kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Wow, that synopsis is interesting. Black Phantom getting defeated so early and that hand at the end make really wonder on who really is the mastermind behind all this. I wonder if Nebula is going to become a recurring major villain at this point, much like a HF!Teridax. Getting a revamped Von Nebula in 2013 would be cool- I never got his set, as I wasn't too fond of its design, despite it having many cool concepts. A newbuildingstyle!Von Nebula set would potentially be amazing. [/b]

If Von Nebula does make a return, that would be the single most coolest thing ever. I'd love to see what Lego could do with a new building style Nebula.

And hopefully Lego can also salvage his character. Still dissapointed in how he was portrayed in RotR.

Kalhiki

I hope that he will be involved in the 2013 story as well, and every story from now on, manipulating events from behind the scenes, then in Hero Factory's last line he will finally confront Stormer yet again.

Ugh, that sounds like a horrible butchering of the great aesthetic HF has; among other things, I don't think children would really appreciate the bad guy always and forever getting away in the end. I'd like him to come back, sure (especially since he could easily use the same mask piece, which opens up a world of new design possibilities), but a recurring, neverending villain just sounds so boring.

Anyhow, interesting synopsis. Sounds like a generic amalgamation of everything we've learned so far plus already out-there speculation, but I dunno. Could still happen. Rocka being on the recon team sounds more like he was performing a reconnaissance mission, rather than being on the team itself, but like I said, we'll see.

Also, as far as sets, I'd say Rocka and Furno. Rocka is a bit of a jumble, but all of his individual elements are really kinda nifty. And Furno is just awesome.

Also also I got BP and am about to build him.

Ugh, that sounds like a horrible butchering of the great aesthetic HF has; among other things, I don't think children would really appreciate the bad guy always and forever getting away in the end. I'd like him to come back, sure (especially since he could easily use the same mask piece, which opens up a world of new design possibilities), but a recurring, neverending villain just sounds so boring.

*cough* Dr Wily...*cough*

You're missing the point a little I think; I don't mean that he should have a set every year, and should be featured in every TV episode, I mean that in the last line/television episode it should be revealed that some unsolved mysteries/happenings were the result of Von Nebula manipulating events from behind the scenes, in order to help bring down Stormer and Hero Factory once and for all. In said story/episode, he could actually make an appearance, and have a final showdown with Stormer after a long period of planning/scheming. At this time, I believe that they should release a second, final Von Nebula set for the occasion.

You're missing the point a little I think; I don't mean that he should have a set every year, and should be featured in every TV episode, I mean that in the last line/television episode it should be revealed that some unsolved mysteries/happenings were the result of Von Nebula manipulating events from behind the scenes, in order to help bring down Stormer and Hero Factory once and for all. In said story/episode, he could actually make an appearance, and have a final showdown with Stormer after a long period of planning/scheming. At this time, I believe that they should release a second, final Von Nebula set for the occasion.

I actually like this idea...

Von Nebula was HF's best main villain IMO.

That seems like even more of a cheat, really. "oh, beeteedubs, what you just did is pointless because some guy had a hand in everything and you haven't caught him yet". To a point, that's what killed BIONICLE; HF has intentionally, thus far, avoided repeating villains in order to not make the same mistake of bogging things down in a mythos. The Breakout was a nice touch, as story goes, but they need to tread a fine line in order to avoid what BIONICLE became entrenched in: repetition.

That seems like even more of a cheat, really. "oh, beeteedubs, what you just did is pointless because some guy had a hand in everything and you haven't caught him yet". To a point, that's what killed BIONICLE; HF has intentionally, thus far, avoided repeating villains in order to not make the same mistake of bogging things down in a mythos. The Breakout was a nice touch, as story goes, but they need to tread a fine line in order to avoid what BIONICLE became entrenched in: repetition.

Just because he would've had a hand in things would not make what other main villains do "pointless" IMO. If I had it my way, I would have the big bad of whatever story doing the most damage, with Von Nebula just being slightly in league with them, manipulating small things in his favour, to aid him in eventually destroying Stormer. I wouldn't call this "repetitious" as the only mention of it would be Stormer saying something like: "So it was you who made that happen!" In the last ever episode, the episode he actually confronts Nebula.

In retrospect, it looks like he's going to be coming back anyway, from what Jaeyeon has said.

Just because he would've had a hand in things would not make what other main villains do "pointless" IMO. If I had it my way, I would have the big bad of whatever story doing the most damage, with Von Nebula just being slightly in league with them, manipulating small things in his favour, to aid him in eventually destroying Stormer. I wouldn't call this "repetitious" as the only mention of it would be Stormer saying something like: "So it was you who made that happen!" In the last ever episode, the episode he actually confronts Nebula.

In retrospect, it looks like he's going to be coming back anyway, from what Jaeyeon has said.

To me, that's latent BIONICLE nostalgia; I'm imagining this post in one of those comedic juxtapositions where you replace VN's name with Teridax =P. HF's whole shtick thus far has been a fresh wave of villains every single time, essentially having to avoid referring to previous events to maintain interest. It seems weird that they're going back on that, but hopefully they can keep things fresh.

How? Please elaborate.

Thelonious Fox used to be part of a standard Hero team, but when he/she joined recon team they "mysteriously disappeared" and weren't seen at the factory anymore.

Heroes Carter and Flint have no idea what happened. Fox was on their team before joining Recon Team.

Need I also point out that Rocka still is a rookie hero?

Edited by Jetrax99

Well it's good to have a small mythos sometimes. It's kinda like the character development in the show (what little there admittedly is), and for a kid's toyline, you're gonna need to pick it up a bit sometime. Not that it should go to the level of detail of Bionicle, but a scenario like that where our good friend Von Ness comes back could work. Remember the start of the HF website and the past missions? Yeah. They were boring to look at, but now we have some material to add to that. Criminals can make second appearances, it's normal.

Thelonious Fox used to be part of a standard Hero team, but when he/she joined recon team they "mysteriously disappeared" and weren't seen at the factory anymore.

Heroes Carter and Flint have no idea what happened. Fox was on their team before joining Recon Team.

Need I also point out that Rocka still is a rookie hero?

I think this works well together; perhaps, because he is a rookie, he currently has one of the lesser roles, so he can still spend time with Alpha Team. I can see why they would want to recruit Rocka; he is one of the most talented rookies Hero Factory has. I mean, has it ever been confirmed that rookies can't be accepted altogether? I don't think so.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

I don't see much of a problem with returning villains. I mean, many famous kid's shows feature a standard ensemble of bad guys, like Transformers or Batman. Of course, that shouldn't mean that I want to see the same baddies every year, but I wouldn't mind a new Von Nebula set if it looks good.

I don't see much of a problem with returning villains. I mean, many famous kid's shows feature a standard ensemble of bad guys, like Transformers or Batman. Of course, that shouldn't mean that I want to see the same baddies every year, but I wouldn't mind a new Von Nebula set if it looks good.

In many films and cartoons villains after being defeated soon return with new armour and weapon,so i agree with you. But i really wonder what will they do with Nebula. Will he be revamped, or will they just add some new weapon and armour? Nobody knows yet.

Bringing Nebula into the story again would probably be easier than bringing any other main villain back. He was the line's first main villain, so I'm sure people who jumped into the story at a later date would at least have learned about him. And even if no one does remember him, he could always be described with something vague like "a villain from Stormer's past" or "Stormer's longtime enemy". Hero Factory's story is very basic, so seeing a history like this wouldn't be uncommon.

Kalhiki

I'm not sure how I'd feel necessarily about a new Von Nebula set, since I was so fond of the old one and unlike with the heroes it's a bit harder to explain radical changes in appearance for the villains. Being robotic, the characters could rebuild themselves, but that takes time that has to be written into the story.

Von Nebula was a decent villain, but he was not my favorite. This is partly because his backstory felt so rushed in the TV episodes. It explained how he went rogue, obviously, but not what gave him the need to exact vengeance on Stormer and the Hero Factory, nor any hint at how he went from cowardly rookie Hero to full-fledged villainous mastermind.

His potential return in Breakout is interesting (I had expected the staff to have significance since seeing the black hole the villains escaped through, but I can't say the same for the character himself), and I wonder how it will be implemented without drawing attention away from the characters who are appearing as sets this year. It's entirely possible that he will be operating things from behind-the-scenes, somewhat like the mysterious sorceror who advised Vladek in Knights' Kingdom II, or like Makuta Teridax's influence in 2006 BIONICLE. If this is the case there's no need for him to necessarily return as a main villain-- it's intimidating enough for him to be an ethereal threat exacting his revenge through other villains.

One thing's for sure: if he returns in any way, it sets the Breakout story apart from all others before it. And I suppose that's to be expected, since from what I've read 2012 is the last year TLG had planned for Hero Factory when the theme was first introduced. While it's not necessarily a finale, and they might have more plans for the theme by now, it certainly could be understood as a major milestone much like BIONICLE: Mask of Light.

