Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

If you're on Amazon, DO NOT order from My Worldwide Market.

I placed two orders. One yesterday night and one today morning and the first was cancelled. Seller said that their shipping calculator was borked. I was told by the seller I would be refunded and Amazon's stock email said that I wasn't charged.

Both claims were bollocks. I was charged for both orders totalling $1.4k according to my bank and now I have to wait for a refund or release of funds. Amazon's customer service said it could take anywhere up to the 19th for that to happen. Of course, my CC statement is slated to arrive on the 18th. HAH.

Edited by shawn_low

Anybody in Melbourne want to split an order from the WB Shop?

I could be interested, but I'm thinking I might wait and see for a bit to see if they list some of the other sets as well, for if they do and they're at US retaion, I might pick up a couple. They've put up all the LoTR ones, but I don't know what the timeline was for them adding those sets to the store to then predict what will happen with the Hobbit sets... Actually you could add in some of the new DC sets to that list too...

Still kicking myself that I ummed and aahed too long when this set was 25% off at Amazon UK :-/

Still kicking myself that I ummed and aahed too long when this set was 25% off at Amazon UK :-/

Actually, I have some WB coupon codes that knock the price down a little (about 10%) :-)

US RRP is lower than UK RRP and all the LOTR and Hobbit stuff will end up being fairly cheap considering the lower US RRP and weaker dollar strength vs the Sterling. It might be as cheap, if not cheaper than 25% off at Amazon UK. Shipping is a flat US$20 no matter how many sets. Very tempting!

Actually, I have some WB coupon codes that knock the price down a little (about 10%) :-)

US RRP is lower than UK RRP and all the LOTR and Hobbit stuff will end up being fairly cheap considering the lower US RRP and weaker dollar strength vs the Sterling. It might be as cheap, if not cheaper than 25% off at Amazon UK. Shipping is a flat US$20 no matter how many sets. Very tempting!

Agree! If they put up some of the others I'll buy from there! If you do want to do a pooled order at some stage, drop me a PM. I've done group buys with a couple of Melb folks before...

Hi!

I'm looking for a regular supplier of sealed, brand new sets of LEGO. Could you recommend me any shop with reasonable, but competitive prices? Europe is particulary welcomed :)

For those interested wbshop is now stocking all the Hobbit sets with $20 shipping to Australia/NZ

For those interested wbshop is now stocking all* the Hobbit sets with $20 shipping to Australia/NZ

* except the Barrel set of course. I just realised despite waiting for this availability I don't have anything left to buy!

I placed an order with TRU (US) a month ago, 2.5 weeks postage time. The packaging inside the oversized boxes wasn't very protective, but all sets' boxes were in fair to good condition, a couple of creases but nothing disappointing. I wouldn't recommend for resellers (can't guarantee the quality), but for yourself/family or a gift I would. :thumbup:

Was about to share some pics but just realised I haven't uploaded them...

For those interested wbshop is now stocking all the Hobbit sets with $20 shipping to Australia/NZ

Think we missed the boat on WB Shop already. Their $20 shipping must have been costing them profits so WB NO LONGER SHIPS to Australia. :-(

I had all the Hobbit sets sitting in my cart waiting for a group deal to eventuate. Oh well...

Hi everyone, I know this thread has been quiet for a while now and that most of you are aware of the amazon comparison site that is great for getting a quick overview of current deals. There are a range of great deals at the moment, particularly on amazon.co.uk for star wars sets.

Baaa... Looks like the WBShop.com loophole has been closed by LEGO. No longer shipping Lego outside the US :angry:

For those in Aus after the BttF Time Machine, it's available at toysrus.com and if you want two you can get them for under $60 each shipped.

Is toysrus USA the only place one can get the BTTF set shipped to Australia without needing to wait for Shop @ Home to get more stock in?

Also, how is the experience for Aussies buying from toysrus USA? What sort of shipping times are people experiencing? (I am in Perth if that makes a difference)

Oh and is there anywhere I can pick up an Opera House for less than the $399.99 Australian RRP?

Is toysrus USA the only place one can get the BTTF set shipped to Australia without needing to wait for Shop @ Home to get more stock in?

Also, how is the experience for Aussies buying from toysrus USA? What sort of shipping times are people experiencing? (I am in Perth if that makes a difference)

Oh and is there anywhere I can pick up an Opera House for less than the $399.99 Australian RRP?

As far as I'm aware it is the only place right now besides shop at home. My experiences have been fine, generally fairly well packed and takes about 2 weeks to get here (Adelaide). Although their tracking system is usually days behind.

Regarding the Opera House, I'd wait a week or two to see if Myer has a sale.

Thanks for the tip on BTTF at TRU, I placed an order for one, even with shipping its cheaper than the Shop @ Home price for AU.

@johnl

For figures and accessories I have tended to use http://www.minifigbay.com - good prices and shipping fees are reasonable

Next time you're shopping on a marketplace like Bricklink, I would suggest it is best to check Store Terms before ordering. If they don't show shipping rates, don't order!

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, it's always been a very helpful topic in the past, what would be the best way to purchase the Ewok Village in Australia/importing to Australia other than resorting to the official Lego shop?

I hope others have done this and can steer me in the right direction, thanks.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, it's always been a very helpful topic in the past, what would be the best way to purchase the Ewok Village in Australia/importing to Australia other than resorting to the official Lego shop?

I hope others have done this and can steer me in the right direction, thanks.

I hear there's a good chance it will be at myer for midyear sale, so if you can wait, that'd be your best bet.You could get one from amazon.com for a bit over $300 but they were shipping in a plastic bag only. I got one on sale a few weeks back and it was totally wrecked and the return process was a major hassle.

Your other option is double vip points from april1 to 15, assuming that's a worldwide promo.

Thanks for the info Hewman.

I guess amazon.com is back to shipping lego to Australia then. They're temporally out of stock at the moment (says new stock is in 9 March) but at $250 USD and $25 I put in my order.

Toys R Us in the U.S had it for $300 when I looked but now it's down to $250 but shipping is $60.

I don't really care about the condition of the outer box. Hewman, did you order from amazon or a thrid party seller and can I ask how much you paid? I've never had a problem with returns to amazon. I've never used third party sellers.

Again thanks for steering me in the right direction.

I checked amazon.com, and after conversion the ewok set is $AUS320 delivered - not bad considering s@h price is 390

Edited by jtr

Thanks for the info Hewman.

I guess amazon.com is back to shipping lego to Australia then. They're temporally out of stock at the moment (says new stock is in 9 March) but at $250 USD and $25 I put in my order.

Toys R Us in the U.S had it for $300 when I looked but now it's down to $250 but shipping is $60.

I don't really care about the condition of the outer box. Hewman, did you order from amazon or a thrid party seller and can I ask how much you paid? I've never had a problem with returns to amazon. I've never used third party sellers.

Again thanks for steering me in the right direction.

I ordered from Amazon directly. There's a big thread on brickset about many many people getting their sets shipped in plastic bags and then the 1st and 2nd replacements being shipped in plastic bags too. Then they stopped selling it with a note about how customers have let them know about a possible shipping issue with the item, so hopefully this means they will send yours in a box. Let us know how you go.

No problem re the advice .

Edit: They briefly had a sale (now unheard of for the big former shop at home only sets) and I think it was about $30 US less than RRP with same shipping cost as you.

Edited by Hewman