Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

The videogame screenshot is not from a movie tie in game but rather a avangers game that was supposed to be released around same time.

And the toys arn't said to be from the enemy movie

But obv the screenshot from the trailer is real.. but its been known about since superbowl.

That sucks. I was really hoping to get this version.

Anyway, I just saw a Captain America and a Wolverine Minifig on eBay. It look s like there are definitely no wings. :sad:

So when do you think we will get pictures of the Spiderman set. We already know the name, but does anyone know what the price and how many pieces there will be.

So when do you think we will get pictures of the Spiderman set. We already know the name, but does anyone know what the price and how many pieces there will be.

I think that we will get pictures around the release time, like the Funhouse. I don't know about price or piece count though.

I wish that we had a mix of the two, a green bowler had, but with a question mark, and a torso like the one we have, just not as muscular and with a large purple question mark (rather than black, both like the prototype). With purple hands, the current face, a "?" cane, and I think that would be the perfect Riddler. But of course, that's just my opinion.

I like the version that came with the funhouse. I'd much prefer the riddler with a smart green suit and the green bowler, I quite like how the current one breaks up the uniformity of the green spandex suit he comes in in the funhouse.

As for Captain America, I'll be glad if he doesn't have printed wings as the face mask/balaclava is so dark blue they wouldn't be brilliant white anyway and may appear smudged

I wish that we had a mix of the two, a green bowler had, but with a question mark, and a torso like the one we have, just not as muscular and with a large purple question mark (rather than black, both like the prototype). With purple hands, the current face, a "?" cane, and I think that would be the perfect Riddler. But of course, that's just my opinion.

This. I never remembered The Riddler to be very muscular, but I don't follow the comics, so I could be wrong. Plus, how hard could it have been to make a ? cane...I mean, they've released some great canes recently and completely dropped the ball on this one.

As for the Cap and Fury heads. I hope both points end in success. Cap has to have his wings. Same with Fury, it would be awesome if they made it wrap all the way around too!

I like the version that came with the funhouse. I'd much prefer the riddler with a smart green suit and the green bowler, I quite like how the current one breaks up the uniformity of the green spandex suit he comes in in the funhouse.

I like the Funhouse version too. It's just the muscles I dislike. I can tolerate small things like a black question mark and gray hat just because those are small personal preferences. The one in the funhouse seems to be spandex too, doesn't look very suit like to me. :sceptic:

Can someone show me a picture of the prototype Riddler being discussed? I can't seem to find one. :sceptic:

Here :classic:

After looking at my new Batcave and Funhouse sets, I started to really wish for a Manbat and Clayface fig, not to mention remakes of Penguin and Freeze. I was wondering, do we know of another DC wave coming up? I know we should be getting a set with that Green Lantern, hopefully....

After looking at my new Batcave and Funhouse sets, I started to really wish for a Manbat and Clayface fig, not to mention remakes of Penguin and Freeze. I was wondering, do we know of another DC wave coming up? I know we should be getting a set with that Green Lantern, hopefully....

Well, both the DC and Marvel licenses with LEGO are mulit-year. According to Variety.com, there will be a The Dark Knight Rises wave this Summer. A seemingly reliable source also said that there would be a large Superman set next year. So chances are that there will be more sets, at least that's what I think when I hear "multi-year deal."

I agree that I'd like to see those characters to, even though I'm concerned of how they'd do Mr. Freeze... :sick:

Edited by Superficial Username

I wish Mr Freeze does not undergo major changes, I liked how he was before.

It's a shame we have to wait till November do get new DC sets.. :sceptic:

Alright Lobot from Star Wars has printing on the side of his head to depict that machine thing.

There should be NO reason why Captain America shouldn't have his wings!!!

Lobots machine thing is more on the back than on the sides. LINK

they can print fron and back and since they ehad is round they can go abit on the sides, but where caps wings are I imagine would be a blind spot.

If you look at the box image youll see they wanted it on the sides link, but that is not how it ended up LINK

That should be proof enough that there IS a reason Captain America can't have wings.

