Sign in to follow this  
rupi

(very) small fort...

Hi

I just wanted to post some pics of my modest little moc, I get really inspired when I see some great mocs here but for now with the pieces I have this is what I could do.

It is a small fort, it has a prision cell and a tower where the treasure is guarded, besides that is empty inside.

Thanks for looking.

P9051280red.jpgP9051284red.jpg

P9051277red.jpgP9051275red.jpg

P9051274red.jpg

Well I think that it looks great.

Reminds me of the little Black Falcon castle, but in a imperial version.

This would work well as an outpost to a bigger fortress.

This fort isn't that small - well compared to the forts I've built it isn't! :-D

Is this your first fort Mr Rupi? It looks like quite a good effort but may I suggest a couple of things:

p9051284_red.jpg

In the tower there is a yellow 1 x 4 brick, this could be replaced by a lattice fence: 3633.1065833055.jpg

Underneath the parapet are some yellow bricks, they could be replaced with slopes: 3660.1078288880.jpg

I realise you might not have these parts but I thought I'd offer some feedback.

I've also taken the liberty of uploading your images to a Folder in my Brickshelf account so I can link the pictures directly in the thread, however I recommend you get a Brickshelf of your own.

I see Mr Rupi is now using Photobucket so my comments about Brickshelf might be obsolete! But just incase you're not aware Mr Rupi www.brickshelf.com is a website dedicated to hosting LEGO images. The advantage it has over Photobucket is many LEGO fanatics browse through the pictures so your MOC has more chance of being seen by other Pirate LEGO fans.

Hey that's a wonderfull little fort! Looks like something TLC could have made, Mr Phes has some valid points about the lattice fence and slopes. Mr Rupi does this fort have a name??

p9051284_red.jpg

Look at here! see the blue flag, it is turned opside down!(or do I always put them opside down)??

Hey that's a wonderfull little fort! Looks like something TLC could have made, Mr Phes has some valid points about the lattice fence and slopes. Mr Rupi does this fort have a name??

p9051284_red.jpg

Look at here! see the blue flag, it is turned opside down!(or do I always put them opside down)??

Since this flag is supposed to represent an royal french flag, the symbol in the middle is a lily (fleur-de-lis).

So indeed, it should be turned.

Fleurdelis.jpg

Maybe you can print this flag and put it on the fort :-).

The uniform are napoleonic anyway...

french_flag.gif

Here's the (supposedly) real flag in action...

PR4.jpg

But it seems to lack the Fleur-de-lis? So which is more accurate the LEGO Flag or the Flag in that picture? Get the French historians in here! Or even the Belgian one will do :-D

I'm not a French historian, but the cannon's and crown from the lego flag don't seem accurate to me, the fleur-de-lis variant seems more accurate to me, altough I don't think the lis looks like a black bird in real....

Here's the (supposedly) real flag in action...

PR4.jpg

But it seems to lack the Fleur-de-lis? So which is more accurate the LEGO Flag or the Flag in that picture? Get the French historians in here! Or even the Belgian one will do :-D

Aha Mr Phes, I have questions about the origin of your picture.

It doesn't look like France ;-)

This is the flag we should be looking at:

qc-flag1.gif

And this is the full size lego version:

43px2.jpg

The little flag is just a smaller version designed by lego.

2335p04.gif

That is a very good question Emperor Bonaparte! I found it using a Google image search and by looking at the website it has originated from I'd suspect maybe the source isn't that reliable. Apparently its part of a reconstruction of Port Royal in Quebec so we must send Evil Willy there to investigate immediately.

Here's a link to the website in which it came

Thank you all for the nice comments. :-)

This isnt the first fort, I tried other designs, but like I said with the pieces I have right now I couldnt do anything better.

In deed the flag is upside down...

And thank you Mr. Phes for the suggestions. I just dont have those fences or enough slopes to use, but it would really look better ...

Mr Rupi you have done a fine job as it is, so pat yourelf on the back for a job well done! It kinda reminds me of LEGO's first yellow Castle actually, this is kinda like a smaller Imperial Guard version. It also reminds me of the Sultan's Tower The Brickster designed about 6 months ago.

This is a sweet little building you have here Mr. Rupi, although the big tower makes it look more like a church or something rather than a fort. I like your avatar too, great use of that dino attack head.

Its a watch tower Mr Oo7! It needs a pointy roof so all the rain pours off, just a pitty the wind would probably blow it over in a hurricane.