Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

3 figures in the small set isn't a bad return accepting that it isn't two "big" characters like in the Batman/Catwoman set

3 figures in the small set isn't a bad return accepting that it isn't two "big" characters like in the Batman/Catwoman set

It's also good incase people wants to buy lots of those aliens. Also means they wont be as expensive online x]

On the other hand, the lady is just some random driver character rather than one of the centerpiece figures for the set, so...

I'm not even sure why I dislike the way Iron Man looks. His helmet is big and goofy, but so is the helmets for all the Star Wars figures. But I look at a Stormtrooper or Boba Fett and am okay with how they look, but then look at Iron Man and recoil in horror. At the very least I wish they'd pack in that head from the Toyfair Iron Man.

She is somewhat random, but she's still uglier than Iron man. She was treated pretty carelessly, while Iron man has been treated with care, more or less. We haven't really seen a final (physical) version though, so I'll do my best to reserve my thoughts about him (but out of the preliminary figures, he probably is the worst).

I don't think you need a reason to dislike the minifigure, some just seem strange.

Oh well. Really, who cares about Iron Man or Wolverine or anyone else because we're getting a Deadpool minifigure and that's all that matters.

Yeah, let's focus on the positives. :classic:

She is somewhat random, but she's still uglier than Iron man. She was treated pretty carelessly, while Iron man has been treated with care, more or less. We haven't really seen a final (physical) version though, so I'll do my best to reserve my thoughts about him (but out of the preliminary figures, he probably is the worst).

I don't think you need a reason to dislike the minifigure, some just seem strange.

Yeah, let's focus on the positives. :classic:

By using such a random character(yes I know Ryan Reynold played him on film for five minutes) it raises hope that with further waves the figure selection will get quite diverse and away from the mainstream

I agree, there are far worse minifigs than Iron Man, especially from the early days of Star Wars.

lego-20120215053907010.jpg

Even one on a motorcycle!

question: is that motorcycle mold in the cap set under the shield thingy?

Why the heck would a Skrull be on a motorcycle? :wacko: I think they just put the driver of Loki's transport on Wolverine's bike.

Uhm, no. The Cap set only comes with the modern bike mold. The chassis is the same though, if that's what you're asking.

By using such a random character(yes I know Ryan Reynold played him on film for five minutes) it raises hope that with further waves the figure selection will get quite diverse and away from the mainstream

Deadpool is somewhat random, but perhaps not totally so. What third minifigure could LEGO put in this set? They can't just throw in any old random X-Man, that wouldn't make sense, since Wolverine is characteristically a loner and having someone like Cyclops would make it seem like they were teaming up. All three of these characters are distinctive and have done their own things at one time or another throughout their history. I think the most logical choice would have been Sabertooth, since he is one of Wolverine's specific antagonists, but he would just look like a regular scruffy guy, not nearly as cool as Deadpool. Additionally, since Deadpool has a film in the works, despite him looking different in that film having him here makes a little sense.

That's just my speculation on why he was chosen. As a very casual X-Men fan, I can't say I had ever even seen this Deadpool before, but even without knowing him I must say he looks quite awesome.

By the way, I don't see the problem with Cruncher's driver besides for her lack of hair. The torso is unique and very useful, and the face is good for a stern woman. I have that figure and quite like it.

By the way, I don't see the problem with Cruncher's driver besides for her lack of hair. The torso is unique and very useful, and the face is good for a stern woman. I have that figure and quite like it.

The torso and face are good. My point was that Iron man seems to be treated carefully compared to her though (with her lack of hair).

As a very casual X-Men fan, I can't say I had ever even seen this Deadpool before, but even without knowing him I must say he looks quite awesome.

