Anio

UCS Republic Cruiser

Hi,

Just a message to inform you that the model is now complete, and the BS gallery is public : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=491912

I took more photos of the MOC, but more important, now, I have the sticker.

3 photos here in the thread :

22843355.jpg

For those who wonder if the bottom side is well done or not :

63449142.jpg

And the sticker :

stickert.jpg

Edited by Anio

I like that last shot. You've effectively retained the colors and details of even the underside, escape pods and all. (With the exception of the two orange rectangles, of course, but I suppose that's understandable... :laugh:)

With the exception of the two orange rectangles, of course, but I suppose that's understandable... :laugh:

I could have put some of the (dark) orange areas.

But I did not want to do that.

Indeed, it would have look very odd on a Lego model. :thumbdown:

By the way, the FlickR gallery :

It is cool you like it.

I do not plan to share the lxf file. Indeed, a friend and I will maybe release an instruction in the future.

Well even if you don't, you've inspired me to try UCS scale. :sweet:

*oh2* How did you make that sticker???

Photoshop is my best friend to do my UCS stickers. :)

Well even if you don't, you've inspired me to try UCS scale. :sweet:

Good news. :)

If you have any question, you can ask me here in the thread. Or PM me if you prefer. :)

Good news. :)

If you have any question, you can ask me here in the thread. Or PM me if you prefer. :)

Yeah I'll let you know. :sweet: You're definitely the best USC builder I know.

Sorry for bumping this 1 month old thread.

I wrote a full review of the model : http://www.techlug.fr/review-lego-star-wars/ST10/republic-cruiser-st10-anio-2011

10.JPG

I think that the part called "Montage" (which means "Build") is very interesting.

Ok, it is French, and I apologize for that. But still, I think the build of this model is very interesting. And you can use the translator. ;D

No video yet. Too cold outside. :p

Edited by Anio

Wonderful Model! Luckily i got my hands on an original 10019 back in the days.

Do you still plan to sell instructions for this one?

Greetings

Thank you.

Do you still plan to sell instructions for this one?

Yes, for each of my MOCs.

But it takes a lot of time... :(

Great design, Anio. I can't compliment you enough on this. I had been wanting to do a mod of this ship at a scale to show some detail, and I was able to reverse-engineer your design (sort of) from the Brickshelf images. Great work, and it gave me a chance to hone my Lego building skill with a very stiff challenge.

Great design, Anio. I can't compliment you enough on this. I had been wanting to do a mod of this ship at a scale to show some detail, and I was able to reverse-engineer your design (sort of) from the Brickshelf images. Great work, and it gave me a chance to hone my Lego building skill with a very stiff challenge.

That's cool. Do not hesitate to share pics.

Btw, the instruction of that model should be available in the end of 2014.

Hello everyone,

The instruction of my Republic Cruiser is now available. :)

01.jpg

06.jpg

More pics and part list : http://www.techlug.f...-st10-anio-2011

We chose to make it in last because, as you may know, the model has some painted parts. We wanted the model to have as few painted parts as possible.

I think Frousmoul did a great job again on this instruction.

Moreover, if you want to put a Republic Fregate on your shelf, just change some colors and details, and you have it. Because this ship and the Republic Cruiser are very close.

The price of the instruction is symbolical (10€). However, you can give more if you want to reward our work. PM on Eurobricks, FlickR, Youtube or, even better, email me at setechnic@gmail.com

You can have an overview of all the UCS instructions here : http://www.techlug.f...-lego-star-wars

Anio

I agree this is one of your best UCS MOCs. It is next too being aesthetically pleasing full of details and it looks complicated.

But why are you quitting making instructions? Does that mean you will stop making those awesome MOCs too? please do not!

But why are you quitting making instructions? Does that mean you will stop making those awesome MOCs too? please do not!

Well, I currently have no UCS project.

I just did an UCS Desert Skiff last year ( http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/topic7785.html ). A Useless Cheap Series model as I like to call it.

I will probably provide instructions when all the parts do exist in the right color.

But for now, no UCS models are being designed in my workshop. Maybe I will change my mind one day...