Zilcho

Who would have thought?

So my cat urinated in a box full of lego :thumbdown: It stunk! I sprayed it with water and some cleaning stuff and then put it in the dishwasher. Then, asa it was washing I thought "Oh no what abut the stickers!?" But suprisingly the stickers stayed on and in fact I think they are more solid than ever. :classic:

Shame everything feel apart with water inside them :angry:

I'm kind of surprised the hot water in the dishwasher didn't deform any of the bricks.

Glad that it worked out for you.

I'm kind of surprised the hot water in the dishwasher didn't deform any of the bricks.

Yeah, I was worried about it melting them so I did a few test ones first.

I'm more surprised that the stickers are still in tact.

Bad kitty!

Yeah, LEGO stickers survive washing rather well (Not too surprising once you figure out that they are probably made to survive saliva as well). Specially if you follow TLG's own indications (40 degrees Celsius, dish wash liquid). To the point I don't really care about pre-selecting stickered pieces before washing anymore.

Edited by vexorian

So my cat urinated in a box full of lego :thumbdown: It stunk! I sprayed it with water and some cleaning stuff and then put it in the dishwasher. Then, asa it was washing I thought "Oh no what abut the stickers!?" But suprisingly the stickers stayed on and in fact I think they are more solid than ever. :classic:

Shame everything feel apart with water inside them :angry:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Evil cat!!

:damn: :damn: :damn:

Edited by Legoman273

Glad cleaning them worked out well (Particularly the stickered ones). I kinda have to wonder if the cat was trying to tell you something ("Stop wasting your time with these things and pet/feed me!"). Cats do that sometimes...

Yeah, LEGO stickers survive washing rather well (Not too surprising once you figure out that they are probably made to survive saliva as well). Specially if you follow TLG's own indications (40 degrees Celsius, dish wash liquid). To the point I don't really care about pre-selecting stickered pieces before washing anymore.

Who is going to be licking lego stickers?? :wacko:

Glad cleaning them worked out well (Particularly the stickered ones). I kinda have to wonder if the cat was trying to tell you something ("Stop wasting your time with these things and pet/feed me!"). Cats do that sometimes...

I think it was a case of me closing the door of my lego room before I went to bed. No way out. :blush:

If only someone would make some inkjet printable sticker paper that was as good as official TLG stickers.

Yeah, I was worried about it melting them so I did a few test ones first.

Smart Man.

I think it was a case of me closing the door of my lego room before I went to bed. No way out. :blush:

Why did you have your cat in your LEGO room?

Bad kitty. My cat sitting across from me did that before in a 1000 brick box. She is giving me that innocent look. It took a couple of washing to get rid of the urine smell. I learn to always keep the lid on the boxes...

A dishwasher is good for cleaning your LEGO.

I've been told by LEGO Direct to clean my daughters' DUPLO and PRIMO parts in the dishwasher.

Just be aware that prints may come off from such a treatment.