XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I see that, but we had no idea on what colors it would have, minifigures, or size.. This is the first look.

We knew because I posted a foto from a retailers catalogue...(-;

Does anyone know how much it will cost and how many Parts it contains?

I believe $40

-Sci

The price tag there says it will be $39.99, not bad for a set like that. :classic:

Jabba's Palace is looking excellent! :drool: The new Jedi Starfighter and Desert Skiff are also really nice. Darn Toy Fair people, why did you have to hide Boba Fett's leg printing in the Sarlacc! :tongue:

Clearly it will contain XXX parts.

I find these sets to be a mixed bag. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to keep making the Jedi Starfighters bigger and more expensive. To my taste, the original Anakin one did the trick perfectly and was only $20. Now, admittedly it's nice to get part of the pain patter built in instead of all stickers, but $30 for a single Jedi Starfighter seems like way too much, and it might even be too big. I'm having the same problem with the Fury. It's a cool looking ship, and it's actually quite underscaled compared to the minifigures, but I can't see a $90 Tie-like ship that most people won't have heard of selling very well. Not that the price tag is wrong, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

The Malevolence is still pretty atrocious. That's all I have to say about that.

I quite like the Gungan Sub. I never thought they would be able to actually make a good model of that ship, and though it's far from accurate, it looks appropriately curvy and pleasing.

Woah, This is something I have to share with you guys asap, I was never even aware that LEGO was making this set!

Looks great, just wished it was tiled!

Legoboy, you aren't allowed to embed preliminary images here. Just link to the image, don't embed it.

Sadly, it appears as though Princess Leia in Jabba's Palace does indeed have that Princess Tamina head. :sadnew: See Here:

Why? why?!? :thumbdown: Recycling for important characters in licensed themes is a MUSTN'T! They're not giving importance to face designs as they did a few years ago.

2007 designers, where are you all? :cry_sad:

Edited by Otherworld

Woah, This is something I have to share with you guys asap, I was never even aware that LEGO was making this set!

Why is everyone so obsessed with LEGO tiling ships? I don't ever see them doing it.

Jabba's Palace - Don't know if I said it already, but this is a must buy. :cry_happy: Would have liked another redesigned Slave Leia, but that would be two Leias in one set.

Desert Skiff - I was hoping for a new headpiece for Kithaba, but otherwise it's another buy for me.

Gungan Sub - Apart from Amidala, this set doesn't draw me much. Bricklink to the rescue!

X-wing Starfighter & Yavin 4 - The X-Wing look identical to 30051. Really? I'm not paying $12.99 for something I already have! :sceptic:

Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin - Worth it for Lobot, although the Cloud Car looks a bit awkward to me.

AT-ST and Endor - Meh, I'll buy one if I have extra cash left over.

Star Wars Adent Calendar 2012 - Contents look uninspired, and now that the US MSRP is $50, I suppose it will cost $65 in Canada? I wish Lego luck with this, as I still see the last advent calendar in stores, 'clearanced' to $35-40 and still not selling! :laugh:

CW/EU sets - Don't know much about these so not that interested. Maybe once we get some reviews out I'll change my mind.

Edited by autobrick

I agree that it would be cool if we got a new Leia slave, but they couldn't include two Leias in one set.

And if I have to choose, i definitly go for Leia Boushh.

I agree that it would be cool if we got a new Leia slave, but they couldn't include two Leias in one set.

Sure they could. If they can put two Barbossas in a single $20 set and both Bruce Wayne and Batman in the Batcave, they could put two Leias in if they wanted to.

Wooohoo :sweet:

Whoa! Where is that from? He looks awesome! Is that a Clone Wars version though? Why no shirt?

Edited by metalface13

Whoa! Where is that from? He looks awesome! Is that a Clone Wars version though? Why no shirt?

It might be CW, or it's just from the EU. (look it up on Wookieepedia if you want to)

6864258549_bde2fef418_z.jpg

From FBTB :wink:

I freaking want that Darth Maul!!! How to get him?Please tell me.

I already have a very similar (and possibly better) one..you know - ebay. Wait some time and this one will be there too.

That Darth Maul is epic, I want him now!!!

As for some of the new sets, Jabba's Palace still looks amazing and the Republic Fighter has excellent figures!!! Satele Shan :wub:

I already have a very similar (and possibly better) one..you know - ebay. Wait some time and this one will be there too.

Could you send me some pics? Or a link?

:)

The missing minifig in Jabba's palace seems to be Ree-Yees (as can be seen on pics of the preliminary box in the background)... I wonder why they decided to ditch him :wacko: Maybe they'll release him in another set, like they did with the Tactical Droid two years ago :sweet:

I doubt they are ditching him, it appears it was more of a case where the figure isn't display ready yet, as it's a complex new mold. And it would be smart of Lego to at least one card close to their chest for the eventual announcement, so we have yet another reason to be excited.

For those of you (like me) who want a Slave Leia to go with the set, that figure can be had for $3-5 on Bricklink. I'm definitely going to get one to go with the rest of the figures.

Jabba's Palace is amazing, the building looks good, and this is the ultimate set ever when it comes to new figures, pretty much every character but Chewie haven't been seen before. Now I'm a little worried about the price tag, as it seems the set could be $140, or almost 20c/piece!