The thing on this model that disturbed me the most was the V4 under the hood (bonnet). In North America, trucks like this either have a V8 or an inline 6. I eventually stuffed a V6 into my model along with a similar dual wheel mod on the back, but the length of the hood just grew too long. Maybe this will be the first Technic project I will tackle this year as a warm up into some other things. I think I have all the parts that I need to build this truck in red with a black or gray frame.

Edited by cgarison

Here's my solution. This way the axles won't pull out and the "hubs" are well secured to the chassis.

post-31173-0-26756600-1357141287_thumb.jpg

Sad I don't have 2 more tyres of this type then I could try to make this mod as well to my RC 9395. The V6 goes under the hood almost without changing the dimensions -

211020121780.jpg

I can imagine the lego guys thought about all of those ideas but left it open to us to make any changes/modifications. Excellent work guys.

H

its a lovely set. its only 59.99eu here and for that price it is a lot of a kit. lots of parts and truck it self is great. What i really love about is how sturd it feels. you know how technic sets can feel a bit wobly and all over the place? well this just feels like a brick! :d

i love the mods you did lads, but just keep in mind. the reason some of these changes are not made, because it might increase price of a kit. i am prety sure each kit has its budget in materials and parts, so they cant go too crazy. i bet almost all of lego designers wanted to jam in that V8 in there and double the wheels! :wink:

Tbh, I'd prefer if Lego did put duallies on, but then again, that's because i don't have a parts collection, and wouldn't be able to do it myself. Although saying that, for the people that do have spare parts, then I'm glad that Lego left it like it is, as it gives everyone the opportunity to feel like they made an improvement.

I know this is off topic but I am wondering if I should buy 9395 or 42006

9395 has more parts for a lower price but 42006 has more functions and a better pf placement...

So which one should I get?

I know this is off topic but I am wondering if I should buy 9395 or 42006

9395 has more parts for a lower price but 42006 has more functions and a better pf placement...

So which one should I get?

Not sure but I can tell you that the assortment of parts in the 9395 caused me to purchase two. Both sets I got for around $45 shipped on ebay. Had to watch for the deals though.

Sad I don't have 2 more tyres of this type then I could try to make this mod as well to my RC 9395. The V6 goes under the hood almost without changing the dimensions -

211020121780.jpg

Great work on stuffing the V6 in the stock space available. I ended up extending the front by a pins length to make everything thing fit.