Vincent Kessels

MOC: Dutch Irish Pub

I wonder what the original building of Aliencat was like. Is there a photograph of it?

Fantastic 'Vincent', the Lego sign is an AWESOME touch to it...plus that little trick with the antennas above the rear door. :thumbup:

The front of it screams Irish pub......anyone for a Kilkenny ? :drunk:

Brick On Drink On 'Vincent' :classic:

Like I said on Flickr, I really like this one - and there are several details that particularly appeal to me: The whole white part that finishes off the top floor; the colour combinations with the dark green ground floor with yellow accents; the arch that leads to the back yard; and not least, the Lego magnet, which just tops off everything perfectly.

Obviously, the interior is lovely as well - but I think my favourite thing with this is the execution of the concept: A wonderfully designed corner building of limited size. It would look great between, say, a Green Grocer and a Fire Brigade, even though it's smaller - it's just what an urban street corner could be like. Great job!

Another great building!

That's an impressive facade decorating the roof.

And I like the fact that you can instantly recognise the Irish pub without signs.

And also a very nice interior. I am impressed, I myself really struggle with that part.

Here is the original by Alientcat.

Thanks! You made a fantastic Irish pub from the original. Especially the interior seems larger than the outside, with so many different features in it.

Fantastic building, I love the use of dark green and brown here!

It is definitely typical of an Irish pub, or possibly even English.

Great build :thumbup:

Great modular building!

Your MOC has a really tiny look, I really like it! The color scheme is very nice : the dark green with the yellow strips work very well. The white sections from the roof add a nice contraste with the brown of the wall and the black of the roof. The porch section is very well too. I would like to be a minifig and go under it when it rains and to discover all the sides of this cossy house!

The road section to go to this porch is well done, with the different of level with the regular sidewalk.

And you have some great details inside! And that adds a lot!

Great work! You have a nice layout with all your other modulars!