Sign in to follow this  
-zenn

Lynx Snowmobile

Some of you know I made a mxbike a while ago, while watching Red Faction: Origins and sneaky glimbsing at it... I thought it would make a solid base for a snowmobile conversion. :laugh:

6627811451_68fa17e1db.jpg

6627809505_86534c701f.jpg

Lynx; a snowmobile inspired by 'Red Faction: Origins'.

Flickr Gallery

Comments and critisiscm welcome.

Edited by -zenn

HI Zenn, it looks great, you've got alot of awesome mocs too, your use of parts in unuasual ways is amazing, you've got great visuallisation. My own personal pick is maybe a dual tread snowmobile as the single tread looks a bit flimsy but other than that I think it's great, love the skis, exhausts and windshield. Great Job!

Again, you do it again '-zenn'....another AWESOME sci-fi ride and this time a snowmobile.....James Bond in the 22nd Century eh ? :laugh:

Keep them coming, dude.....Brick On Ride On in the snow ! :classic:

HI Zenn, it looks great, you've got alot of awesome mocs too, your use of parts in unuasual ways is amazing, you've got great visuallisation. My own personal pick is maybe a dual tread snowmobile as the single tread looks a bit flimsy but other than that I think it's great, love the skis, exhausts and windshield. Great Job!

Thank you. I had the same tread idea, but it wouldn't work because of the motorcycle chassis though. :classic:

Again, you do it again '-zenn'....another AWESOME sci-fi ride and this time a snowmobile.....James Bond in the 22nd Century eh ? :laugh:

Keep them coming, dude.....Brick On Ride On in the snow ! :classic:

Haha, yeah! I'm pondering what to build next... So many ideas; a barebone style hot rod, a jet ski, a quadruple treaded atv or a dual front treaded snowmobile. :laugh: Still got a WIP spaceship, only build the aft engines so far.

Great build!

What's the part on the top of the binocular?!

Thanks, it's a cut hinge bar with a cut robot arm bar sliding over it. :wink:

Edited by -zenn

Great work! I love the use of the round tire tread as a track, I've never considered that. Is it functional? Either way it looks great. I like the way you did the front supports as well. I'm brainstorming on some Ice planet single fig vehicles and this has given me some ideas. Thanks!

Nice build! :thumbup:

I like the way you use the tires on both this and the "Torque MX Bike". Very nice part usage! :sweet:

Great work! I love the use of the round tire tread as a track, I've never considered that. Is it functional? Either way it looks great. I like the way you did the front supports as well. I'm brainstorming on some Ice planet single fig vehicles and this has given me some ideas. Thanks!

Thanks, no it doesn't turn. Nice to hear that, I'd always pictured them on specially developed snowvehicles. :laugh:

Very nice! I love the fragile-looking shape!

Thanks, it's very sturdy btw. Though the front prongs will change stance when you put pressure on it. :sceptic:

Nice build! :thumbup:

I like the way you use the tires on both this and the "Torque MX Bike". Very nice part usage! :sweet:

Thanks, maybe I'm gonna do a couple more of these in a smilar style. :classic:

I'm liking this very much - Great build on the front - the skis don't look sturdy, but I'm guessing they are more so than I think.

I think my favorite piece, though, is the steering wheel on the walkie talkie. I'm like, "why don't all my dudes have those?" Could be so many things!

I agree with fr33manator - Ice planet could use some of these.