Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Clever and good with traps? How have we not met before?" Jess asked teasingly.

Because you're a Rogue. My skill with the bow made my Ranger profession inevitable. We Rangers also get to play with hand cannon, so black powder's nothing new to me. But hand cannon take too long to reload.

After sculling a whole pint of ale Thrain put down his mug and turned to the ranger who offered some goose.

"Not many dwarves out. Though I wouldn't have even thought to come here if my mine wasn't destroyed"

Thrain pulled out his sword.

"There I was surrounded by one hundred, no, one thousand enemy dwarves. They came for my gold and my crown, i'm the king of the north western southern dwarf clan you see."

Thrain's story became more and more complicated each time he chose to share it with a traveler!

"They all attacked at once, I stopped a few but the rest had me pinned down."

Thrain stopped to make sure someone was listening, and then continued with his twisted story.

"They enemy dwarves had a dragon you see and the floor of the mine was covered in ale, and when that stupid dragon breathed its fiery breath..."

Thrain stopped pretending to be affected.

"The whole place went up in flames. THE END" Thrain shouted.

"Now I must rest" He whispered, dropping to the ground asleep.

"That is intense, :oh: Now when doe this fellow wake up?

Cronk not sure Cronk like look of Rogue Henry. Rogue Henry show more teeth when smiling than Cronk. Cronk not like being out-toothed.

Friends, look, Cronk sees puppy! Nice puppy. Fellow knight Cristopher has nice puppy. Cronk pet. See, Cronk gentle.

Because you're a Rogue. My skill with the bow made my Ranger profession inevitable. We Rangers also get to play with hand cannon, so black powder's nothing new to me. But hand cannon take too long to reload.

"Ah. Makes sense. It's nice to know that someone as clever as me is running around with deadly weapons and traps, though," Jess said.

"Ah. Makes sense. It's nice to know that someone as clever as me is running around with deadly weapons and traps, though," Jess said.

"Or it could be not so nice to know that." Bacari mutters across the room.

After a break from the tumult of Heroica Hall, Bob wandered back in. The occupants of the hall seem to have multiplied, Bob thought. Still, he couldn't help but notice that he was the only one of his species in the room. Sure, there were some others who claimed to be elves, but beyond their slightly pointy ears, Bob really didn't see that much resemblance. He sat to the side, watching quietly, until he noticed someone with whom he had something in common.

"Friends, look, Cronk sees puppy! Nice puppy. Fellow knight Cristopher has nice puppy. Cronk pet. See, Cronk gentle. "

Bob wasn't a fan of dogs, he'd run into a few rather nasty ones on his journey to Heroica, but this Cronk person was speaking in third person! Bob eagerly walked over to him, while simultaneously trying to stay away from the dog as well.

"Hello Cronk! Bob couldn't help but notice that Cronk already has a group of Cronk's friends to go questing and adventuring with. Would Cronk mind if Bob joined Cronk's group?"

Friends, look, Cronk sees puppy! Nice puppy. Fellow knight Cristopher has nice puppy. Cronk pet. See, Cronk gentle.

Excellent. :classic:

It's nice to know that someone as clever as me is running around with deadly weapons and traps, though,

Perhaps.

Scheherazade arrives with the roast duck, and Bartholomew carves off a piece for himself.

Help yourself. :moar:

(this addressed to the other four at the table)

"Or it could be not so nice to know that." Bacari mutters across the room.

You may not have the best relationship with the Rogue, but rest assured that I myself am not here to get into conflicts with my fellow heroes.

You may not have the best relationship with the Rogue, but rest assured that I myself am not here to get into conflicts with my fellow heroes.

Was I getting into conflict? OR just saying a fact?

Changing the subject, Hybros inquires, "Sitting here, I've heard about an Orcish Invasion. Do you know of it? I'm afraid the time of those events preludes my time on the surface. Surely, you've heard more than I about the subject during your time here?".