I hope that he will be involved in the 2013 story as well, and every story from now on, manipulating events from behind the scenes, then in Hero Factory's last line he will finally confront Stormer yet again.

i think von nebula will be second teridax

i think von nebula will be second teridax

I think Nebula will be like Takutanuva, consisting of Nebula himself and lost many years ago hero Thresher. IMO. I anyway think that if Nebula will be in 2013, then who'll be the canister villains? Maybe Lego designers will revamp Xplode,Meltdown,Corroder, Thunder and maybe even Vapour. :wink:

I think Nebula will be like Takutanuva, consisting of Nebula himself and lost many years ago hero Thresher. IMO.

You know what I think?

I think that LEGO shouldn't have to cater to all the Bionicle fans and make the Hero Factory guys representations of that theme. Nebula should be a fresh, original villain, and the heroes should be fresh, original heroes. I don't like the idea of Nebula serving the same purpose as Makuta (I refuse to call him Teridax. 2003 Bionicle ftw), always staying in the sidelines manipulating absolutely everything.

You know what I think?

I think that LEGO shouldn't have to cater to all the Bionicle fans and make the Hero Factory guys representations of that theme. Nebula should be a fresh, original villain, and the heroes should be fresh, original heroes. I don't like the idea of Nebula serving the same purpose as Makuta (I refuse to call him Teridax. 2003 Bionicle ftw), always staying in the sidelines manipulating absolutely everything.

It's not that we want him to be similar, we just want some answers to questions and plotholes left by the (pooly written) Rise of the Rookies series of episodes. Then we could find out his motive, instead of non-specific revenge...

It's not that we want him to be similar, we just want some answers to questions and plotholes left by the (pooly written) Rise of the Rookies series of episodes. Then we could find out his motive, instead of non-specific revenge...

See, this is what I want. I want all the necessary plot holes to be filled. But what I was thinking people wanted was for Nebula to be in control of everything. How would you like to see...

The fire villains were sent by Von Nebula to get rid of the Hero Pod fuel as part of his plan to take down Hero Factory!

Witch Doctor went to Quatros to take all the quaza to power up Von Nebula for his fight against the Hero Factory!

Or does that only sound stupid to me? :look:

You know what I think?

For whatever reason, a few people seem to be making assumptions that I'd like Nebula to be in control of everything and everyone. This is not the case. I would just like him to be manipulating small things in his favour behind the scenes, and only actually appear once more, in the last line, unlike the Makuta. I don't want Nebula's new aim to be having control of the galaxy like many generic villains, but simply to bring down Stormer and Hero Factory itself, but this time with an actual motive. All main villains in Hero Factory so far have been full-on, I'd like to see one of them hiding in the shadows. Speaking of main villains, like I've said, I don't want Von Nebula to control them, but merely have weak links to them to slide a small selection of things his way.

I agree. That is all.

For whatever reason, a few people seem to be making assumptions that I'd like Nebula to be in control of everything and everyone. This is not the case. I would just like him to be manipulating small things in his favour behind the scenes, and only actually appear once more, in the last line, unlike the Makuta. I don't want Nebula's new aim to be having control of the galaxy like many generic villains, but simply to bring down Stormer and Hero Factory itself, but this time with an actual motive. All main villains in Hero Factory so far have been full-on, I'd like to see one of them hiding in the shadows. Speaking of main villains, like I've said, I don't want Von Nebula to control them, but merely have weak links to them to slide a small selection of things his way.

But that sounds exactly like what Makuta was doing. 2006 he's nothing but antidermis, giving the Piraka a few ideas. 2007, he's there, but he's not even the main villain, he's actually helping the good guys to further his aim. 2008 he isn't there at all, until the end, where it's revealed that he won. Same with 2001-03, and 04-05; yes they actually confront him a few times, but he's always hidden and in the shadows up until that point.

At the beginning of this year, I thought there was a decidedly more "no returning villains" sentiment, and I'm surprised to see how quickly that changed. Then again, we are the spiritual descendants of BIONICLE fans; I shouldn't be that amazed.

Probably not, as I already posted multiple pictures of her back in December. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, what was the point of this post? It just comes of as pretentious and irritating to me.

But that sounds exactly like what Makuta was doing. 2006 he's nothing but antidermis, giving the Piraka a few ideas. 2007, he's there, but he's not even the main villain, he's actually helping the good guys to further his aim. 2008 he isn't there at all, until the end, where it's revealed that he won. Same with 2001-03, and 04-05; yes they actually confront him a few times, but he's always hidden and in the shadows up until that point.

At the beginning of this year, I thought there was a decidedly more "no returning villains" sentiment, and I'm surprised to see how quickly that changed. Then again, we are the spiritual descendants of BIONICLE fans; I shouldn't be that amazed.

I would be able to accept Von Nebula as a toned-down Makuta, considerably toned-down mind you.

Also, this is what I want of Nebby if he has to come back, I don't think bringing him back was a particularly brilliant idea, but I do think it could be pulled off well.