Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Lord Rex will be having new adventures in Historica. One of the reasons for stepping down is so he explore without worrying about the running of the land. But he will never be without worry, Avalonia is home and he will always want the best for it. Remaining loyal, Rex will be ready to fight for Avalonia if the need arises.

In the mean time, he's off to search for new places in the mystic Isles.

On another note, perhaps a competition to decide who will be the next ruler of Avalonia?

A tournament? The greatest Knights of Avalonia competing for the title of ruler!

So an unofficial challenge? I'm going mid week to Michigan for my sixth vacation this summer. The vacation I've been saving my liver for. Michigan has some of the best breweries in the world. They rival those of Belgium and Germany and NW Indiana.

Hate to do a "me too" post, but I figure it also serves as an official statement:

Lord Kelperth and his men will remain in Darwynia to help with the rebuilding efforts and maintain governance of their province.

I've just had too many ideas lately, and now is the time to focus on them without the restrictions of a contest or challenge.

I'm on holiday too, and won't be back till the 30th, but when I'm back I'll be ready for any challenge needed to secure the throne, and prove the Lost Vega odd makers wrong!

And Trian Burress can't even get on the board? True, he had planned to travel to Nocty, but with a vacant throne...

don't rule me out either! but for the moment, avalonia, heres my last MOC for you

9347929072_0c9ed4c3a3_c.jpg

So an unofficial challenge? I'm going mid week to Michigan for my sixth vacation this summer. The vacation I've been saving my liver for. Michigan has some of the best breweries in the world. They rival those of Belgium and Germany and NW Indiana.

Where at in Michigan? I'm between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, and we definitely have some great breweries here. I would recommend Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo...the Oberon is great this time of year!

@Kayne I'm no stranger to Bell's. I'm mostly a Two Hearted and Hop Slam guy(when it's around) but Oberon is pretty good for a light beer. Unfortunatley I'll be out of range to Bell's and Founder's.

So I'm in for the challenge. I propose a no rules challenge for the throne.

My last freebuild: A round ruined tower.

9351193408_d4cc7c4022_z.jpg

So I'm in for the challenge. I propose a no rules challenge for the throne.

Yeah. Thats like having a duel where one guy challenges you for a swordplay and you show up in a tank. Nonsense.

Rules, maybe even two categories - one for the throne, one for his counselor - and then let the fun begin. Otherwise its just plain old anarchy - and whats the point in getting a new ruler then, I ask?

Why is it your last?

I believe he means most recent. Even Americans will say "last week" when it obviously wasn't the last week as they are in the next week :wink:

@Rolli We shouldn't have any milk drinkers going for the throne or anyone who hasn't been with Avalonia the whole way through.

So how do you want to prevent this without any rules? There are quite a few who have been with Avalonia since the start - I'm only one of them.

@Rolli You had a large absence. Your not qualified to go for the throne.

@Settle Your in the same position as Rolli. Who will stay under your rule? As far as Avalonia goes, I don't even know who you and Rollli are. I own the largest land. That makes me the rightful successor, regardless of anything. That makes me king.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

I own the largest land. That makes me the rightful successor, regardless of anything. That makes me king.

So, according to your logic, also the following would be true?

1. The person with the most bricks is the best builder? (Hint: Ask our dear Legonardo for that.)

2. The person with the biggest brain is automatically the most intelligent?

3. The person with the fastest car is automatically the best driver?

X. The person with the most blather is the rightful king? Paha.

I don't acknowledge your - if you want to call it this - claim at all. And: I won't stay under your rule at all. Favoring rebellion instead but thats another topic. And I suppose I'm not the only one.

And: I was the only one except for ZC that won a challenge. Don't I have a rightful claim on the throne, too, if I would want it?

So, according to your logic, also the following would be true?

1. The person with the most bricks is the best builder? (Hint: Ask our dear Legonardo for that.)

2. The person with the biggest brain is automatically the most intelligent?

3. The person with the fastest car is automatically the best driver?

X. The person with the most blather is the rightful king? Paha.

I don't acknowledge your - if you want to call it this - claim at all. And: I won't stay under your rule at all. Favoring rebellion instead but thats another topic. And I suppose I'm not the only one.

And: I was the only one except for ZC that won a challenge. Don't I have a rightful claim on the throne, too, if I would want it?

Well officially ZC and you were the only Avalonian challenge winners, Rogue and Captain were both announced as winners for Challenge V and VI respectively: "he (ZC) was DQed from winning an individual prize this round and the Orc will go to the very deserving rogueang." And "Orc shall go to Captain Beerbeard."

Well officially ZC and you were the only Avalonian challenge winners, Rogue and Captain were both announced as winners for Challenge V and VI respectively: "he (ZC) was DQed from winning an individual prize this round and the Orc will go to the very deserving rogueang." And "Orc shall go to Captain Beerbeard."

Sure, I know that ZC stepped down multiple times. But I wanted to apply this stubborn logic Beerbeard has to show him that he isn't right. Anyway, I'm not trying to become ruler of Avalonia, I have way too many other things right now that keep stealing time from me and would keep me from doing the job properly.

Edited by Rolli