Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Romulus tosses the medal of glory and drops a pouch containing 50 gold to Xander.

"So Alexander, you would be interested in a trip to the fields? All we need is 1 more person."

IC: De'kra shock his head, "Not that void. It is just what I call it. Better name might be...final resting place? It's...I'm not sure if you have word for it. But...I not sure Byblos would accept it. I can not really prove any of it happened, and from what I can tell that would be too speculative. I could pass it off as a legend of my home, but I not sure if he would accept it without word from others of my kind. No offense to him, but I am not as common a visiter any more to the library as you. I feel like you have a better chance of passing it off as myth at least."

"The Wolfgang, heh, they are just the same as any other. No need to worry about them. I do not know about rich and powerful, heheh, but with gray hair and... wise." Hybros looked as the last of the Baltorak quest-goers were called out, his name absent from the list of names called. "Well, it looks like our meeting is not cut short this time, hehe."

Boomingham waves farewell to Hoke and turns back to Hybros.

"They've got the witch Baba on their side now. She can make your mind go all wonky. Even got to little Barty." Boomingham glances around, concerned. "Wonder where he is, I thought he was just shopping. Such a trouble maker. Though I guess it's best that he's not here to tell you off for calling me wise." Boomingham laughs. "Perhaps we'll find a quest together some time soon, my little friend. I've had it up to here with new heroes. They're all too uppity and wishy washy. I need some solid fellows again."

"Wait, wait, what is this about the Veterans?" Althior crosses his arms and leans in onto the table, concerned. "Anyways, good for having your own standards. Too many people in this hall are just complete and utter sell outs. Have some dignity in your work. I wish I could myself, but right now all my focus is on getting out of this hall. There was, something odd going about on my last quest, and I can't attempt to solve it from being cooped up in here." He sits back, twiddling his thumbs, feeling uneasy about everything that was going on outside of Eubric. The beauty, the horror, he'd seen it all. He felt the need to get back out there.

"Wait, you didn't know? One of the 'perks' of Heroica is the web of protective spells the Veterans weave around us--keep us from dying if our enemies overwhelm us, letting us talk and plan freely in the heat of battle, minimizing our wounds so we can keep fighting to the last breath, that sort of thing. 'Course, any good spell has its side-effects, as I'm sure you're aware. In this case, one of the more insidious ones is the leakage of the time stop effect, making days pass like months for some of us. Pretty sure there's a perception filter applied to it as well--not many of us notice the Veterans' protection, and I think people would get a lot more freaked out if they realized just how screwed-up the flow of time is around us."

IC: De'kra shock his head, "Not that void. It is just what I call it. Better name might be...final resting place? It's...I'm not sure if you have word for it. But...I not sure Byblos would accept it. I can not really prove any of it happened, and from what I can tell that would be too speculative. I could pass it off as a legend of my home, but I not sure if he would accept it without word from others of my kind. No offense to him, but I am not as common a visiter any more to the library as you. I feel like you have a better chance of passing it off as myth at least."

But that is the myth of the Void... Arthur decides not to debate the point further. "Then tell me, De'kra--tell me everything."

"So Alexander, you would be interested in a trip to the fields? All we need is 1 more person."

"Very well, in the meantime you search for another hero, I have to go to the Market to sell some things." then Alexander left the Hall heading to the Market.

Boomingham waves farewell to Hoke and turns back to Hybros.

"They've got the witch Baba on their side now. She can make your mind go all wonky. Even got to little Barty." Boomingham glances around, concerned. "Wonder where he is, I thought he was just shopping. Such a trouble maker. Though I guess it's best that he's not here to tell you off for calling me wise." Boomingham laughs. "Perhaps we'll find a quest together some time soon, my little friend. I've had it up to here with new heroes. They're all too uppity and wishy washy. I need some solid fellows again."

"Hm, who? I do not believe I have met this Barty person... do not tell me that you need a caretaker, Lawrence? Heheheheh...." Hybros tugged at his kerchief, then continued. "I do hope that we can quest together again, it has been since our very first days in Heroica that we have done so. And," he leaned in closer to the Paladin. "I must get out of here. It is no use standing around the Hall when there is a world to see, hehe. I wish I could have seen Baltorak again, but it seems there were those better suited to the job..."

He looked to the questboard. There was a single quest still posted. "What about this one? I have dealt with these Tritech people before. They are not the most friendly, but they get the job done, eheh. And where there is Tritech, there is Ji Pei... hmm..."

OOC: Really meta origin below. This was conceived from the beginning, and is the reason I can't just ignore Bionicle with him.

IC: De'kra sighed, "Imagine...idea. A story that someone makes up. And this story, many people hear about it. They like it, and they contribute to it. The story grows, it is told to children, and they remember and tell that story. And gradually this belief, all these minds working together, make it real. Sometimes I wonder if this is where the gods of Olegaia come from."

He looked down, "I am story, the story I told you. All those heroes, those villains, the planets and islands, they are all part of me. I am just idea, one that people added to over many years. Most of my family last only year or two, I lasted ten. But people...they don't really know my story any more. Many still know it and care, but I fade more every day. My story no longer well known, soon I will be forgotten, and cease to exist. I already spawned some other stories, they still remain in memory. But maybe-maybe if you know my story and pass it down, one day I will come back. I probably would be different, maybe not all my people will return, but I might come back. Does this make sense?"

"Wait, you didn't know? One of the 'perks' of Heroica is the web of protective spells the Veterans weave around us--keep us from dying if our enemies overwhelm us, letting us talk and plan freely in the heat of battle, minimizing our wounds so we can keep fighting to the last breath, that sort of thing. 'Course, any good spell has its side-effects, as I'm sure you're aware. In this case, one of the more insidious ones is the leakage of the time stop effect, making days pass like months for some of us. Pretty sure there's a perception filter applied to it as well--not many of us notice the Veterans' protection, and I think people would get a lot more freaked out if they realized just how screwed-up the flow of time is around us."

"You know, that actually makes a lot of sense when I think about. Can't believe I'd never noticed that before. I mean, I guess when you look at it from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's pretty obvious."

"Hm, who? I do not believe I have met this Barty person... do not tell me that you need a caretaker, Lawrence? Heheheheh...." Hybros tugged at his kerchief, then continued. "I do hope that we can quest together again, it has been since our very first days in Heroica that we have done so. And," he leaned in closer to the Paladin. "I must get out of here. It is no use standing around the Hall when there is a world to see, hehe. I wish I could have seen Baltorak again, but it seems there were those better suited to the job..."

He looked to the questboard. There was a single quest still posted. "What about this one? I have dealt with these Tritech people before. They are not the most friendly, but they get the job done, eheh. And where there is Tritech, there is Ji Pei... hmm..."

"I don't think I need a care taker, but he certainly thinks I do." Boomingham pauses briefly. "Perhaps I ought to go check on the man I mean to look after. Have I ever told you of my time in Strivvi? It's an interesting city, and I do hope to return there some day. As for the quest... I'd be happy to quest with you again, and as much as I generally lament running errands, it would do me good to change my pace after saving that city. I'll go if you do." Boomingham signs up for Quest #91. "I met the Ji Pei matron, she strikes me as a sharp one. Might as well help her out."

"Would anyone like to make a trip to the fields with me?"

Romulus tosses the medal of glory and drops a pouch containing 50 gold to Xander.

Johon Perks up at the offer, even though it was not intended towards him.

"Hey, I'd be willing to go there. I've never been there before and was looking forward to going there at some point. Since I'm not going on any of the 3 quests, I'd like to go with you."

Johon says, signing up for the Fields of Glory.

"Hmm, I've been thinking..." Johon says, speaking to Romulus and Karie. "Would either of you happen to know someone that could help me make a weapon? Perhaps an inventor of some sort?"

Johon notices an announcement about the replacement hero for quest 81.

