commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

There is also limited and valuable shelf space to consider. With the new super hero line coming out Jan 2012 a licensed line has to go. That line will be HP IMO. Introducing a very cheap way to get Voldemort is a huge clue about where the TLG is going with this line in my mind....enjoy the send off.

There is also limited and valuable shelf space to consider. With the new super hero line coming out Jan 2012 a licensed line has to go. That line will be HP IMO. Introducing a very cheap way to get Voldemort is a huge clue about where the TLG is going with this line in my mind....enjoy the send off.

Well that's a hopeless comment :tongue: Nah, just kiddin, I know what you mean, and if we face it, it's veyr likely the theme wil be leaving us. I've never hoped that I was wrong like this before, but I do think that because of the movies are ending, the hype is kind of over. Of course, Potter-more, and the E-books and the last DVD coming out. But we should realise that after that, It sort of is getting to an end. No offense but the visual dictionnary almost proved that the end was approching, like the last step, the conclusion...

No offense but the visual dictionnary almost proved that the end was approching, like the last step, the conclusion...

I don't understand how that "proves" anything...There was a Star Wars dictionary and I'm fairly certain that SW is a line that will go on indefinitely.

I'm split on whether or not we will get anymore HP sets. Part of me doesn't see why there wouldn't be and the other doesn't want to get his hopes up...

-Derek

Edited by Derek

Well,not really proves! But, I know about Star Wars, of course that dictionary didn't announce an end, but it's star wars. But for me, when the HP dictionnary came, I was happy :wub: But I also though hmpff :sceptic: Because i knew that something like that makes it look like the end. I mean, one last, final review of all the sets and all the work the Lego Group has done. I sincerly hope I'm wrong, but we must face it, it is kind of announcing an end. Personaly I hoped, but had never expected a 2011 wave. I thought, alright it ends here, :sad: But then Diagon Alley was announced and everyting and I started hoping for more, then again I also realised that an exclussive set as Diagon Alley probably announced a good farewell to the theme. But my wishes were granted and three more sets made it into the shelves. So... we never know do we?

I got fed up with the speculation across the web so I emailed Lego Customer Service and got this response:

Dear Steven,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am so happy to hear from a fellow Harry Potter™ fan! I love the Harry Potter LEGO® sets and would be so sad to see them discontinue. I am not sure if we will continue to make the LEGO sets however. They may continue making the sets, but I can't tell you about any new LEGO® toys until they're actually available for purchase!

The best way to get sneak previews of our toys is to join the LEGO club, it's free! We'll even send you six LEGO magazines a year! All you need to do is go to www.LEGOclub.com and sign up, or call one of our experts at 1-800-835-4386 and let them know you want to join.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Happy building!

Lisa

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

So it looks like they are being extremely tight lipped about this. If I read this correctly; as of RIGHT NOW there is no official cancellation but it seems even Lego is uncertain if they will continue to make them or not (which could be good or bad for us die-hard HP LEGO fans). So perhaps, if they do, just one more small wave and that be it at best.

Edit: and Yes, I see how my mission to end speculation failed miserably with even more speculation lol

Edited by SBrown

[...]I am not sure if we will continue to make the LEGO sets however. They may continue making the sets, but I can't tell you about any new LEGO® toys until they're actually available for purchase![...]

This sounds pretty damn awesome! :wub: And pretty bad :laugh:

The thing is, they don't know if they will. They MAY (or may NOT) continue! So no big information there really.n Though, I feel like it "sounds" as if the person who wrote it, kind of wanted to show a bit of hope! But maybe that's just me reading things that are not there :tongue:

What do you think guys?

As for myself, I'd actually love to see more HP s I keep my hopes up, for now!

I though Harry Potter died once, and then it came back. I thought Spongebob was certainly dead, but it wasn't. Everybody thought Batman was dead, and now it's (sort of) back. So all in all… who knows. Perhaps we will get a few more sets. There are certainly some more set-worthy things that LEGO could make, and probably would if they were making more sets. LEGO recognizes how much people like never-before-seen minifigures, and there are some more prominent characters that they have yet to make.

All of this tells us nothing, really. There's no proof or evidence in either direction.

just saw some new screen shots from Years 5-7

the Sirius looks like it is an official figure!

*crosses fingers!*

Edited by 10or

All of this tells us nothing, really. There's no proof or evidence in either direction.

...which is actually the best news we could hope for at this point. The fact that LEGO hasn't outright announced the discontinuation of Harry Potter surprises me, so who knows? Maybe there's hope for this theme yet. The fact that the last Harry Potter video game has yet to come out could mean that there is some untapped potential in the theme (as LEGO sees it).

Personally, I'd love to see a Diagon Alley-style Hogsmede.

10or is right!

Just found some HD pictures of the new game, Sirius beeing so detailled sort of surprises me, but, after all, we may also assume the designers fo the game put extra effort in designing these again :classic:

6055558752_5a780e4e94.jpg

GET AWAY FROM MY GODSON!

Also, some more pictures from IGN for the other years.

6055558696_2cfd04c5aa.jpg

Umbridge and her squad.

6055009813_4074df45de.jpg

A shot of Horace Slughorn's home.

10or is right!

Just found some HD pictures of the new game, Sirius beeing so detailled sort of surprises me, but, after all, we may also assume the designers fo the game put extra effort in designing these again :classic:

6055558752_5a780e4e94.jpg

GET AWAY FROM MY GODSON!

6055558696_2cfd04c5aa.jpg

Umbridge and her squad.

6055009813_4074df45de.jpg

Where did you get them????? XD is it an IGN preview or something like that?

Edited by The Real Walkers

Poor Luna, she looks so sad! I'm lovin her with her ravenclaw uniform. And sirius looks awesome!

Chances are that the theme will come to an end next year. We might get a few more sets but then, along with the Harry Potter franchise, they will be gone for good :cry_sad:

On a nicer note I am defintaly impressed with the stuff we have seen from year 5-7 so far :thumbup:

Thank you! I've been wondering when that would be coming out! Does anybody know how long they will probably be selling, and are they in the isle where the regular sets are, or are they by the checkout? I've never gotten promo sets like these before, but these Harry Potter ones look good, and I still need a plainclothes Harry :sceptic: I hope to get one soon, but it may be a few weeks before I get there :hmpf_bad: Also, is there any news on the Lab set?

I agree with Orejon8, those torsos look amazing, and Ron's angry face looks great too! I also hope that Sword of Gryffindor that Ron is holding can be made in real bricks, it looks so much more like the real sword than the one we've gotten in the past.

Edited by Legomaster34

Chances are that the theme will come to an end next year. We might get a few more sets but then, along with the Harry Potter franchise, they will be gone for good :cry_sad:

On a nicer note I am defintaly impressed with the stuff we have seen from year 5-7 so far :thumbup:

sorry to break it to you, but the Harry Potter franchise will never be gone for good, not with Pottermore starting, the theme park, the studio tour, and all the dedicated fans, plus the movies will probably be re-released with extended scenes or something

like the new pic of the trio, really hope we can get those torsos and an angry Ron!

and with the trolley set, i have been hearing that it is a hit or miss at TRU, some have it and some have never even heard of it

Edited by 10or

Note: I deleted all of the pictures from the quotes to save space :P

10or is right!

GET AWAY FROM MY GODSON!

Umbridge and her squad.

Here's a few more from gamershell.com

~MC

A new Promo image! I really hope Lego makes this torsos, they are so cool.

You three are awesome :D With no new pictures from the game for quite some time, it is a relief to see so many new awesome picutres! Especially the promo one, where we finally see an angry Ron!!! :laugh: And yes, Sirius looks very detailed, maybe we might see a Sirius minifig in the future! :classic: Although I see Lucius still has his Goblet of Fire face, when I (personally) think that the new one is better :tongue: I also saw the full Godric's Hollow level, The HQ one has been deleted from YouTube, but there are still some on there :classic:

Matt

All those pictures are so lovely - I hope some of those redesigned mini figures will be available at some point!

As there is so much speculation about whether or not the license continues I wondered if all the arguments that are made against good sale figures couldn't mean that renewing the license too wouldn't be as expensive as it was a couple of years ago?

Also, I can't understand how one license could just replace another. Target groups are probably not the same, for instance, HP probably appeals to girls as much as to boys, which is certainly not the case with other licenses.

I don't know whether or not this is in topic but is anyone else thinking that we are likely too see a trailer soon since we've been recieving all these pictures recently?? I hope so :cry_happy:

Does anyone know if Trolley is avaliable in the UK yet??