Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Does anyone think TLG will release monster fighter keyrings? They usually do for action themes don't they? I hope so I would love a vampire, ghost or zombie dangling from my keys :sweet:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already or not as I'm only on page 65 and trying to catch up. Back there wave 2 possibilities are being discussed. My idea is what if Dracula/Vampire Lord wins and achieves his goal of eclipsing the sun? It would open up a 2nd wave for new monsters, sets, and monster fighters. I'm a big fan of Atlantis and aquaraiders and all the underwater themes so maybe Dracula starts hiding the gemstones, as they're the key to both starting and stopping the eclipse, so he sends the ghost ship off with some of them. The ship gets one, and the captain has already hidden a few. Back to my love for underwater themes, maybe one of them has been thrown over board thinking the fighters could never possibly get to it, but the inventive fighters come up with a steampunk-ish looking submarine to dive down and get it. Maybe an ancestor of Brains built it. Anyways, the swamp creature could either come back or we could meet some of his underwater monster friends.

Just my thoughts. Also, this theme seems very close to Monster Squad. An amazing movie if you've never seen it. It's many gems instead of one, and they're trying to eclipse the sun instead of opening a monster portal. That could also be a good idea for wave 2. Maybe Dracula is looking for reinforcements.

For those Polybag collectors nuts like me! :wacko:

I will be getting a bunch of these next week or so!

p_30201_polybag_ghost.jpg

So PM me if you are in need and have something to trade for it!

I'm sure I wouldn't have anything remotely useful to you that you couldn't simply have already gotten from Bricklink, as my meager stash of lego is limited already, however I'm sure info on how these will be attained/where/when, seeing as you are going to be attaining some of these as/when you say, perhaps you might be able to release to us this info? :classic:

I'm sure I wouldn't have anything remotely useful to you that you couldn't simply have already gotten from Bricklink, as my meager stash of lego is limited already, however I'm sure info on how these will be attained/where/when, seeing as you are going to be attaining some of these as/when you say, perhaps you might be able to release to us this info? :classic:

seconded :-)

For those Polybag collectors nuts like me! :wacko:

I will be getting a bunch of these next week or so!

Where can you get them?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I mentioned this a little earlier in the thread but now I took a picture of the Swamp Creature I got. Anyone else experiencing the same problem as me? The eye sockets on the mask don't line up with the head printing :sad:

7205890984_79e47d98e7_z.jpg

I mentioned this a little earlier in the thread but now I took a picture of the Swamp Creature I got. Anyone else experiencing the same problem as me? The eye sockets on the mask don't line up with the head printing :sad:

{pic}

No, I think it's just the design. The same thing is happening with my copy of the figure. :wink:

I have the same issue. Not sure if it's really a problem or it's suppose to be like.

7205890984_79e47d98e7_z.jpg

I'm thinking the little green showing above the eye is meant to illustrate Nicitating Membranes.

Especially considering the mouth looks perfectly placed (i.e. it doesn't look like a printing error).

Edited by Graysmith

I'm thinking the little green showing above the eye is meant to illustrate Nicitating Membranes.

Especially considering the mouth looks perfectly placed (i.e. it doesn't look like a printing error).

I took a picture of the side of the box

7206264462_118b56708a_z.jpg

This one looks much better than what I got :sad:

Well in that case it's definitely misprinted.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's misprinted, it appears everyone's version is 'misprinted'. But do you ever notice that sometimes on toys the version that is on the box is slightly better quality colours/build than the version that someone actually receives inside the box?

Unless someone else comes along and has a perfect non misprinted version, I would assume this is simply a case of that box art version is the perfect version used for visual aesthetics, whereas the version actually inside is the version used for mass-producing.

This sort of thing happened a lot with Transformers toys. Pics on the rear of the packaging had much better quality colours/detail and weren't 100% replicated with the toy that was with it.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's misprinted, it appears everyone's version is 'misprinted'. But do you ever notice that sometimes on toys the version that is on the box is slightly better quality colours/build than the version that someone actually receives inside the box?

Unless someone else comes along and has a perfect non misprinted version, I would assume this is simply a case of that box art version is the perfect version used for visual aesthetics, whereas the version actually inside is the version used for mass-producing.

This sort of thing happened a lot with Transformers toys. Pics on the rear of the packaging had much better quality colours/detail and weren't 100% replicated with the toy that was with it.

Yeah, but how often (if ever) do any LEGO minifigure heads appear misprinted/misaligned with their headpieces? I can't think of any that I own where the head printing didn't match up perfectly or so close that you can't see any difference with the naked eye. That goes for the Made in China Collectable Minifigures too. So LEGOs margin of error of what's acceptable would seem to be far more strict than the 1-2 mm displacement on this Swamp Creature's head.. If it's not a true misprint, then someone screwed up the head printing template pretty badly.

If you look in the SW forum, then you'll see that mis-printing is more common than you realise. Take the Asohka head for example. There have been examples where the different colours are mis-aligned. Not by much, but enough that it is quite noticeable if you look at it.

Example:

Shaak Ti 's Head piece doesn't match up perfectly or even unnoticably to the head printing of the white bits around her eyes.

On the head piece, the orange gap in the middle is wider than it is on her actual head.

Also you can notice the gap of red where the white doesn't bleed off into the head piece so well.

It's not as perfect as one would assume.

*edit*

I actually don't get the big fuss about it. OK it is clear that on the box version the head is printed slightly higher so it all matches perfectly, but the actual consumer version, well, it just looks like his eyelids. It isn't that out of place, and it certainly doesn't look like a 'huge' mistake.

Just found another 'printing' mistake on the first model I picked up that was close to me.

Looking from underneath my new 9492 Tie fighter, the printing of the gray on the bubble cockpit glass window isn't parallel to the edge of the cockpit bubble piece.

I notice it, but it's no biggie.

I can bet there are loads of these bubble canopy pieces that are misprinted, I also do wonder if I'm the first one to notice it as it isn't that noticeable at all, unless you are looking for imperfections. But simply for the fact I have made the mistake aware, it is more likely to be deemed an issue now, just for the sake of wanting a 'perfect printing' than it is to those who are already happy with it being what it is overall.

Edited by Fuppylodders

I don't think it's a HUGE deal either, but I do hope that it's just a bad batch and that it will be corrected in future runs of the set. Even with an acceptable margin of error it shouldn't normally be that much difference. It's also worth pointing out that it didn't appear misaligned when it was shown at toy fairs or in official photos.

Edited by Graysmith

It could very well be a bad first batch of them, and I would hope it is just down to that and that they will be better in the future, but with regards to the toyfair/official images, is it possible that that particular minifig is one and the same from the pics/toyfair etc, that it was the one used for the photography for the official images/box art? (I don't know, I'm just spitballing here :wacko: )

There was also a case this past year where the PotC Fountain of Youth set showed shiny gold coins and bars on the box, but then everyone was opening them up to find pearl gold for those pieces. Us crazy AFOLs were able to write in to Lego and got sent chrome versions. And then later in the production run, TLG started putting in the chromed version instead of pearl gold.

The most fun is when people get misprints on their figs. I guess time will tell if the swamp man head is a one-off misprint, will be changed later in the run, or just the way it's intended to be.

There was also a case this past year where the PotC Fountain of Youth set showed shiny gold coins and bars on the box, but then everyone was opening them up to find pearl gold for those pieces. Us crazy AFOLs were able to write in to Lego and got sent chrome versions. And then later in the production run, TLG started putting in the chromed version instead of pearl gold.

The most fun is when people get misprints on their figs. I guess time will tell if the swamp man head is a one-off misprint, will be changed later in the run, or just the way it's intended to be.

The pearl gold issue was a unique one, since LEGO was aware of the issue soon after it happened, but was forced to ship the imperfect sets for fear of disappointing retailers who expected them by a certain date, and potentially losing them as customers. This headpiece is an issue, but not as big of an issue, so I'm not even sure if this will be changed later on down the line.

Well it certainly won't happen if LEGO doesn't know about the problem.. So the first step should be to get in touch with LEGO (through EB's ambassadors maybe) and make them aware that the Swamp Creature's head is misprinted and that they need to take care of that for later sets if they haven't realized it themselves.

Does anyone think TLG will release monster fighter keyrings? They usually do for action themes don't they? I hope so I would love a vampire, ghost or zombie dangling from my keys :sweet:

Don't see why not.

I still have my ghost and vampire key chains from the last time LEGO churned them out. :classic:

Don't see why not.

I still have my ghost and vampire key chains from the last time LEGO churned them out. :classic:

Hopefully they'll see them as potential sellers. They didn't release any Space keychains for SP3 and Mars Mission, but hopefully that was because they already had science fiction key chains... I really need to get keychains from this theme. :wub: