogames. I'm fine with the later two, because they are not bound to one place. I have a Lego Store an hour away from me. You might say that I should buy CC figures from brickset then, so that I don't have to fly to America, but the price of those rare figures is so high that I could just take that flight for a holiday.

Lego should definitely change their distribution of figures. I'm fine when the figures appear 1 or even 2 years later in a set, but as far as it looks, the figures of this year and also the ones of last year (Iron Man and Cap) will never be seen again. And this is what disturbs me.

Source

I agree completely. If they never release Venom in a set, I'll be broken hearted (I just hope FBTB are wrong. And Venom is an integral Marvel villain, to only release him for a Comic-Con in limited numbers would not be a wise business move at all). I really hope Phoenix reappears in a set too, but I'm not too fussed about Bizarro, not a fan of the character.

These minifigs look good at first glance, but they're not something I'd scream for. What is there going to be at the NY Comic-Con anyway?

Even though FBTB states that "these figures will NOT be available in any future set", I still hope that this is not the case.

I completly despise the CC exclusive figures. I see myself as a collector and also really like the figures, but it is impossible for me to fly to America every year to visit the CC only to get the chance to get these exclusive figures Lego bashes out every year. Toy Fair figures tend to reappear in events of stores. Some figures come with videogames. I'm fine with the later two, because they are not bound to one place. I have a Lego Store an hour away from me. You might say that I should buy CC figures from brickset then, so that I don't have to fly to America, but the price of those rare figures is so high that I could just take that flight for a holiday.

Lego should definitely change their distribution of figures. I'm fine when the figures appear 1 or even 2 years later in a set, but as far as it looks, the figures of this year and also the ones of last year (Iron Man and Cap) will never be seen again. And this is what disturbs me.

Source

I agree its ridiculous. Even more so when the exclusive figure is based on the characters most iconic look.

Personally, I highly doubt that these figs will 'never be released in a set'. Sure, perhaps not that EXACT fig, but Lego would be plain stupid to never put such fan-favorites like Venom, Bizarro, Jean and Shazam! in future sets. If this is truly the case and we never see these 4 figs ever again, then Lego apparently isn't the ingenious, creative company I thought they were. :sadnew:

I agree with the others saying that LEGO will eventually release these minifigs. Venom is one of the most iconic Spiderman/Marvel villains, so making it only as an exclusive figure would be a terrible move for them. BTW, will the Man of Steel sets be in the next wave? If so, maybe we'll get a sneak peek of the redesigned Superman minifig.

I'm gonna guess that one fig they show of this year may be a larger mould. I'm thinking a lot of justice league stuff after the Lego Batman Videogame: DC superheroes. It will be interesting to see the ratio this year of x-men to Spiderman to Avengers figs this year. Last year it was pretty much THE AVENGERS and wolverine! Hopefully Lego give a good variety to the figs like some fan favourites, some major characters and a couple of interesting obscure characters.

We also got Deadpool and we're getting Iron Fist. We HAVE some obscure/fan favorite characters. I'm not opposed to more, but I think I'd rather get iconic characters first.

I've just read this article that says thet LEGO will present a different theme each day, it says that Superheroes will be shown this Friday. You can read it here: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lego-systems-celebrates-a-new-theme-each-day-at-san-diego-comic-con-2012-07-11

Hate to burst your bubble, but that was mentioned a few pages ago. :classic:

Personally, I highly doubt that these figs will 'never be released in a set'. Sure, perhaps not that EXACT fig, but Lego would be plain stupid to never put such fan-favorites like Venom, Bizarro, Jean and Shazam! in future sets. If this is truly the case and we never see these 4 figs ever again, then Lego apparently isn't the ingenious, creative company I thought they were. :sadnew:

I have no doubt we'll see the characters in sets down the line. What bothers me is the version of that character they chose as the exclusive.

Using Jean Grey as an example - we can see her released in her regular X-Men uniform, as Marvel Girl or as Dark Phoenix. But we're never going to get her in her green Phoenix costume which is arguably her most iconic look. In a way I feel cheated. If Lego wanted to release an exclusive Jean Grey a better choice would have been the less iconic White Phoenix version.

Source

Why does a toy company have to offer everything to everyone? It's a gift to those attending. It's not Legos fault people can or can't travel to these events. It's simply a prize for those that do. I'd like to have these figs, but I'm not owed them. I hope they get rereleased down the line, otherwise I'll pick them up on the secondary market. They are available, but it's on you if you choose not to buy.

Sorry for the rant.

I just think it is dumb on LEGO's part to not try to profit off of these figs. They obviously know how much some of them have gone for on the secondary market so I just don't know why LEGO wouldn't want to capitalize on some really cool figs.

So they make these 1,000 figs of Venom that are never going to be in a set, so only those 1,000 people will get this iconic character in LEGO form. However they could instead say alright he is exclusive for now, but may be released later and then down the road they make a set with Venom in it and sell it for $50. A whole lot of people will buy that set just for Venom regardless of other figs and what the build is (for the most part) since he is such an iconic villain. There is a lot of money to be made in these superhero figs. It is not just LEGO fans buying them.

Edited by Spider-Man

Oh one final thing to get the opposite syndrome out of my head:

Bizarro SpiderSpaceman am drying him pants in boredom over prospect of old minifigure reveals.

Why does a toy company have to offer everything to everyone? It's a gift to those attending. It's not Legos fault people can or can't travel to these events. It's simply a prize for those that do. I'd like to have these figs, but I'm not owed them. I hope they get rereleased down the line, otherwise I'll pick them up on the secondary market. They are available, but it's on you if you choose not to buy.

Sorry for the rant.

So you like paying 100.00+ for a minifigure?

I do not. These are characters that are part of marvel and dc history. They appeal to lego collectors and comic collectors. They should not be exclusive to a con and never appear in a set. From a business stand point it makes no sense to limit these to 1000 and give them away, when you could shove them in a polybag, put them on your website with x amount purchase required or put them in a set. I realize this is to drive interest to the lego panel's but to never include these in a set is ridiculous. I would love a shazam mini figure but at 100.00+ for something someone paid nothing for....I dont think so. Thats not to say it has no value.

Hopefully these make it to a set even if they have to make some change to the minifigure so they can keep the other exclusive.

Sorry for the rant.

It's not just that, it's just most of us are angry because the ones they chose to be exclusive happen to be 4 of the most popular comics characters in Marvel and DC.

On the topic of Venom, I would rather have a normal sized fig, with the S6 Alien's head. Just a thought.

It's not just that, it's just most of us are angry because the ones they chose to be exclusive happen to be 4 of the most popular comics characters in Marvel and DC.

...I DO hope you all realize LEGO has never said they won't make minifigures of these characters available in sets... Remember Superman last year, or even Batman for that matter?

Although to me it just looks like black suited Spider-Man :( I was really lookin forward to Venom. But Spideys cool anyway.

A bit late, CM. :tongue: Anyhow, I really love the black-suited Spidey/Venom figure. Very stylish!

At least I deeplinked them, :look:

-Sci