And relatively accurate, as well:

Deadpool.png

Can't say I'm a fan of the AC blaster as his gun, though. :sceptic:

Those promos from the Toy Fair are super cool, maybe even better than the CC ones. I heard only 125 were made, and the prices are astronomical right now sadly. :cry_sad:

I really liked that Iron Man version and Captain America. Oh well. I can't really judge the sets until finalized images are produced and published by TLG. But I do think IMO for the first waves of Marvel and DC Superheroes, there was too much focus on Batman and the Avengers. :sceptic:

Which I understand completely, but I don't like any of the sets right now. :laugh:

This image would be a better comparison for the minifig, its basicaly spot on. IMAGELINK

I'm guessing, but is that an earlier drawing? If so lends creedence along with Two faces design, the new robin etc that lego are drawing inspiration from all eras of the comics

Can't say I'm a fan of the AC blaster as his gun, though. :sceptic:

I disagree; I'm definitely looking forward to equipping him with the most ridiculously large sci-fi-ish rifle I can come up with, in true Rob Liefeld/90s-era Marvel fashion. ;) I'm glad that LEGO gave him something unique & imaginative, rather than a boring gun mold we already have.

I'm glad that LEGO gave him something unique & imaginative, rather than a boring gun mold we already have.

This is a mold we already have; it's from Alien Conquest. Now, it's less boring than the standard six-shooter, but it's not unique.

A lot of people are saying that Hulks Helicarrier break out is the best set, but what exactly is it about the set that makes it the best? To me it's just a mish-mash of smaller modules and recycled figs. :sceptic:

A lot of people are saying that Hulks Helicarrier break out is the best set, but what exactly is it about the set that makes it the best? To me it's just a mish-mash of smaller modules and recycled figs. :sceptic:

It has Hulk in it. :tongue: I really like the set, too, though. The little plane looks nice and the computer-y modules have some parts I think would be useful in making a good control room or science lab MOC.

The captains cycle is versing a Skrull on a mocha colored ghost(vehicle from halo) and the quin jet is versing Loki on a flying platform and a skrull on a small flying vehicle.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

This is a mold we already have; it's from Alien Conquest. Now, it's less boring than the standard six-shooter, but it's not unique.

I guess I chose the wrong word. I didn't mean "unique" in the precise sense of "only available in this set", but as you say, something that isn't as commonplace as the six-shooters. I'm glad he comes with a weird gun and not a reality-based one.

Yeah, same to me. If there is an alien space fighter like in the trailer for the movie, I might get it. Otherwise, meh. Cap's Cycle seems like the best to me, great to army-build the aliens, and Cap isn't too shabby either.

Yeah, same to me. If there is an alien space fighter like in the trailer for the movie, I might get it. Otherwise, meh. Cap's Cycle seems like the best to me, great to army-build the aliens, and Cap isn't too shabby either.

I'd agree with both of you. But the Quinjet does look okay too. Hopefully we'll see them finished soon. :sweet:

lego-20120215053907010.jpg

Even one on a motorcycle!

That's clearly not the intended vehicle for the Skrull stand-in. Given the color and size, I would be shocked if that motorcycle isn't deployed from the back of the Quinjet... and maybe that's where we see Col. NICK FURY make his entrance...???

That's clearly not the intended vehicle for the Skrull stand-in. Given the color and size, I would be shocked if that motorcycle isn't deployed from the back of the Quinjet... and maybe that's where we see Col. NICK FURY make his entrance...???

Wonder if that space may be reserved to allow Captain Americas bike to get on the Quinjet. The Hulk can just bound behind :laugh:

Are the heads for Loki and Hawkeye permenant?? They have already been used before so is that just preliminary or do you reckon they are final?? :sweet::tongue: Won't be buying these though but they all look good :laugh:

Are the heads for Loki and Hawkeye permenant?? They have already been used before so is that just preliminary or do you reckon they are final?? :sweet::tongue: Won't be buying these though but they all look good :laugh:

I doubt they are final. Only Wolverine & co. seem to be. Well, Captain America does too, but that seems to be the wrong variation. :sceptic:

I doubt they are final. Only Wolverine & co. seem to be. Well, Captain America does too, but that seems to be the wrong variation. :sceptic:

I wonder if lego have made a new face print for the Magneto figure or if it is the Gandalf head without beard :laugh:

And to preempt replies, I know Magneto is from the comics not the movies

I wonder if lego have made a new face print for the Magneto figure or if it is the Gandalf head without beard :laugh:

It is not the same head.

6867258957_aba8970bfd.jpg

6866121617_7ba9c0db40.jpg