K-Nut

Heroica RPG - Heroica Arena

GM Note:

In this case, that would mean that Althior would attempt to cast a Darkness Spell at Atramor using Dragoro from the Back Row.

That's fair.

GM Note:

Actually, thinking about this, even though enemies in quests don't choose their own actions, they always attempt to do as much Damage as possible to heroes. With that in mind, a Hexed hero in the Arena should act as if he were not Hexed, and be forced to perform whichever action the GM thinks would be most beneficial to him were he not Hexed. In this case, that would mean that Althior would attempt to cast a Darkness Spell at Atramor using Dragoro from the Back Row.

But what if I wanted to heal myself? :grin:

Then I'll change my action to sealing you. These is no escape from your fate. :devil:

Then I'll change my action to sealing you. These is no escape from your fate. :devil:

Ugh, why didn't I stick with Sorcerer? :facepalm:

Other GM's Note:

In a quest, the enemies wouldn't even consider healing themselves. They would only heal themselves if they had a special that allowed them to do so, and their 'decision' to do so would depend entirely on the roll of the die. Since you do have a special that allows you to heal yourself, you will use that if you roll Shield or if Pie rolls Special Damage, but you can't attempt to heal. (and in any case, Magical Vortex has an attack of equal power to healing built in to it, so you wouldn't gain any Health, anyways; and if Pie rolled Special Damage, Jinx would prevent you from getting any benefits)

In short, the possible outcomes are as follows:

Atramor Gibbin vs. >Althior Emorith -

• Hex - normal result: Althior continues to be Hexed for the next Round.
  • Critical Poisoned Hit/Heal More - normal result
  • Poisoned Hit/Heal - normal result
  • Poison/Heal Less - normal result
  • Damage/No Healing - If Atramor attempts to heal himself, nothing happens; if Atramor attacks, Althior does Darkness Elemental Damage equal to double WP to himself. (doubled for elemental strength)
  • Jinx/No Healing - If Atramor attempts to heal himself, nothing happens; if Atramor attacks, Althior does Darkness Elemental Damage equal to sextuple his WP to himself and heals Atramor for an equal amount. (tripled for Shield by Arena rules* and doubled for elemental strength)

>Althior Emorith vs. Atramor Gibbin -

• Magical Vortex - Althior does Darkness Elemental Damage equal to sextuple his WP to himself and heals himself for an equal amount, thus neither increasing nor decreasing his Health. (tripled for Shield by Arena rules* and doubled for elemental strength)
  • Great Spell/Heal More - Althior does Darkness Elemental Damage equal to quadruple his WP to himself. (doubled for Critical Hit and doubled for elemental strength)
  • Spell/Heal - Althior does Darkness Elemental Damage equal to double his WP to himself. (doubled for elemental strength)
  • Meditate/Heal Less - normal result: Althior regains 1 Ether.
  • Damage/No Healing - normal result
  • Special Guard/No Healing - Althior has a 50% chance of being struck by Atramor's special. (Hex)

*which is OP and really should be lowered to just WP.

That all makes sense to me. But for future reference, I really think darkness elemental shouldn't count in the Arena.

Results of Round Two Of Althior vs. Atramor

Atramor vs. Althior - Miss

Althior vs. Althior - Hit

Atramor readies his dagger and darts in, but Althior is to swift and dodges the blow. Althior then readies a spell but something goes wrong and he sends the spell at himself for 10 damage. The Badly poisoned affect takes the rest of Althior's health and he falls over, knocked out.

ATRAMOR WINS THE BATTLE!!

Combatants:

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith, Level 17.5 Sage (Played by K-nut)
Badly Poisoned

Power: 22

Health: 27/27

Ether: 23/23

Gold: 300

Inventory: Dragoro (WP 5), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP 4), Skeleton Decoy x2, Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel,

Bedroll, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

6835324116_b26624a9bf_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin, Level 16.5 Witch (Played by CallMePieOrDie)

Power: 26

Health: 34/34

Ether: 14/14

Gold: 31

Inventory: Ratsbane, WP: 10 (Fire, Wind, Ice, Earth), Sand Worm Hide (SP 2), Witch's Talisman (Poison damage turns to Badly posoned) Black Katana, WP: 8, Staff of the Elven Warlock, WP: 5, Scroll of Sealing

Both of you, update your stats if you changed them.

