yesterday i had made a little torture for the drivetrain. the conclusion was to to make a stronger frame, even for tests like these . and the steering links has to prevent before popping out. but i think the drivetrain is stable enough.

since this test i had made a little progress. the servos for steering are skipped because the high steering angles are not good possible with a servo. and the tire winch is skipped to a manual one

8753007513_2bd391d082.jpg

If you put a lift arm behind the ball joint (allowing room for movement) that might help to stop it coming of the chassis.

If you raised the back suspension up thus bringing down the front, might that improve traction?

Ps Do I spot a beer belly? :tongue:

I seem to have gotten lost with all the progress, what happened to the strong yellow brick chassis that you were using before?

tim

i simply need the space for the drivetrain of the outriggers and other undercarriage functions

edit:

a few minutes ago, i made the final hosing for the pneumatic cylinders, i saw something what i dont like. a broken universal joint

8753841967_77791b2fcb.jpg

8754966186_9ab4e12137.jpg

Edited by efferman

yes and no. when it is clean the friction is very low, with sand in it it is hard to turn

my inspiration in cranebuilding does currently dont want working, so i need something little in between to get the head free. so i have a little quiz for you

8838545321_df16e3d45d_z.jpg

a small hint: i have tried it some time ago and i have failed

perfect answer. i want see if it is working better with newer parts and new ideas

Edited by efferman

I saw it on Flickr: :grin:

"This photo also appears in:

10178 with turning circle"

I'm looking forward to this project!

Edited by fresko

the easy thing is done, it walks in circles, the hard thing will be to balance it out with the head and hull

Cool!! That is very good!

I especially like that it has a turning system. Best one yet, and i cant wait to see it with a shell.

-ED-

PS: I would love to see some good pictures or instructions for this. Also, it would be great for Cuusoo...

Do you have any instructions for your walker I might get? It looks sweet!

thanks guys, but i will make instructions only when it works properly with head and on carpet. currently it works and turns well, but without the head and body it is useless

thanks guys, but i will make instructions only when it works properly with head and on carpet. currently it works and turns well, but without the head and body it is useless

I'll be looking forward to that! :thumbup:

ok, carpet is again a small problem but this version works much better. it is now more narrow at the legs, but two studs longer between front and back legs.

8891418112_623e5884fd.jpg

8890796211_ccbcbee5fe_z.jpg

8891419226_d05c67a1a2.jpg

and heres the vid

Edited by efferman