My would be on 1:15 but still struggling with wheel & tire solution (to make it low profile for singles)...

Given that your driving this around on cobblestones and performing some very sharp turns, its very impressive!

Its certainly going to be a hit at show's....you now need a lego load instead of that cardboard tube!

Very nice system! This is mesmerizing to look at... :)

I suggest using the Lego Apollo rocket as load in shows.

-Espen D-

Thanks guys. iam still speculating about some proper payloads. The Saturn 5 is one of them, an other one is an oversize Dr.Brickhead :D

Efferman I'm quite glad you can poke fun at yourself. Actually you were not to bad though, we tend to drive the prime movers ( tractor unit ) deep into the corner then turn. Most roads you still have the run off either side so you can still gain a truck width. A lot of the times for tight manoeuvring we put a pusher truck on the rear and all he does is steer the rear trailer.

I do have trailer steer controls in the cab that I can over ride the guide turntable, takes time and practice.

I do like how your system is so modular. and easier to change..

16 hours ago, efferman said:

@brickless_kiwi

Thank you very much.

How does the override works?

640x480.jpg

Ok, Here goes, My old eight row trailer that we built used a slew ring from a Hitachi as the load pivot point but also we used the outer ring gears to drive the turntable computer as we called it, ( all hydro-mechanical ) no electronics to set the rate of turn for the length being transported. 

Yellow arm is the ram from the turntable computer Blue is the linkage to the steering rods ( literally how your Moc works ) and Green is the override Ram. Gray pin is the pivot point .

Left Normal down the road straight,

Middle over ride pushes the steering link out to initiate a faster turn. ( or you can pull it in to delay the turntable ram allowing you to go deeper into the corner  

Right the steering turntable has turned with the load and the over ride ram has been moved back to normal to allow the turntable to control steering. 

Hope this helps..

The upper carriage of the follower is done. Tommorow the chassis, or should i use a Module?

48044507026_93d810a07d_c.jpg

48044540663_393cc7dd69_c.jpg

48044541373_fdafeffbc3_c.jpg

48044509241_14c1e9646b_c.jpg

photos from the convention of your setup with that payload would be great :thumbup:

is there the other bits of that payload at the convention too? it looks impressive! (wind turbine right?)

Photos and a Vid will made for sure. Unfortunately the fan blade is the only part the owner has made.  Maybe because the turbine would have a diameter of more than 3m. I dont think a lego connection could handle something like this.

Good morning Efferman,

Is the convention this weekend or next weekend and where at please as I would love to see your creations with my own eyes.

Thanks

Chip.

Hi, the Convention is this weekend at

Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
Campus Sankt Augustin
Grantham Allee 20

53757 Sankt Augustin

Germany

The entry is free

Thanks Efferman for the reply

I'm in Germany for a month and was hoping it was next weekend as I'm busy at Glasbachrennen this weekend, one day maybe?

Thanks again

Chip.

Very impressive that you've managed to fit suspension there too! I really do wish Lego would make sets of this type

Sets with a follower carriage?

Hopefully the wing fits.

48053940601_0ee4d45f06_c.jpg

48054032522_f190009bbb_c.jpg

Now i can start playing Tetris.

48055690563_3ee460f9ed_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Fortunately the Trailer has worked as expected. A vid with a overview over the trucks around will come later