Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Halloween 06: Scariest Movie

I have to admit though... this one scene in one of the recent zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead remake)...

Ah yes, another true classic movies made in recent times !! Tks Jinzo for reminding me that great movie !!

I did a long speech about the Exorcism of Emily Rose in the what did you see topic ;-)

What I loved in that remake is that they went a lot further than I would have expected !! I love the end credits where you understand that all the heros just die and are massacred !! yeay for once a movie without a silly happy ending ;-) And that roof scene is just brilliant :-P

Nah, it won't be on the DVD lol.

Ruggero's tried to convinve the law that a still snapshot of a piranha scene was all that was taken.

No, no... there was a dude being eaten alive in the original.

And if you saw it in (you're in Paris, right?), then you didn't see the one aired (very briefly) in New York.

But again, if you tell horror film buffs this, they'll MASSACRE you with flames to say you're either lying or confused. :-D

G I was unaware of all that hehe !!

I really need to watch all the extra DVD bonuses 8-

:-P Hey its written "complete uncensored version" on my DVD case ;-)

Lies, LIES, LIES!

Lol. It'd be illegal snuff paraphenalia if that were actually the case.

Wife knows a horror freak who paid like 2 or 300 some dollars to aquire a bootleg copy of the original from some guy overseas.

If I ever get a copy of it, well, I'll probably vomit once or twice... then write a detailed, undeniable and "you can shut up now" report on it to squelch all the online nay-sayers.

I have to admit though... this one scene in one of the recent zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead remake)... where the gun store owner is communicating with the people on the roof of the other building... His last message = AWESOME.

MAybe one of my favorite movie moments ever. So powerful.

I was like oh no... oh no way... no, he's not gonna'....

OH MY GOD, HE DID!

X D

ya, and not to mention that openning sequence (up through the credit titles)... it was just spectacular 8-

amazing it has not been mentioned :

the exorcist

I watched it alone in the dark. Man, that was scarry !

amazing it has not been mentioned :

the exorcist

I watched it alone in the dark. Man, that was scarry !

Definately an all time scary flick. The scene were she turns her head all the way around... Completely freaky!

Psycho was the scariest movie I ever saw, considering the few scary movies I've seen. The shower scene made me reluctant to take showers for a few weeks!

Psycho is a great classic, but it never scared me. Maybe it's the age of the original movie.

Oh, I have one that I don't believe was mentioned; and one of my all time favorites. The Fog. I loved the story and very suspenseful.

Psycho is a great classic, but it never scared me. Maybe it's the age of the original movie.
i agree psycho is one of top 10 favs... but like NotLD, it's not because it scared me. it's just plain ole good directing and story ;-)

- BrickMiner

Some TV shows are scarier than movies.

The OLD Outer Limits (black and white) often had some pretty damn scary things goin' on.

Especially the episode with the convict bugs that had human-like faces.

Scary, scary, SCARY. That show was ahead of it's time. More fun to watch than Twilight Zone. WAY better monsters.

tc23b.JPG

http://www.theweaponshop.com/outerlimits/OLC1b.html

http://www.theweaponshop.com/outerlimits/OLC2b.html

I can't really think of any really scary movies. The Ring was up there though.

I do like the old monster movies, like Dracula, the Mummy, Frankenstein, but those aren't really that scary.

Scary book, on the other hand, would have to be "It," though the movie was terrible...

Steve

Scary book, on the other hand, would have to be "It," though the movie was terrible...

I didn't read "It", but I didn't think the movie was too bad at all. The actors were a little nerdy though. I never thought that the creature would be a giant... though. Strange choice.