Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Pre-Vizsla sword

So talk about Pre-Vizsla's prototype has stirred up questions of his minifig.

Here is my Pre-Vizsla I made immediately after buying the Deathwatch battlepack.

dsc0589.jpg

But after the Toy Fair pictures discussions were brought up about his sword being inaccurate. Here is my take after some discussion.

dsc_0625.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

This is great! Do you have a black Lightsaber hilt? If so, use it! That would make this perfect.

And I am a purist!

Edited by LEGOman273

This is great! Do you have a black Lightsaber hilt? If so, use it! That would make this perfect.

And I am a purist!

I do. But I glued the sword in. I thought his sword hilt was not black like the blade. At least fwiw in the episode.

That’s a really good idea Solscud007 :thumbup:.

An even purist-er idea would be to just paint the hilt and start of the blade of a katana in black, and the rest of the blade in a silvery black mix.

Darksaber-SWE.jpg

Black hilt. :classic:

Technically its light black if the blade is the color black so its a dark grey. Hilt matches some the grey in Vizlas outfit

Technically its light black if the blade is the color black so its a dark grey. Hilt matches some the grey in Vizlas outfit

Yeah if the blade is black, then the hilt is no where near the same level of black.

Look at this screen cap

vizsla10.jpg

Yeah if the blade is black, then the hilt is no where near the same level of black.

Look at this screen cap

vizsla10.jpg

It is a bit lighter. Pearl dark grey would be perfect, but black looks better than light bley.

Looks good!

One gets the sense however, that "purists" would have little to no regard for how the figures/ships/accessorys come from factory, and would instead be the most avid customizers out there.

Looks good!

One gets the sense however, that "purists" would have little to no regard for how the figures/ships/accessorys come from factory, and would instead be the most avid customizers out there.

I don't understand.

I am not quite sure in what context the word "purist" is used in this thread. Is that purists as those who like as pure a representation of a figure and accessories as possible? Or is it purists as in those who like the old style Lego minifigures (i.e. as simple as possible)?

I am not quite sure in what context the word "purist" is used in this thread. Is that purists as those who like as pure a representation of a figure and accessories as possible? Or is it purists as in those who like the old style Lego minifigures (i.e. as simple as possible)?

‘Purist’ usually refers to someone who does not modify parts. I’ve never seen the word used in the sense you describe.

A "purist" is one who does not customize in such a way that damages or changes the pieces. Also, they do not use illegal building techniques.

‘Purist’ usually refers to someone who does not modify parts. I’ve never seen the word used in the sense you describe.

A "purist" is one who does not customize in such a way that damages or changes the pieces. Also, they do not use illegal building techniques.

Ah I see. The word is given a sort of "slang" meaning (for lack of a better word) that is used by Lego fans only.

I like it and think it looks better then just a black lightsaber.

I like it and think it looks better then just a black lightsaber.

I don't understand.

Ditto. I don't think he knows what purist means. If he reads tis thread, he'll know.

burn them! burn them all with green wood!!...

just kidding, it looks fine but I still like your original version better, your Vizsla fig compensates any inaccuracy

Based on those screenshots I can easily see Lego using standard black katana for the set and not worrying at all, with yours, if you could redo it I would use a trimmed dark bley hilt so that it is skinnier as well as a black katana attached interest same way but with crossguard left as is. Ifyou really wanted to go all outafter that you could try to cut the notches in the back of the blade and try to paint the blade with a shiny gloss mixed with some white to try to recreate the glow around the blade.