commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Even with the initial disappointment when it was confirmed that the set wouldn't contain centaurs or unicorns or such, it seems that, in the end, Forbidden Forest still turned out to be a good set for its price! A nice, small tree! A mushroom! A new dark dress-piece and hair! A lich (err, I mean, Voldemort)! I'll definitely buy this one, even though I don't collect HP and dislike fleshies.

Superchris, don't worry. TLG would just be plain dumb to release the two bigger ones in june and then the smallest one in August. That's just stupid and Lego wouldn't do that. I mean, you don't follow up to big sets two months later with a super tiny one!!! But, if Lego was stupid enough to do that, I would cry also.

All three sets look great. Some slight disappointments, but nothing that'll stop me from buying them. The lack of any sign of the grim being included in the Knight Bus set is somewhat disappointing, but oh well, my dream of a minifigure head painted-up as the shrunken head have been realized. Can't read it, but the text under him on the front of the preliminary packaging looks like it says something different. Maybe Lego will be the first to give him a real name? The bus itself is slightly underwhelming, but definitely better than it's predecessor. Might order some parts to spruce it up a bit. Can't really tell what's going on inside of it, but it looks like the interior is nicely detailed. Hedwig's inclusion is nice, as is Ernie Prang's, and what seems to be the only Harry not in uniform in these sets.

The Battle for Hogwarts set continues to look good. Other than Lucious being included, and Harry being in his school uniform, this set looks pretty much perfect. Nagini is a nice little surprise. Maybe this set will have a sword after all :wink: I love the globe they've put in what I'm going to call the astronomy tower. Are there any interior pictures of this set? (haven't seen any, but haven't really looked for them, lol).

The Forbidden Forest is actually the best out of these new sets, imho. It's nice to see that Hagrid actually is in this set, and that Narcissa's minifigure has turned out quite well. The two-toned hair looks better than I thought it would. I find it slightly funny that the set on display has Voldemort holding Narcisa's wand, and her holding his. Harry being in his uniform is disappointing, but hopefully that'll change for the production version (the preliminary packaging shows him in normal clothing, so hopefully that par ends up more accurate than the set on display). The "forest" itself is actually quite nice. I'm assuming that the tan baseplates will end-up green for the production version. The tree is nice and big, and I love the inclusion of the mushroom. The blue flames are a nice inclusion, and make sense, since this set's story is going to be...tamer than the actual scene in the book/movie is. Nagini's inclusion in this set is nice to see. Would have been amazing if she was a new piece, and could be coiled around Voldemort, but this will do nicely. Even if this set ends up getting released later than the other two, I'll still probably get this set first, lol. While I'll be getting all three, this is the one I want the most. Will be nice to finally have a Lego Hagrid, and from a nice cheap set is a nice bonus.

Is it just me, or does it look like last year's Quidditch Match, Hagrid's Hut, Burrow, and Hogwarts sets are going to be rereleased this year? Would be great, as it would be nice to have a second chance to buy the castle set (only saw it at retail once).

Superchris, don't worry. TLG would just be plain dumb to release the two bigger ones in june and then the smallest one in August. That's just stupid and Lego wouldn't do that. I mean, you don't follow up to big sets two months later with a super tiny one!!! But, if Lego was stupid enough to do that, I would cry also.

It's gotta be a mistake then. We hope.

All three sets look great. Some slight disappointments, but nothing that'll stop me from buying them. The lack of any sign of the grim being included in the Knight Bus set is somewhat disappointing, but oh well, my dream of a minifigure head painted-up as the shrunken head have been realized. Can't read it, but the text under him on the front of the preliminary packaging looks like it says something different. Maybe Lego will be the first to give him a real name? The bus itself is slightly underwhelming, but definitely better than it's predecessor. Might order some parts to spruce it up a bit. Can't really tell what's going on inside of it, but it looks like the interior is nicely detailed. Hedwig's inclusion is nice, as is Ernie Prang's, and what seems to be the only Harry not in uniform in these sets.

The Battle for Hogwarts set continues to look good. Other than Lucious being included, and Harry being in his school uniform, this set looks pretty much perfect. Nagini is a nice little surprise. Maybe this set will have a sword after all :wink: I love the globe they've put in what I'm going to call the astronomy tower. Are there any interior pictures of this set? (haven't seen any, but haven't really looked for them, lol).

The Forbidden Forest is actually the best out of these new sets, imho. It's nice to see that Hagrid actually is in this set, and that Narcissa's minifigure has turned out quite well. The two-toned hair looks better than I thought it would. I find it slightly funny that the set on display has Voldemort holding Narcisa's wand, and her holding his. Harry being in his uniform is disappointing, but hopefully that'll change for the production version (the preliminary packaging shows him in normal clothing, so hopefully that par ends up more accurate than the set on display). The "forest" itself is actually quite nice. I'm assuming that the tan baseplates will end-up green for the production version. The tree is nice and big, and I love the inclusion of the mushroom. The blue flames are a nice inclusion, and make sense, since this set's story is going to be...tamer than the actual scene in the book/movie is. Nagini's inclusion in this set is nice to see. Would have been amazing if she was a new piece, and could be coiled around Voldemort, but this will do nicely. Even if this set ends up getting released later than the other two, I'll still probably get this set first, lol. While I'll be getting all three, this is the one I want the most. Will be nice to finally have a Lego Hagrid, and from a nice cheap set is a nice bonus.

Is it just me, or does it look like last year's Quidditch Match, Hagrid's Hut, Burrow, and Hogwarts sets are going to be rereleased this year? Would be great, as it would be nice to have a second chance to buy the castle set (only saw it at retail once).

I noticed the wand mix up too but isn't voldemort supposed to have the elder wand not his white one? So it'd be the sand colored one?

I am not a big HP fan but these sets all look really nice, like last year's sets (I own Dobby's Release and Quidditch Practice). I will be getting the Forbidden Forest mostly since it'll be a cheap way of getting Hagrid and Voldemort, but that Narcissa minifig looks pretty cool too; as for the tree, it can easily double as an Endor tree :grin:

Edited by DarkFader

I noticed the wand mix up too but isn't voldemort supposed to have the elder wand not his white one? So it'd be the sand colored one?

that is a good point

Thanks for the pics! The forbidden forest is cheap and a great way to get Hagrid and Voldemort.

Knight bus is over priced, but look at those pruple pieces! A must buy for MOCers.

Hogwarts is ok. I still hate all the bulky pieces, but the figs are great.

I'll definetly get the Forbidden forest. I'm still a little :wacko: on the Knight bus, and I am not getting the Battle for Hogwarts.

Good point Luna, once again !

Nothing escapes to your eye. Have you spotted some Nargles already ? :laugh:

I know everybody thinks the Knight Bus is kinda over-prized, especially if you know that the older one is much better. I will defenatly not be buying this set. I might go look for the minifis on Bricklink though :laugh:

Edited by Geertos13

I'm liking the Knight Bus and Forbidden Forest! Now I have to chose which sets to get with my limited budget. (Out of PotC, Alien Conquest, Kingdom, and these two HP sets)

Edited by prateek

Thanks for the pics, these new sets look great :thumbup: , especially the Forbidden Forest set, there are so many good minifigs for a small set. The Knight Bus isn't bad either, the purple bricks and the minifigs in it are great but my only complaint with it would be that the wheels on it are too close together. :sceptic:

~buddy~

I've just had a great idea! If you are planning to buy the new Hogwarts set you should swap Harry's top with Neville's, that way Neville is in his uniform and we get a casual Harry!

Only set that I'm going to buy is Forbidden forest, I don't like Knight Bus and I'm disappointed with Battle of Hogwarts, yes we get awesome figs in it, but for some reason I don't like this set :sceptic:

The Forbidden Forrest is a perfect set. It is just very cheap, includes great minifigs and has an extra mushroom! Great!

The Knight Bus on the other hand is not that interesting, while the battle of Hogwarts is only a good minifig pack. Hence, I guess it will only be the Forbidden Forrest for me, which is good for my wallet anyway...

I think the two towers for the Battle for Hogwarts set are two halves of one. If you look closely, they each have a hinge.

Freeing Dobby has not sold very well as compared to the other sets which have all but sold out everywhere......in this price bracket it will The Forbidden Forest will be the other way....it will sell out for sure.....why ?

The two main characters fight to the death......Ow, yeah ! :devil:

By the looks of it my HP budget will be fine this year....only three sets and I'll leave it to my son to decide which ones he wants ! :grin:

Keep on casting spells ! :grin:

For everyone worrying about getting Tonks minifig, I don't think we have to worry. Why? BEcause Tonks has a major part in the 5th movie and that is what the 2nd HP videogame is gonna be about. Also because she is a fan-favorite and TLG has been making quite a few fan-favorites lately....

Just wanted to put that out there! :classic:

I forgot to mention that I see a knob at the back of the walkway in the BFH set. I believe that when you turn it, there will be an 'explosion' feature and the platform connected to it will lift up.

Are there any pictures of the inside from BfH?

I really want to see that :D

Not that I've seen, yet, but I'm hoping we get some soon. I'll be surrpised if part of one of the towers isn't made-up to look like part of the room of requirement. I also wouldn't be too surprised if one of the towers rocky basements was a small version of the chamber of secrets.

I saw Nagini and lol'd. Pretty weak on Lego's part, imo. The snake is suppose to be incredibly large for a serpent when compared to the human body but they simply used the small green snake I got out of pharaohs. If anyone tries to count that as a minifig like people tried to do Mrs. Norris in the Castle, they need to have cold water splashed in their faces.

The sets overall look good. I will be getting two BFH and several Forbidden forests. I only need one Knight Bus obviously.

Still, I can't help but chuckle at "Nagini"