Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

The people really want a Bucky Barnes minifig. If Lego is smart, Bucky will get his own set; possibly a sharp-shooter's tower or an acrobat's attack!

I haven't seen anyone really want a Bucky Barnes minifig. :sceptic:

Forget Bucky Barnes, If LEGO are concentrating on the Marvel comics so much, I want to see Daredevil and Elektra! :D

Edited by King of Nynrah

What are you going to do with Daredevil? He can't even see!

We need the Bucky Express, a red, white and blue super hero train! Also, Hulk should come with a little Rick Jones minifigure for sidekick and buddy!

Now that I've seen FBTB's report, I'm considering the Helicarrier. I don't care too much about Hulk or Hawkeye (though I'm sure that they would be more useful than say Iron Man or Captain America), but Thor and Loki together will attract my attention.

So we don't know who the second minifigure in the Captain America set is, or where Nick Fury fits in, do we? Well, here are my ideas:

I don't think that Fury is in the Captain America set, for reasons mentioned before. Unless of course, he is being mind controlled by (a nonincluded) Loki, like Hawkeye in the Cosmic Cube Escape. I think that it was possible that in the press release (where Fury was wrongly put under X-men) Fury's name as a stand-in for another minifigure LEGO (or Marvel, rather) didn't want us to know about. I'm not going to guess who it is, as I have no idea (don't suggest anyone from The First Avenger, please).

He could also be included in the Quinjet, but I doubt it. I'm not so certain FBTB would forget him when they (seemingly) remembered everyone else.

It is also possible (and maybe more likely than above) that he is included in the Spider-man set. I doubt it though, now that I think about it, since it just seems like a run-in with Doc-Ock (as the name suggests an ambush).

I think that my first idea is the most plausible, but I still don't believe it really. They might of been incorrect when they suggested he was included with the X-men, but I don't want to think that they'd give us false info.

But I suppose that when the press release was released, the Marvel sets were months away from release, so I suppose that they may of still been working on figure concepts and Fury was dropped. That would explain his absence from the X-men set. Dropping Fury would of opened up a character spot (going by the DC/Marvel being fairly equal thing again) for a villain in the Captain America set, who could of previously been place-held by Loki or a generic minifigure.

Alright, now I'm going with that last one. Sorry, I kind of typed everything that came to my mind. :blush:

Bucky would make an interesting figure for a future set. It would be a rather obscure minifig like the Red Robin from the Batcave. No matter how much we nitpick this Superheroes line, we should thank our lucky stars that we aren't saddled with such a horrendous licensed line as this:

That is just Robin. First of all, that's what LEGO advertises him as. Second, Red Robin wears a cowl (like Batman's just without the bat ears).

I haven't seen anyone really want a Bucky Barnes minifig. :sceptic:

I wouldn't really care, which I guess is the same thing.

I think it is great how many people also want to see a Bucky Barnes minifig. His torso would be magnificent, and he might even come with some sort of cute little hat, or cap!

Hope he is the mystery mini with Captain America!

The one thing to report is that the DC superheroes range already out is the only range we will be getting this year, any other sets will be retailer or Lego exclusives. Marvel will only have the 8 sets that have already been reported this year, there won't be any second waves for either.

The one really cool unoffical bit of news was that one of the Lego reps I was chatting to had seen an early preliminary artwork for one of next years big Superman sets!

The one thing to report is that the DC superheroes range already out is the only range we will be getting this year, any other sets will be retailer or Lego exclusives. Marvel will only have the 8 sets that have already been reported this year, there won't be any second waves for either.

The one really cool unoffical bit of news was that one of the Lego reps I was chatting to had seen an early preliminary artwork for one of next years big Superman sets!

Modular Daily Planet!!

According to the initial report for the Super Heroes theme, it definitely said something about the Batman sets being based off the comics, and the latest film: The Dark Knight Rises. there's a page for it on Brickipedia with sources at the bottom. So a DKR set or two will be coming later this year.

No way. Too bleak for Lego. If the movie popularizes characters like Bane and Catwoman for the time-being, I can see the inclusion of the characters in more sets, but nothing directly linking the sets to the actual film.

Like Batman the Animated Series became its own beast, so has Lego Batman; with their own approach to the look of the characters, etc...

I think it is great how many people also want to see a Bucky Barnes minifig. His torso would be magnificent, and he might even come with some sort of cute little hat, or cap!

Um...I kind of only skimmed over this topic today, about three pages worth, but I don't recall seeing anyone besides you who wanted a Bucky Barnes minifigure. And I would very much like to remind you that these sets are based on The Avengers not The First Avenger. Though it is possible that he is in The Avengers, it would have to be as a villain to fit into the set, otherwise it wouldn't sell to kids so well. Good vs. Evil = great playabiliy = money.

According to the initial report for the Super Heroes theme, it definitely said something about the Batman sets being based off the comics, and the latest film: The Dark Knight Rises. there's a page for it on Brickipedia with sources at the bottom. So a DKR set or two will be coming later this year.

Thank you for saving me the breath sir. :wink:

No way. Too bleak for Lego. If the movie popularizes characters like Bane and Catwoman for the time-being, I can see the inclusion of the characters in more sets, but nothing directly linking the sets to the actual film.

Too bleak for LEGO? I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm guessing that bleak means dark or violent or what not. But if so, then I guess that also means that Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and oh yeah, The Dark Knight are/were all too dark for LEGO too. Except of course, they weren't, as they've all had sets (TDK didn't have any sets based on the movie, but it was adveritesed on the 2008 packaging, I think that's the same thing).

Edited by Superficial Username

Just because the movie is advertised on packaging doesn't link the sets to the film. Nothing from the Lego stuff really looks like anything in Nolan's films.

I present to you, the Tumbler:

7888_Box.jpg

Actually, according to The LEGO Book, this is a Dark Knight set, it just isn't based on a scene from the film. :wacko:

And if you haven't noticed, Brickipedia has a source. I don't think that there is a lot too question. And, even if you don't count this as something bleak, there are still all of those other items on that list (and I forgot a few, Price of Persia and The Avengers should be on there, I think).

Oh, and I think that advertisement does create a link, whether WB comissioned it or not, it's there.

Edited by Superficial Username

They incorporated the tumbler design, that now thanks to the Nolan films is part of the broader Batman mythos, but I still don't think that qualifies the set as a Dark Knight kit.

The Joker is all different, the henchman, the vehicle...nothing else about it really relates to the film. That is like saying the Batwing Battle over Gotham City set is directly linked to Burton's original Batman film based on the inclusion of the Batwing.

They incorporated the tumbler design, that now thanks to the Nolan films is part of the broader Batman mythos, but I still don't think that qualifies the set as a Dark Knight kit.

The Joker is all different, the henchman, the vehicle...nothing else about it really relates to the film. That is like saying the Batwing Battle over Gotham City set is directly linked to Burton's original Batman film based on the inclusion of the Batwing.

Still, there are several other films and franchises on that list. Plus, The LEGO Book does list that set as a The Dark Knight set. I don't know why, but it does, so in my eyes, it is. That book is pretty accurate, except for a couple typos (but this is definitly not one). Standing Small on the other hand... :hmpf:

The Dark Knight is a moniker synonymous with the Batman character. Simply calling a Batman related Lego set The Dark Knight does not indelibly link it to the film. It would be no different than if a particular Superman inspired set was called, "The Man of Steel."

I would consider any set with the current Black batman yellow chest symbol to be inspired by Tim Burton and Michael Keatons films as the black suit is very rarely/if ever used in the comic lines. The figure given away at the comic cons last year as well I would consider to be inspired by Nolans films and Christian Bales portrayal

Edit: Sorry. I worded that entirely wrong :blush:.

What I ment was that Bucky wouldn't be in these sets, as they are all based off of the Avengers movie, except the X-Men set.

Edited by nuparu51

The latest wave includes a blue/gray variant Batman costume. I don't see how that could be linked to the new movies at all.

Lego Batman is its own spin on the franchise and does its own thing with it, taking pieces and parts from here and there to craft their own "story" and unique sets.

He wouldn't be, as Bucky in the movies is an adult and the Cap set is based on the movies.

You like Bucky too?

The latest wave includes a blue/gray variant Batman costume. I don't see how that could be linked to the new movies at all.

Lego Batman is its own spin on the franchise and does its own thing with it, taking pieces and parts from here and there to craft their own "story" and unique sets.

You like Bucky too?

Yes I do, and although I would love a minifigure, I don't think it's going to happen.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

He said that the one from Comic Con, this one. Plus the old Batman from the Tumbler (Dark Knight Set!) also looks like a Dark Knight resembled one. Saying The Dark Knight is too dark for Lego, than why did they make Star Wars Episode 3 sets? Episode III any darker than The Dark Knight.

He said that the one from Comic Con, this one. Plus the old Batman from the Tumbler (Dark Knight Set!) also looks like a Dark Knight resembled one. Saying The Dark Knight is too dark for Lego, than why did they make Star Wars Episode 3 sets? Episode III any darker than The Dark Knight.

Well, no one did get stabbed by a pencil in Episode III. :tongue:

What rating did TDK have?

Yeah I was mostly joking about the whole Bucky thing. I figured we wouldn't get it, since Bucky was left in limbo from the last flick. I'd imagine that Captain America 2 would throw a hint at us that Bucky's kickin' around. And then the third ((If it goes that far)) would revolve around bucky being the winter soldier. But those are hair brained ideas from a comic book nerd.

KNowing our luck they'll try to cram it into a 2 hour movie.