"Hmm... I forgot about that." Johon says to no one in particular. Now facing Romulus, he continues. "If I am picked for this quest go on without me, either on the fields or 91. However, I am hoping to become the replacement for 81. It's those Proggs again, but this time they come in peace... Apparently. Anyways, I am hoping to be able to help out. Considering the fact that one of the heroes is either dead, missing, or forfeiting, I'm quite certain they will need help, most likely from someone who's dealt with this kind of thing before."

"Well, I better be off, lads. Sorry for the short visit, but I've got a show to go to. I'll see you in the morning!"

And with that, Karie was off and out of the hall. Masson would be there soon, it seemed she had dawdled in the hall for far too long! She rushed through the streets and back to her place.

Karie and Masson make it to their seats in the crowded theatre, relatively close to the stage considering the seats were in the front section of the middle row. Karie felt a tinge of regret as she sat amongst the crowd. Her sister had been murdered in the back alley of this theatre not months before. She sat with Masson, who removes his purple cloak.

11180723293_bab5f466a8_o.jpg

"Jeez, I think I'm about to split the dress, supper was that filling."

10619178236_abcbeff440_o.jpg

"Well, that's good to hear, I hope you liked it. I believe the show starts soon. I was afraid we'd miss the show, the restaurant was that jammed."

11180723293_bab5f466a8_o.jpg

"Well I'm glad we're here. So far it's been quite romantic. I don't think we'll need to worry about crowds, after the show. Masson, I was wondering-"

The orchestra begins to play, cutting Karie off mid sentence as the house lights dim. Masson looks at Karie for a few seconds, his face flush red. Karie, her excitement hardly contained, held Masson's hand as the curtains opened,

"I don't think I need a care taker, but he certainly thinks I do." Boomingham pauses briefly. "Perhaps I ought to go check on the man I mean to look after. Have I ever told you of my time in Strivvi? It's an interesting city, and I do hope to return there some day. As for the quest... I'd be happy to quest with you again, and as much as I generally lament running errands, it would do me good to change my pace after saving that city. I'll go if you do." Boomingham signs up for Quest #91. "I met the Ji Pei matron, she strikes me as a sharp one. Might as well help her out."

"Strivvi? No, never heard of it. Do tell." Hybros said as he also signed up for Quest #91.

Current Sign Ups for 91:

Eric Tryvar, level 19 Shaman (Myrrdyn)

Althior Emorith, Level 36 Necromancer (K-Nut)

Drake Flamerobe, Level 11.5 Knight (xxlrocka)

De'kra, Level 21 Sorcerer (Tanma)

Ellaria Arbour, Level 25.5 Druid (Sandy)

Johon, Level 26 Raider (Bricksandparts)

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 29.33 Paladin (Zepher)

Hybros, Level 26.66 Assassin (JimButcher)

Avalanche throws open the doors of the hall, extremely pleased with having completed his second quest. He enters and soon spots Romulus and Johon beside the questboard, "Oh, you waited! Thanks." Avalanche signs up for the Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory.

"Avalanche, we shall wait till 81 is decided, then with whoever is left, we shall do a group sign up. Agreed?"

A notice appears on the quest board, the Tritech Company logo stamped on the bottom of the page.

"The following people have been chosen to assist the Tritech Company in the delivery of the Vibrataphone:

CHOSEN HEROES FOR QUEST 91:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 29.33 Paladin (Zepher)

Hybros, Level 26.66 Assassin (JimButcher)

Ellaria Arbour, Level 25.5 Druid (Sandy)

De'kra, Level 21 Sorcerer (Tanma)

Please be present at 46 Halibut Avenue in the Harbour district at six tomorrow evening. Dress warmly. ~Nicole Telsa"

OOC: The quest will be up tomorrow. Sorry guys, I'm incredibly busy. You have tons of time to shop and see your fellow heroes off in the mean time. The quest will be short and simple, and I hope you guys like it. We'll probably be back for Flipz's quest, so here's to that. See you in a bit!

"Avalanche, we shall wait till 81 is decided, then with whoever is left, we shall do a group sign up. Agreed?"

"That's fine with me."

"Well, OK. How strong are you, though? I wouldn't like to publicly humiliate you by beating you too quickly- I am a yeti, after all..."