----

GM Note: Well, there will be a few changes now that we've had time to test the system out!

Atramor smirks as Althior beats the crap out of himself only to have the poison sap away the last of his strength. Maybe this whole magic thing wasn't as overrated as he thought, that was quite the satisfying victory. He speaks over his shoulder as he walks back to the hall.

"My advice, mate, is to let your girlfriend handle 'er own fights 'fore you embarrass 'er."

Erik Tyrvarr leaps down into the arena pit, landing on his face and moaning.

He quickly recovers, however, and yells "Since everyone is challenging Mr Atramor, I will do the same!

Even though just his poison will knock me out in one hit, and it would take at least seven hits for me to knock him out..."

"So any way, I,Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn), would like to challenge Atramor Gibbin (CallMePieOrDie), to a duel!

Although if Mr Atramor does not want to waste time battering me unconsious or noone wants to waste time judging, that is also perfectly understandable."

Atramor glances at the barbarian on his way out.

"Sorry, mate, but I gotta decline. There's a 1 in 6 chance 'ya won't be down by the end of the first round, a 1 in 36 ya' won't be down by the second, an' so on....and I've got smartass blood all over my dagger, gotta get that cleaned too..."

Mizuki enters the arena and says "Since Mr Atramor is not there fight you, how would you like to fight me?"

"If so, I,Mizuki Kimura (zakura), would like to challenge Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn ), to a duel!"

Edited by zakura

Erik turns to Mizuki

"Sounds good to me, some combat experience would be good before i go on a quest (ooc: not that I get actual experience from arena duels anyway, but keeping it in character), unless the arena masters feel that new heroes fighting each other would be innapropriate use of the arena.

I more wanted to fight Mr Atramor for the amusement value, but I accept your challenge, Mizuki.

If the duel does take place, I will attack Mizuki from the Front Row with my Axe

Edited by Myrddyn

Mizuki vs. Erik: Hit

Erik vs. Mizuki: Critical Hit

Mizuki, you start off by thrusting your sword at Erik and deal 3 damage to him. He simply grunts as he hits you twice, dealing 6 damage

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura , Level 1 Rogue, 21 years old Female Human

Power: 4 Health: 1/7 Gold: 0

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr, Level 1 Barbarian. 18 years old male human.

Power: 4 Health:5/8 Gold:10.

Inventory: Axe (WP3), Potion, Mead

GM Note:

Wow! This is a lot easier with two Level 1's! :laugh:

Erik swings his axe again from the front row, and grunts again.

OOC: Glad your enjoying it! :laugh:

Edited by Myrddyn

OOC: Glad your enjoying it! :laugh:

GM Note:

I really am! After doing a battle with an Evoker and Witch (most confusing class ever!) I like getting to lay low. :tongue:

Erik vs. Mizuki: Shield

Mizuki vs. Erik: Miss

Erik, you decide to end this quick and go get a drink, so you swing three times, hitting Mizuki with each swing, who falls limp on the floor.

Erik is Victorious!

Both combatants are restored to full health, XP is not gained and consumables are not replaced.

Erik salutes Mizuki once she has gotten up, then goes to get a drink.

Thank you also Mr K-nut!

Although I think that a barbarian critical hit is 3 times wp plus level, so I should have done 10 damage in the first round, then the shield does only 2 times wp. Doesnt matter though. :tongue:

Erik salutes Mizuki once she has gotten up, then goes to get a drink.

Thank you also Mr K-nut!

Although I think that a barbarian critical hit is 3 times wp plus level, so I should have done 10 damage in the first round, then the shield does only 2 times wp. Doesnt matter though. :tongue:

GM Note:

I forgot about 3 times WP, but this is only WP, not level in the arena.

I, Leo Aragon (TheBoyWonder) would like to challenge Monk Pretzel ( Palathadaric) to a duel.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

I accept the duel.

I attack Leo Aragorn from the back row with my Cross (Nimbus Broomstick).

Convert, Leo, convert. I will not have this fight in vain!

GM Note:

I can't start the battle with you using wood magic if your sig isn't updated. It still says Knight.