Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Which is your favourite 2012 Great Vehicle ?

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite 2012 Great Vehicle ?

• 4431 - Ambulance
    • 4432 - Garbage Truck
    • 4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter
    • 4434 - Dump Truck
    • 4435 - Car and Camper

Hola!

It was a close call with the dirt-bike transporter, but car and caravan for the win! Have been yearning for more civilian vehicles, and this will add to the beachside campground in my to-be-built town, Evania.

Ev

This was tough, because I love them all. Here is what helped me decide:

Ambulance - just a bit too large for the Sprinter it appears to be. If it had been a US style with a cab and a box, then maybe the 6 wide would look right. I still love it, but the scale is just a bit off.

Dirt Bike Transporter - Same problem, the scale of the 6 wide truck doesn't fit well in my LEGO City. I love the set, I just wish they could have done it at 4/5 wide instead.

Garbage Truck - This was a close call, because they really nailed the truck this time. The airplane tails to reduce the weight of the back end was genius. The problem is, that's the biggest change between this garbage truck and the last one, so for me this wasn't revolutionary, simply an improved design. Still a great one to pick up though.

Car and Camper - This was another incredible set. Great for girls as well as boys, my daughter got this for Christmas and loves it. The only downside for me is the car. First off, why a car and not a truck? That's a big camper to tow with a car. Second, why Yellow? Just once I'd love a LEGO car in Green or Blue or Gray or something besides Red and Yellow. Overall a great set, and definitely one to pick up, but just not quite perfect.

So the winner is - the Dump Truck! I love this set, new wheel barrow, new parts for the dump bed, a barricade... Truly a great set. Let's hope the next wave of LEGO vehicles brings us a snow plow, I'd love to see one of those make a return to LEGO City.

I would have put ambulance if it wasn't mediocre, so I put dump truck simply because of the nice design of the dumper bit and ofcourse the wheel barrow :wub:

As much as I would want to like the Car Caravan set, the car just looks too similar to every other City car Lego puts out.

I just got the ambulance yesterday and i have to say, i have enjoyed that set more than any other city set i've put together so far. :thumbup: Brilliant playability, loads of accessories, yeah it's huge but whatevs, i just love it. Bring on the hospital and operating theatres Lego, we need them! :grin:

Tough call. I like the car and camper as far as the vehicles themselves.

Just wish the set had more play accessories. How about a mountain bike or two? Or the family pet? Kids?

For me it has to be the bin lorry not just because it's my day job :tongue: but it look's just like the one's we use and its just stunning, the lego lorry's just keep getting better!

I had to choose 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter. It may partly be due to the fact that it's the only one I own, but there are a few things that really stuck out to me about it:

1. It has a lot of new (within the last two years) pieces--more than it looks like on the box. These are all used very well.

2. It has lots of "play" potential, with many different scenarios due to the inclusion of the dirt bikes. It could almost function as two different sets, really.

3. It is a very well-built set that is also extremely modifiable. For me, this is a huge virtue. There are some sets that do not lend themselves to modification; either the modifications needed to make a set look better would be too extensive, or the modifications aren't improvements. This one is different; although it's already a good set, it's easy to modify it to suit different tastes. I have already switched around some of the color scheme of the SUV (leaving off the stickers and changing the red pieces to black--I left the trailer as it is, though), changed the rear lights and changed the back hatch. It's not extensive, but it looks much better (in my opinion).

4. It's grey! A City vehicle that's not red, white, or yellow!

For me, it's a tie between the Ambulance (a welcome addition to the medical line) and the Car and Camper/Caravan (a purely civilian set = good). The others just seem too oversized, except for the dirt bike transporter, but the racing/sports sets never did it for me.

Edited by Ardelon

The new dump truck has my vote. I may be biased since it's the only one I own out of the lineup, but I really like the look of the truck, sticker grill notwithstanding. It's a fun set, and the wheelbarrow is a welcome addition. The new hinge used for the dumping feature is interesting and should prove useful, although I think I would have preferred they'd used the faux hydraulic actuator parts(87617, 87618) to give it a more realistic feel.

I think the whole lineup looks good. I'll probably get the camper and possibly the ambulance, as I have no versions of either in my collection. I wish TLG would release a copy of that yellow car as a stand-alone taxi. T'would be sweet. :wub:

I'm not sure if it's the best yet, but I bought the garbage truck today as it's the one my kids wanted to add to their superheroes scenery. Built it with them and a very solid build and a fairly unique colour. It's definitely between this and the soon to be purchased Dump truck. Gret amount of pieces for the price, I need to stop buying licenced sets!