Edited by deskp

Mr Freeze rerelease is going to be awesome, the original sets a high standard, hopefully a new one is similar if not better

Yeah, I hope that he comes in a nice set, if they make him at all. Of my three favorite Batman villains, we only got Two-Face this wave. I hope that Mr. Freeze and The Penguin are on the way, I guess that they had to save some good villains for next year/the summer.

Yeah, I hope that he comes in a nice set, if they make him at all. Of my three favorite Batman villains, we only got Two-Face this wave. I hope that Mr. Freeze and The Penguin are on the way, I guess that they had to save some good villains for next year/the summer.

Yeah I'd agree they needed to hold back the penguin, scarecrow and others so to sell sets off them. I hope next year brings a new bat suit variant too. If I'm honest though the second DC wave(If there are no TDKR sets) hopefully will be less Bat-centric and Superman,green lantern,Flash get their own or are included in sets. I also would like to see the riddler get his own set, as fantastic as the funhouse is he seems thrown in and deserves his own stage. I'd like catwoman to get a slightly bigger set too

Lobots machine thing is more on the back than on the sides. LINK

they can print fron and back and since they ehad is round they can go abit on the sides, but where caps wings are I imagine would be a blind spot.

If you look at the box image youll see they wanted it on the sides link, but that is not how it ended up LINK

That should be proof enough that there IS a reason Captain America can't have wings.

But we don't know if the Lobot figure is final though!!!

And you could always use the bat-creature from the up-and-coming 'Monster Fighter' theme as Manbat, like many here plan to. Here's a picture of the future mini-figure:

lego-monster-fighters-man-bat-picture.jpg?w=490&h=536

A good replacement, until an official release.

I think the "play maker" is just a comic book, since people were fed up with the crappy ones in the DC sets, they probably just changed the name to avoid controversy.

Edited by prateek

From what I can see from the character suggestions from the other thread there is definately a lot of good characters that can be released next year

That and it looks like all the prints were stickers still. Also I would hope that if they don't include the wing printing they would in a WW2 version.

From what I can see from the character suggestions from the other thread there is definately a lot of good characters that can be released next year

Yes, Mr. freeze, Penguin, Scarecrow and Killer Croc all deserve a re-do. I reeeeally hope we get a ManBat and Clayface also. But, as someone said earlier, I don't want it to be another Bat-centric wave and I do hope we some other DC figs. Especially Flash and Aquaman!! :sweet:

Yeah I'd agree they needed to hold back the penguin, scarecrow and others so to sell sets off them. I hope next year brings a new bat suit variant too. If I'm honest though the second DC wave(If there are no TDKR sets) hopefully will be less Bat-centric and Superman,green lantern,Flash get their own or are included in sets. I also would like to see the riddler get his own set, as fantastic as the funhouse is he seems thrown in and deserves his own stage. I'd like catwoman to get a slightly bigger set too

I think that Superman could have a large set, Daily Planet could work. Flash could also work in a small set, if they can come up with a vehicle for his nemisis (Captain Cold, right?). Green Lantern is a little more difficult for me to come up with something, but I guess he could always guest star. Better than not having him at all.

Both the DC and Marvel universes are large. This theme could go on for years (not that I see it going on too long).

Yes, Mr. freeze, Penguin, Scarecrow and Killer Croc all deserve a re-do. I reeeeally hope we get a ManBat and Clayface also. But, as someone said earlier, I don't want it to be another Bat-centric wave and I do hope we some other DC figs. Especially Flash and Aquaman!! :sweet:

I don't think Penguin would need a re-do. Just give him back-printing and he'd fit right in with the current heavily detailed minifigures I think. Of course, Catwoman didn't really need a makeovers though, so I'm sure they'd change him some.

Possibly bad news, one of the Captain America figs has found its way onto ebay.

No wing printing sadly. :sad:

But the rest of the fig I think is great. :thumbup:

Possibly bad news, one of the Captain America figs has found its way onto ebay.

No wing printing sadly. :sad:

But the rest of the fig I think is great. :thumbup:

Darn, it doesn't matter though, the rest of that figure is fantastic!! April get here now, I want that figure along with the rest of them!!!!!!!