Tomas sits still for a minute, clearly trying to remember something. "It happened over two-hundred years ago, so I obviously wasn't there, but we've all heard the stories." he suddenly says, "I can't really remember what grandfather told me about it all those years ago, but it was supposedly a very nasty war- those orcs didn't certainly 'play nice'. They ravaged big portions of the countryside, looting and pillaging as they went. Eventually, the humans and elves defeated them, but not before the damage was done." Tomas leans back in his chair, remembering back again. "My family's not from the city itself, so grandfather didn't know much about what happened here, but according to him, it took almost a year to repair the damage done to just the small town of Maplewood."

Was I getting into conflict? OR just saying a fact?

You were stating a fact. I was simply stating that I have no intention of using my weapons unprovoked against a fellow hero. :wink:

"Thanks Bartholomew, but I'm still nursing my pint and my lamb leg," Jess said, taking a swig of her ale and a bite of her lamb.

That duck does look mighty tasty, though... Maybe a bite.

Jess took a chunk out of the duck, smiling.

You were stating a fact. I was simply stating that I have no intention of using my weapons unprovoked against a fellow hero. :wink:

Thank you, it was as I said, now how about we stop all this arguing, and stealing, and pointing crossbows at people shall we?

Ooh! Duck! :moar:

Whoa- Deja vu! :tongue:

Easy Cronk, we shouldn't be suspicious of Henry because he has a toothy grin, we should be suspicious because he has a disapproving look because of Bob over there. Could he be Anti-mage and could my earlier statement be true? :look:

Nah! :tongue:

I personally don't mind you sitting here Bob, but this table is sure getting cramped.

My advice young Elf is to get out of our way so us old folk can eat our duck. :thumbup:

Edited by K-nut

Orders a wine and moves over to Bartholomew's table

Let me guess - you pulled up another chair. I must be sitting at a really big table. :tongue:

"Do any of you have advice for a young elf?"

Don't block the space between another table and the bar with the chair you pulled up. Some other heroes might not like it.

I personally don't mind you sitting here Bob, but this table is sure getting cramped.

I think we're up to seven at this table, now. :look:

Let me guess - you pulled up another chair. I must be sitting at a really big table. :tongue:

I wondered the same thing, is this a bar or a dining hall? :laugh:

"Who says it isn't a magic table?" :tongue:

Don't block the space between another table and the bar with the chair you pulled up. Some other heroes might not like it.

"Okay I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

"Have you been in any battles Bartholomew? You Islanti?"

Make that eight.

Bacari pulls up a chair. Anything we should discuss?

Yeah but only the original 5 can have the duck. Get your own newcomers! We don't share over here! :tongue:

Wait, Bacari? weren't you already sitting here? :wacko:

Yeah but only the original 5 can have the duck. Get your own newcomers! We don't share over here! :tongue:

Wait, Bacari? weren't you already sitting here? :wacko:

No, I was across the room, close, but not at.

"Who says it isn't a magic table?" :tongue:

Let's not get into this discussion. Using magic as an excuse for unusual things just leads to confusion and people saying 'Magic this!' and 'Magic that!'.

<out of character>For the purposes of roleplaying in this thread, we should assume that magical powers in Heroica are limited to those that mages wield in battle.</out of character>

"Have you been in any battles Bartholomew? You Islanti?"

I was just telling the Rogue about the one I lost my eye in. Standard procedure ambush on a Crusader scouting party coming too close to our hideout.

"You Islanti?"

"Oh, plenty. People tend to get angry when you take their gold. :laugh: Case in point: that youngster elven ranger over there. And please, call me Jess. Don't take me too seriously, I'm really a light-hearted elf," Jess replied with a grin on her face.

You guys talk fast!

Make that eight.

Bacari pulls up a chair. Anything we should discuss?

We should discuss moving to that empty table in the corner where eight chairs at a table for four won't block anybody else's paths. :grin:

The food is free, so no problem.

Bartholomew gets up and orders more duck. Duck for ten, just in case.

"Oh, plenty. People tend to get angry when you take their gold. :laugh: Case in point: that youngster elven ranger over there. And please, call me Jess. Don't take me too seriously, I'm really a light-hearted elf," Jess replied with a grin on her face.

Don't go over the top there, no need to lie to other elves. I certainty was not angry. :blush: