Sign in to follow this  
Rook

Rook & _Publius_

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A Lego Store Display

_Publius_ (from Flickr) and I put up a Display Window at Sherway Gardens Mall (Tornoto) this weekend. This is my part of the collaboration. I still have some minor adjustments and details to attend to in the first few images. _Publius_ is making two small Alien Conquest style fighters and a hover tank/walker body harvester.

6589222513_6a1b6a21c1_z.jpg

6589243903_e753b71097_z.jpg

6589251029_96e709cab2_z.jpg

I went ahead and made my own versions of the fighters and harvester, for the fun of it. They aren't on display at Sherway, but I thought I'd finish the original concept I had. The alternates were also a "plan B" incase _Publius_ was unble to make it last minute. :blush:

img_4810.jpg

img_4811.jpg

img_4813.jpg

And here's what we finally put up in the Lego Store: pirate_thumbup.gif

6659295169_000341d5bb_z.jpg

6659239331_e984561571_z.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Wow. Really great job.

I like how its somethibng that the kids could conviveably build.

This is really neat idea, love the Alien Conquest MOC's :wub:

Quick question, how does the Lego Store allow you to put in your own creations? Do you just ask them? The one in Calgary has had pretty much the same things since they opened.

Form a LUG of at least 10 AFOLs and then contact the Store Manager. Lego has a whole system of rules you have follow. I’m not sure where to actually find any of the info. It was just emailed to me by our LUG leader. Maybe of the current Ambassadors could direct you/us to the resource. :blush:

Form a LUG of at least 10 AFOLs and then contact the Store Manager. Lego has a whole system of rules you have follow. I’m not sure where to actually find any of the info. It was just emailed to me by our LUG leader. Maybe of the current Ambassadors could direct you/us to the resource. :blush:

I asked one of the guys at the Calgary store, all he said was all their MOCS are made by NALUG or SALUG, and one of the guys from SALUG works there. So, I'll need to sign up I guess. Thanks.

Awesome diorama!

Hopefully TLG sees this and will send us a second wave of Conquesting Aliens!

The contrast of grey/bley and the ADU blue is very nice. I like the initial alien craft with the transgreen canopies vs. what ended up in the window display.

Edited by ETAV8R

Awesome diorama!

Hopefully TLG sees this and will send us a second wave of Conquesting Aliens!

The contrast of grey/bley and the ADU blue is very nice. I like the initial alien craft with the transgreen canopies vs. what ended up in the window display.

Thanks, I of course liked mine more, that's ego for ya :blush: , but I like doing my first collaboration more than the MOC. Feeling like I knew enough about Lego to finally have someone build something miles away and being able to just click it into place the day of was an awesome. _Publius_ is also about 10-20 years older than me and you can see it in his building style. It’s very Classic Space, and brought a new level of enjoyment to me for the uniqueness of Lego through out the past decades. :thumbup: Almost like being able to build with my older brother again. :cry_happy:

Edited by Rook

Thanks, I of course liked mine more, that's ego for ya :blush: , but I like doing my first collaboration more than the MOC. Feeling like I knew enough about Lego to finally have someone build something miles away and being able to just click it into place the day of was an awesome. _Publius_ is also about 10-20 years older than me and you can see it in his building style. It’s very Classic Space, and brought a new level of enjoyment to me for the uniqueness of Lego through out the past decades. :thumbup: Almost like being able to build with my older brother again. :cry_happy:

Very true, the style is classic space. I have some ADU alien flyers that I made which are very similar. I was thinking along the classic space lines from my childhood when i made them.

Wow, I must say, this is one impressive creation, bravo to you sir. I can only imagine how proud you are to have your creation on display.

Hello!

That's a well thought out and designed diorama for the Alien Conquest series. :classic: It would have been a perfect addition to the unfortunate small variety of official Alien Conquest sets. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Two more weeks and then I have to go take it down! :cry_happy:

I got one of each set, an extra of the UFO set, and one battle pack. So not a lot but still enough that looks like there's an army. :thumbup: